• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
yeah obviously lucky, but if there are basically infinite chances, then 1 in 50 billion is a very small number in comparison. There would be a very large number of equally lucky life forms in a much much bigger universe.

Well I prefer the single universe model, as multiple universes are completely unprovable-you may as well try to prove the existence of god as to prove the existence of multiple universes. Once you have a single universe then you have only a single set of laws running the place, and the question of the odds of these laws producing us without some sort of direction becomes significant. For example the a change in the gravitational constant by one part in 30 billion would mean that no planets or stars would ever form.

Gronk that is world line theory to which you refer and that is different to cascading universe theory

matas you have once again completely missed the point by taking a standooint and running with it without looking at both sides of the argument. Fategul i would say, almost as if by design you create your own demise but will once again be to stubborn to admit your failings

Scientist are starting to gather evidence that given the records and discovery's as far as human activity on earth, they are coming to believe that the evolutionary phase could not have happened to our current state in such a short period of time.

Instead, they are weighing up the possibility of life having started in another place in the universe and then transfered to earth where we continued to evolve. (If in fact the evolution theory is correct)

Would give a good argument for life on other planets if that were the case.

As for a god, well, its hard to say what it is and i'm not about to believe what every religion says. I like to think that their won't be 50 virgins waiting for me or that if I flip the bird to passing motorist that I will go to hell because I don't admit fault to a dirty perv in a confession booth. ;) But theres got to be more to what we know.

Although I heard a fantastic saying the other day about death and being afraid of it.

When you die, you'll go the place you were before you were born, and that didn't seem so bad did it?

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.. what is the topic, the science of religion again?

This topic never fails to deliver. :lol:

Dan, when it comes to a pre-suppositionary approach I suggest you remove the log from your eye before inspecting the speck in mine.

Or are we going to trawl all over our post-modernist philosophical debate again and again and again?

Dan, care to explain the cascading universe theory? Is that along the lines that the one universe has a big bang, expands, then contracts, and has another big bang all over again?

Dan, care to explain the cascading universe theory? Is that along the lines that the one universe has a big bang, expands, then contracts, and has another big bang all over again?

No its pretty much the same as the world line theory just with a cascading version of the universe :)
Read Cascading universe as "multiverse" you should now know of which I refer and yes it is unscientific but you get that

This topic never fails to deliver. :lol:

Dan, when it comes to a pre-suppositionary approach I suggest you remove the log from your eye before inspecting the speck in mine.

Or are we going to trawl all over our post-modernist philosophical debate again and again and again?

A statement so laced with irony it's laughable.

need I point out how you have already pre-suppossed that you are correct, hence stating yours as a speck?
Your leap of faith does not reveal you to have more insight, it just means you sit on the other side of the fence looking through a different spy hole, the view is the same as mine, the interpretation is different.

Once again i wont allow you your usual technique. If you wont answer questions on their merit and debate the fact, there is no point.

You choose. Either way you either choose to lose or you choose to debate the topic that neither of us can prove or win!

Dan, I'll answer questions but not your grandiose pre-suppositionary statements.

I often wonder where I should begin!

no you already make an assumption and begin there,

Stop twisting it. it wont work. You are not debating with an MSE inferior here mate. You may have 10 years on me in age, but when it comes to debating, and knowledge you have an equal. Treat me with the respect I am due!

Dont want to say that that joke was predictable but there are as yet undiscovered tribes in the Amazon who knew someone was going to say that

No dan I just got an SMS from chief Oggobungollo who said his whole tribe said it was lame :)

No dan I just got an SMS from chief Oggobungollo who said his whole tribe said it was lame :)

if they are undiscovered how did he get a mobile phone contract or even pre-paid

Because they are very good at stealing stuff from tourists who are trying to discover them of course.

na Fro they are undisovered- it was a plane crash- everyone died but the natives found some sweet little things with buttons that make noise- somehow they reached you....amazing!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2