The Folau Saga ... or Castle's Catastrophy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lol come on I'm not going to chase down any links at this time of day, I've just got home and there's about a half hour window to consider ST burning issues, just give me one reference, one quote! lol
Speaking of burning issues I'm seriously concerned about koala habitats. The recent bushfires have been devastating, not only for humans.
My message is:
Humans, stop chopping down trees and drinking and fornicating in koala habitats.
Do it elsewhere.

First things first: Your logical fallacy is slippery slope

But, aside from the fallacy, so what? How many times in today's age do we hear about companies (and government services) moving offshore because labour prices are cheaper and laws are more relaxed. And you would probably hear the the exact same argument of an essential economic factor in their commercial viability. Should this be stopped?

Some ... unions would say yes .... but those are issues far removed from deciding whether some comment is bigotry or divinely inspired .....

Incorrect! Under our economic system just as the company decides who gets a job and who doesn't, the company decides what is bigotry and what is not.

Incorrect ... or more accurately misleading by ommission ...... a company cannot refuse to employ a person based on many discrimatory criteria such as age, sex, sexual preference, religion political allignment etc ... and they cannot sack a person based on the same criteria ......

Merely alluding to the fact that despite various safeguards of so-called democratic freedoms and the like, in practice they may not save you!

Looks like the whole Falou saga is going to be [ or now is also ] part of the culture wars syndrome and with primarily divisive and agenda driven society groups determined to try to influence the controversy to their particular way of thinking and viewpoint . Certainly is going to require some reasoned and impartial oversight then to reach a common sense minimal polarizing outcome .

I was hoping that Izzy was going to take it all the way - I for one was extremely interested in hearing about how his previously infallible, all knowing, omnipotent, one and only true Mormon God was supplanted by his infallible, all knowing, omnipotent, one and only true Assemblies of God God. Would have been a fascinating tale.
The Book of Moron (based on the Old Testament and conveniently re-jigged to justify multiple wives) and the backyard Assemblies of Twaddle.

Somehow it reminds me of another church, set up by a king to allow him to divorce his wife who couldn’t produce a male heir, so he could marry his mistress only to ultimately chop off her head.

The same church more recently preached (along with the other usual suspects) about the ‘dangers’ of same sex marriage.

Deluded hypocrites.

No NFL Team will offer him a contract = blacklisted.

His 'taking a knee' to protest Police brutality against minorities was successfully turned into an Anti America stance :mad:
Seems
Speaking of burning issues I'm seriously concerned about koala habitats. The recent bushfires have been devastating, not only for humans.
My message is:
Humans, stop chopping down trees and drinking and fornicating in koala habitats.
Do it elsewhere.
Actually on a serious note I am making available a section of bush area [ forested ] on my humble land holding to a local koala protection group to try and help their preservation . Hope that there can be more of it taking place . As for the drinking and fornicating in the same habitat , i am basically in the live and let live mindset and would really depend then on how much can a koala bear.

No NFL Team will offer him a contract = blacklisted.

His 'taking a knee' to protest Police brutality against minorities was successfully turned into an Anti America stance :mad:
At least Izzy should or does have the opportunity to ply his trade in French Rugby or other overseas locations . Certainly a high price to pay for this N F l player for expressing his opinion and with obviously much less or very limited sporting code options . Living in the land of the free in name only it would seem .

At least Izzy should or does have the opportunity to ply his trade in French Rugby or other overseas locations . Certainly a high price to pay for this N F l player for expressing his opinion and with obviously much less or very limited sporting code options . Living in the land of the free in name only it would seem .

Hope he emigrates there too!!

Actually on a serious note I am making available a section of bush area [ forested ] on my humble land holding to a local koala protection group to try and help their preservation . Hope that there can be more of it taking place . As for the drinking and fornicating in the same habitat , i am basically in the live and let live mindset and would really depend then on how much can a koala bear.

Champion! Well done.

Lol come on I'm not going to chase down any links at this time of day, I've just got home and there's about a half hour window to consider ST burning issues, just give me one reference, one quote! lol

Lol, the reason for that response is because I understood where you were coming from. Hard day at the office for me as well, felt like I was on a treadmill walking fast but not getting anywhere. I usually hop on silvertails to wind down and read interesting posts, but I was buggered yesterday.

In the judgement of Justice Bell (Big on human rights as was Justice Kirby before he retired) Australia signed the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) on 18 December 1972 and ratified it on 13 August 1980:

It has been accepted through ICCPR (this is just one article/section);

Article 19
1. Everyone shall have the right to hold opinions without interference.
2. Everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice.
3. The exercise of the rights provided for in paragraph 2 of this article carries with it special duties and responsibilities. It may therefore be subject to certain restrictions, but these shall only be such as are provided by law and are necessary:
(a) For respect of the rights or reputations of others;
(b) For the protection of national security or of public order (ordre public), or of public health or morals.

In short, rights are there, however, they are embedded and well hidden as they do not want a nation of people who know their rights and challenge the system appropriately, they much prefer good little obeying citizens that never challenge the system and pay their taxes.

Lol, the reason for that response is because I understood where you were coming from. Hard day at the office for me as well, felt like I was on a treadmill walking fast but not getting anywhere. I usually hop on silvertails to wind down and read interesting posts, but I was buggered yesterday.

In the judgement of Justice Bell (Big on human rights as was Justice Kirby before he retired) Australia signed the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) on 18 December 1972 and ratified it on 13 August 1980:

It has been accepted through ICCPR (this is just one article/section);

Article 19
1. Everyone shall have the right to hold opinions without interference.
2. Everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice.
3. The exercise of the rights provided for in paragraph 2 of this article carries with it special duties and responsibilities. It may therefore be subject to certain restrictions, but these shall only be such as are provided by law and are necessary:
(a) For respect of the rights or reputations of others;
(b) For the protection of national security or of public order (ordre public), or of public health or morals.

In short, rights are there, however, they are embedded and well hidden as they do not want a nation of people who know their rights and challenge the system appropriately, they much prefer good little obeying citizens that never challenge the system and pay their taxes.
Interesting and informative post. , Would you venture to have an opinion then how this could relate to the Falou matter in regard to R A upholding the [ or their ] affirmed ] terms and conditions of Izzy"s contract or conversely Izzzy "s claim of unfair dismissal

Interesting and informative post. , Would you venture to have an opinion then how this could relate to the Falou matter in regard to R A upholding the [ or their ] affirmed ] terms and conditions of Izzy"s contract or conversely Izzzy "s claim of unfair dismissal

Hi Manly al, my opinion on this issue has little to no relevance. We all have an opinion, and these topics are no different to politics and religion. They just create a great deal of controversy, and the arguments for and against have great merit. The arguments could go on for many years to come. I am deeply vested in law, however, Human Rights absorbs a great deal of my work so my views will always be bias (If you don't fight for your rights you don't have any).

Firstly, I was responding to a post that was wanting to be shown through legislation or common law where our rights are legislated (this really had nothing to do with Izzy's legal matter to start with).

But since you have asked my friend (although the post was not intended to assert any foundation in the Izzy case, rather an observation of our rights at law), It may have extensive and great relevance, particularly if the limbs of Article 19 are combined with Article 18

Article 18

1. Everyone shall have the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion. This right shall include freedom to have or to adopt a religion or belief of his choice, and freedom, either individually or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in worship, observance, practice and teaching.

2. No one shall be subject to coercion which would impair his freedom to have or to adopt a religion or belief of his choice.

3. Freedom to manifest one's religion or beliefs may be subject only to such limitations as are prescribed by law and are necessary to protect public safety, order, health, or morals or the fundamental rights and freedoms of others.

4. The States Parties to the present Covenant undertake to have respect for the liberty of parents and, when applicable, legal guardians to ensure the religious and moral education of their children in conformity with their own convictions.

No contract can be enforceable if it breaches the element of legality. Having terms or conditions that encroach an individual's rights, are sufficient grounds to render the agreement/contract unenforceable or invalid. If the invalid clause can be read down and the contract can remain on foot, then a court may allow for the existence of the contract (minus the offending terms and conditions). Should that not be achieved, the courts will generally terminate/rescind the contract as a whole.

Last edited:
Informative post urulion, thank you.

However even in that charter the limits are spelled out, to wit:
"subject only to such limitations as are prescribed by law and are necessary to protect public safety, order, health, or morals or the fundamental rights and freedoms of others."

That can cover an awful lot!

Many civil liberties are expressly overridden by operation of law, and the 'exceptions' grow year by year, as I'm sure you are well aware. Including by constant expansion of police powers of entry, covert surveillance, search and arrest (generally put forward as necessary to combat organised crime/terrorists/trade unionists, etc.). Even former 'fundamental rights' such as the right of an accused to silence have been eroded.

So yes I take your point, we have various 'democratic' rights and freedoms.
Yet I maintain my own point, which is that we have those rights only so long as we are allowed to have them, and many of them are already down the drain (!) Hence not 'inalienable', lol

Informative post urulion, thank you.

However even in that charter the limits are spelled out, to wit:
"subject only to such limitations as are prescribed by law and are necessary to protect public safety, order, health, or morals or the fundamental rights and freedoms of others."

That can cover an awful lot!

Many civil liberties are expressly overridden by operation of law, and the 'exceptions' grow year by year, as I'm sure you are well aware. Including by constant expansion of police powers of entry, covert surveillance, search and arrest (generally put forward as necessary to combat organised crime/terrorists/trade unionists, etc.). Even former 'fundamental rights' such as the right of an accused to silence have been eroded.

So yes I take your point, we have various 'democratic' rights and freedoms.
Yet I maintain my own point, which is that we have those rights only so long as we are allowed to have them, and many of them are already down the drain (!) Hence not 'inalienable', lol

Well yes, of course, there has to be some limitation otherwise those gems that hear voices and go out killing people would be doing so under their fundamental rights.

Agree that several rights are down the drain, that is because we have allowed it to get to this level. The system is no different to the NRL and Greenturd, until the masses don't stand up the circus will continue. We will continue to live in an illusion called freedom, however, when you are before the courts and you touch on these topics believe me it hits a nerve.

Surely RA needs a massive clean out, which they’ve partly had but not fully.

Ms Castle is doing a “ Turdburger “ ( as in thinking they are untouchable).

If the board has any balls she’ll be shown the door.

Who was it that was speculating on which teams would be trying to sign Izzy?

It appears we have a winner; Danny Weilder is reporting in the SMH that the donkeys are making enquires with the NRL about the possibility of signing him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4