The Folau Saga ... or Castle's Catastrophy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hey tookey,

I've been meaning to ask; How many of those things you listed in the DHALFT&A Association name(from post #14) do you have to comply with to qualify for admission?

Me- D(Yes but age has caused a major, major reduction ), H(No but I don't care what anyone else does in their sex life), A(Yes but in my defence, she told me she was single, turned out not to be the case), L(I try my best to keep it to an absolute minimum, e.g. no, you don't look fat in that), F(guilty as charged your Honour), T(No) & A(well I don't really divulge my beliefs but I'm probably more of an Ag than an Ath). So, can I join?:party::party::party:
Membership is not that difficult to obtain and you only have to qualify for one of the things of the list to be in

In fact 98% of the australia population over the age of 18 are in the association as they qualify on at least one criteria

We also arrange for members to repent their sins for the special yearly price of 10% of their gross income payable in cash in non traceable notes

Afterall the devil needs to expand hell to fit everyone in now

The cheque's in the mail. tookey!

Damn, I just re-qualified on the L thing again. @;)

Those other 2% you mentioned, well I don't think we want them in the association as they won't be any fun at all.

So (I'm only guessing, because you won't say what you think, you merely 'put it delicately') RA only sacked Folau because the major sponsor CEO is openly gay.
really? Bugger! (figuratively, not literally)
If only they had a hetero CEO!
What stand, if any, would you advocate against Folau's hate speech?
Just curious, I know it is a contentious issue!

Mate ... I have enough trouble putting words in my own mouth without your kind .. well intentioned ... assistance .... I did not say that the RA "only" sacked Falaubecause of Qantas .... but I did say that as the Wallabies major sponsor they would have been in Rae Rae's ear the whole way .... I am of that opinion because at the very outset, RA's was qouted as saying that sponsors had threatened to pull out of commercial deals ... an and even in her press converence yesterday Rae Rae openly said that this has always been a commercial decesion from the beginning and the the settlement was also a commercial decision ....

What stand would I take against Folau's hate speech? ......... Ser8 you are far too well educated and articulate for your emotive use of the term "hate speech" to have been incidental ...... By what parameters do you judge the posting of a meme to be classified as such ...surely not just a way to to gain some sort of moral high ground in the discussion ...... To answer your question , my response was to think firstly that the bloke was a brainwashed nutter .... then I felt outraged for all the drunks and atheists .... and then I thought this blokes Ministry is going to make millions and millions of dollars preaching to all the other delusional nutters around the world ..... watch this space .....

However my over-riding view is amusement ..... given that I really don't care about the issues, or more correctly I don't care if someone is gay or not ... yes I know that somehow makes me unempathetic .... but I tend to judge people by other criteria than who they to choose to love ........

My real interest would be piqued if it was the Bible on trial .... or parts of it .... now that really would be fun .....

Last edited:
Still seems a fairly significant point that this outcome was essentially an out of court settlement with no actual prevailing or contemporary legal ruling or interpretation applying . Also still does not seem in dispute that Izzy chose to not comply with the terms of his contractual conditions with R A which they had every right to then act on .. He certainly was not denied his freedom of expression , probably still does not accept that he also has to be accountable for such opinions and fortunately for him had access to some very large donated or maybe part personal funds to gain a protracted result where he has not been that disadvantaged at least in a financial sense .Of course plenty of the general public with genuine religious conviction who do not condone or agree with Izzy "s viewpoints but Izzy rightly or wrongly can or also is at complete liberty as things now are to just dismiss or ignore .Surely on balance however , freedom of expression also has to have some accountability or consequential provisions attached to it

My real interest would be piqued if it was the Bible on trial .... or parts of it .... now that really would be fun .....

Well they had the Cardinal on trial recently, so I guess you just never know what might be next :)

Well, they had one of the salesmen on trail, not the actual product he was selling.

Andrew Webster from the SMH puts it best

People can be bigots if they want. They can worship whomever they want. But if they are representing a company, or an organisation, or in Folau's case a professional sporting code, that bigotry has consequences.

Andrew Webster from the SMH puts it best

People can be bigots if they want. They can worship whomever they want. But if they are representing a company, or an organisation, or in Folau's case a professional sporting code, that bigotry has consequences.

100% agree .... but who decides what constitutes bigotry? ..... I am cetain that there are thousands, some even members of Silvertails .... that believe that Folau's actions were motivated by love and that his only crime was to attempt to save the souls of the sinful ......

You and Andrew Webster may well believe he was bigoted ... doesn't make you correct ... the Rev. Fred Nile might cheer him as a champion of light and a savour ...... and that equally doesn't make him correct ...

100% agree .... but who decides what constitutes bigotry? ..... I am cetain that there are thousands, some even members of Silvertails .... that believe that Folau's actions were motivated by love and that his only crime was to attempt to save the souls of the sinful ......

You and Andrew Webster may well believe he was bigoted ... doesn't make you correct ... the Rev. Fred Nile might cheer him as a champion of light and a savour ...... and that equally doesn't make him correct ...

It comes down to the business owner / person in charge of the system i.e. Castle for ARU

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4