• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Parts of this debate remind me of the 'Gods must be Crazy'!

Dan - there is a Creationist slant to the 'Christian Right' who make a lot of noise but it is not the only line of thought. Many Christians hold to a form of Theistic Evolution. The Bible is not a Science book and never pretended to be - it points to God as Creator and people as a deliberate action. I find it encouraging to think that I am not a cosmic accident. As for how we got here - i will leave that to the Scientists.

loved that show- very funny stuff!

[quote author=Daniel]
[quote author=Matabele]
Are you suggesting the two are mutually exclusive Dan? :roll:

by pure definition yes!
[/quote]

Only by the strictest literal interpretation of Genesis would this be the case.

:blah:
[/quote]

The Gronk

So what you have essentially said there is that by PURE definition!

which is exactly what i said, however it to me 2 words not a whole paragraph!

BZZZT try again!

Alright,

Pants down... rulers out!!

This thread reminds me of the "He-man woman haters club" just a bunch of tossers throwing their weight around.

Let's all get on our knees and lick the testicles of who can debate best!

Who cares!!

[quote author=Canteen Worker]
Parts of this debate remind me of the 'Gods must be Crazy'!

Dan - there is a Creationist slant to the 'Christian Right' who make a lot of noise but it is not the only line of thought. Many Christians hold to a form of Theistic Evolution. The Bible is not a Science book and never pretended to be - it points to God as Creator and people as a deliberate action. I find it encouraging to think that I am not a cosmic accident. As for how we got here - i will leave that to the Scientists.

loved that show- very funny stuff!

[/quote]

you are that uncomforatble with yourself that you find it difficult to face that you may have been a cosmic accident?

After all isnt just about every childs birth a cosmic accident on a more micro scale?

I am fine with the fact that in all likely hood, my parents did not intend for me to be born and am comfortable in the fact that on a larger scale I may be an accident it makes no difference.

I came from nothing, I was nothing before and will be nothing after. I have no issues with this. Why are you that uncofmortable that you will happily be sold a story?

Alright,

Pants down... rulers out!!

This thread reminds me of the \"He-man woman haters club\" just a bunch of tossers throwing their weight around.

Let's all get on our knees and lick the testicles of who can debate best!

Who cares!!

But you are missing the point of us doing that.

We are debating a debate that can have no possible clear winner, not only because of its implications but because we do not know the answer, no one does.

So the debate becomes a battle of the wills to see if two seperate and strongly opinionated parties can bend the other to that way of thinking.

What I chose to do was to expose this early on and establish the ground rules of who is a better debater.

Matas will continue to try and rally support, he will also try to claim support where there is none.

I will debate alone and still win. :) :dance:
:dance:

someone needs to bring one of those little bells along to let people know when they have gone on for too long!

you are that uncomforatble with yourself that you find it difficult to face that you may have been a cosmic accident?

Oooh yeah. That 50 billion to one long shot is just killing me.

[quote author=Daniel]

Oooh yeah. That 50 billion to one long shot is just killing me.
[/quote]

And like I said, instead of using the typical response which your crowd does. (leap on any snippet of information, run with it without questioning the reverse and alternatives)
try questioing what the ods of your God are?

Because i am not in a position to tell you that. Seek the answers if you wish to find them, lets not assume them!

What ****s me about you and your lot matas is that you take a defensive position without actually understanding the debate argument or those you apose.

Watch this and truly understand what Dawkins is getting at

http://cosmicafterthoughts.blogspot.com/2007/05/richard-dawkins-on-hour.html

We are debating a debate that can have no possible clear winner, not only because of its implications but because we do not know the answer, no one does.

So the debate becomes a battle of the wills to see if two seperate and strongly opinionated parties can bend the other to that way of thinking.
As history shows this will never happen, what's the point ?

Exactly.

I am happy to admit that and leave there. But matas is happy to live there with ignorance

Exactly.

I am happy to admit that and leave there. But matas is happy to live there with ignorance

There's your pre-supposition and there's your arrogance. Case closed.

It is a silly thing to quarrel with a fool.

maybe or I could be laying some bait!

Arrogance, yes i do not deny a certain arrogance, it makes me what i am.....

pre-supposition, yes i have one. That is that this is an argument that can not be proven, hence the fact I am an Agnostic

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7