• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[quote author=Daniel]

Dawkins wants to look at the evidence, test, experiment and find the answers to the questions

Are you saying that the Theists have never done this in history?

[/quote]

Come now Matabele you can not be that blinded by your faith to think that your faith is based on nothing more than faith and theory!

Just as an aside to this debate, can you imagine the chaos if it was ever proven in an unequivical fashion that god did not exist.

Many of the moral restraints that keep humans in check would go out the window and the world would descend into anarchy imo.

Perhaps this is a problem better not solved.

[quote author=Matabele]
[quote author=Daniel]

Dawkins wants to look at the evidence, test, experiment and find the answers to the questions

[/quote]

Come now Matabele you can not be that blinded by your faith to think that your faith is based on nothing more than faith and theory!
[/quote]

Is the double negative intentional or a mistake. Your statement is very ambigious.

Just as an aside to this debate, can you imagine the chaos if it was ever proven in an unequivical fashion that god did not exist.

Many of the moral restraints that keep humans in check would go out the window and the world would descend into anarchy imo.

Perhaps this is a problem better not solved.

Absolutely agree and part of what makes religion so powerful. Personally I exercise self control. I figure the result will actually be much of a muchness after a few years of turmoil.

The funny thing is, that what you describe could also be somewhat paralleled to the suggested Armageddon

[quote author=Daniel]
[quote author=Matabele]
[quote author=Daniel]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is the double negative intentional or a mistake. Your statement is very ambigious.
[/quote]

My new girlfriend was brought up in campletown it appears her speech has started to ware off on me a bit.

What in fact meant was "Anything"

So you are saying theists rely on faith and theory, nothing tangible?

Theory is theory

I am not saying that at all I am referring to religion as the "theists" in this case, moreso because I was continuing on the theme placed by fLIP in his response.

However theory generally is based on observation and testing of said observations.

Religion is based on something tangible but something generally made tangible as they were created by humans

Did god create us after mankind created him?

One thing we know. Atheistic theory is definetely created by man.

Once again you need to tear down those fences

Define what side I am on, Dawkins is on and what side you are on.

Remove the labels!

An Athiest i am not. It isnt that I dont believe in a god, in fact it is irrelevant.

Imagine two boxers or fighters sizing each other up. They bob and weave and test each others reach, each weary of the other and waiting for the other to make the first move. You will get the occasional jab but not wild swings or flurries.

That is where we are at.....

By the way I just bought the book at lunch time

Imagine two boxers or fighters sizing each other up. They bob and weave and test each others reach, each weary of the other and waiting for the other to make the first move. You will get the occasional jab but not wild swings or flurries.

That is where we are at.....

I'd keep testing the waters for a while longer if I were you dan.

Mata has god on his side. ;)

100 odd posts and they are still sizing each other up??

When does it get entertaining.. when does the KO come?? Is mundine involved?

It's a beautiful day today.

100 odd posts and they are still sizing each other up??

When does it get entertaining.. when does the KO come?? Is mundine involved?

It's a beautiful day today.

I know my oponent is weaker but I like to toy with my food

No one ever gets the KO.

Its like arguing about aliens. You can't prove it and you can't disprove it so therefore no one can make a valid point based on fact.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8