The Folau Saga ... or Castle's Catastrophy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I forgot where I was going with this. SORRY.
Probably one of two places...
b3756781cdf58c3987ac857d5a7db7c2.jpg

Seriously? You think that is a win for "freedom of speech"?? Hmm, you've lost me there!

By the way, (and as everyone knows, because you all agreed to our Terms of Use) no-one can just say whatever they want here on Silvertails. Nor indeed in most civilised settings. Including in most workplaces, and many public places.

And you know all this very well! Surely you don't defend the 'right to free speech' of the buffoon who abused Archer?
I commend you to find the previous comments of Ian Roberts about the Folau post.

The fact is it was a win for freedom of speech as freedom of speech was vindicated with the lucrative pay out settlement .

In a democratic society any one that takes "freedom of speech" to court is bound for defeat regardless what their own terms and conditions are as it was proven against Rugby Australia

We have players back in the game who abused woman /men , doing drugs and far worse things than having their own religious view

ridiculous !!!

The fact is it was a win for freedom of speech as freedom of speech was vindicated with the lucrative pay out settlement .
You don't know 'how lucrative' it was. Noting what his cancelled contract would have been.
He's lost his job. And he's now virtually unemployable, certainly as a professional sportsperson in this country. I wouldn't call that victory!

You don't know 'how lucrative' it was. Noting what his cancelled contract would have been.
He's lost his job. And he's now virtually unemployable, certainly as a professional sportsperson in this country. I wouldn't call that victory!

The fact is it was a payout and it was a win for freedom of speech and a loss by the opressors of free speech

He lost his Job but The ARU also lost the court case and paid for it

In the news today they are also calling for the ARU board to resign

If players that assault woman , and did drugs and far worse things can play again then I can see why this freedom of speech guy will get to play again

Bozo,

RA didn't lose the Court case and Izzy didn't win it either, as they were in mediation, yes they were ordered by a Court to go to mediation but the settlement during mediation wasn't before a Judge, so no verdict was handed down; neither side of the dispute can really be to said to have won.

The fact that there's to be a payout, the size of which has been widely speculated about, probably indicates that RA weighted up to the pros of a small payout around about their legal fees, plus a bit of contract money in a quick and much need settlement, against the con of the full $14 million claim and Izzy has weighed up his chances of no payout at all, probably with costs, against a guaranteed reduced amount of what was claimed.

IMO neither side won or lost, there's been no ruling by a Court that an employer can terminate somebodies employment due to a breach of an employer's code of conduct; RA's case: or that a person has the right of free speech to use religious texts or beliefs as they see fit, with impunity to cause harm to others, either personally or to their business; Izzy's case.

If players that assault woman , and did drugs and far worse things can play again then I can see why this freedom of speech guy will get to play again
Maybe because they apologise and promise they won't do it again? (and because Greenberg looks them in the eye and likes their eye colour)(or their winking ability)?

The fact is it was a payout and it was a win for freedom of speech and a loss by the opressors of free speech
So if you were sacked and were given a year's salary but could never work again in your chosen field...would you consider that victory?
For the record, I agree with you that freedom of expression is fundamental to any notion of human freedom.
But we don't have that.
If you assert we do have that, kindly direct me to the Constitution/Bill of Rights/High Court authority that you rely on!!

The problem the ARU had was that their major sponsor Qantas ... how can I put his delicately without upseting anyone .... is a major employer of supporters of the Lgbhztxlt community ..... and would have been very vocal and proactive in their outrage .... and would have been ... in my opinion .... in Rae Rae's ear the whole way .....
So (I'm only guessing, because you won't say what you think, you merely 'put it delicately') RA only sacked Folau because the major sponsor CEO is openly gay.
really? Bugger! (figuratively, not literally)
If only they had a hetero CEO!
What stand, if any, would you advocate against Folau's hate speech?
Just curious, I know it is a contentious issue!

President of the Drunken Homosexual Adulterers, Liars, Fornicators, Thieves and atheists association

Hey tookey,

I've been meaning to ask; How many of those things you listed in the DHALFT&A Association name(from post #14) do you have to comply with to qualify for admission?

Me- D(Yes but age has caused a major, major reduction ), H(No but I don't care what anyone else does in their sex life), A(Yes but in my defence, she told me she was single, turned out not to be the case), L(I try my best to keep it to an absolute minimum, e.g. no, you don't look fat in that), F(guilty as charged your Honour), T(No) & A(well I don't really divulge my beliefs but I'm probably more of an Ag than an Ath). So, can I join?:party::party::party:

Hey tookey,

I've been meaning to ask; How many of those things you listed in the DHALFT&A Association name(from post #14) do you have to comply with to qualify for admission?

Me- D(Yes but age has caused a major, major reduction ), H(No but I don't care what anyone else does in their sex life), A(Yes but in my defence, she told me she was single, turned out not to be the case), L(I try my best to keep it to an absolute minimum, e.g. no, you don't look fat in that), F(guilty as charged your Honour), T(No) & A(well I don't really divulge my beliefs but I'm probably more of an Ag than an Ath). So, can I join?:party::party::party:
@tookey qualified for all except fornicators

Bozo talking rubbish again.

Somehow freedom of speech has been mangled into the notion of freedom of consequences when you do speak. One’s rights to freedom of speech do not absolve you of the consequences for when you do (especially when you sign a contract saying you won’t use social media the way Folau did)

It was handled terribly by all, but Folau is not a winner in any sense

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4