The DES-urrection of Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Please... des has introduced through injury guys that we were calling for last year - and look at the results!

Harper, Guac, Schuster, Keppie, Tof, Saab - ALL called in as LAST RESORTS by Des and doesn't the team look better for it...

Talk about being struck on the ar*e by a rainbow... I am betting that Des will f*ck it up still by bringing Sirro and Walker back in and dumping Guac and Harper...
Yes... that bloody Hasler - he has no idea! He is one useless coach if ever I have seen one. His credentials are fraudulent as well - he never ever made all those semi's year after year or that Grand Final. Fake Resumes can make lots of fake claims that is for sure!

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Yes... that bloody Hasler - he has no idea! He is one useless coach if ever I have seen one. His credentials are fraudulent as well - he never ever made all those semi's year after year or that Grand Final. Fake Resumes can make lots of fake claims that is for sure!
Have a look at the last 12 games last year and tell me how great he was... where were the hard calls?

Absolute last resort to get to the side we have on the park and mark my words... don't get comfortable with the blokes that are winning...

Have a look at the last 12 games last year and tell me how great he was... where were the hard calls?

Absolute last resort to get to the side we have on the park and mark my words... don't get comfortable with the blokes that are winning...
yes yes mate.... he has no idea. Sorry not trying to be smart.... but I will listen and accept Des view all day every day above anyone on here that is for sure. Just me.... while I think I know it all... I accept that in reality I don't and that Des knows much much more than I do.

Red Pill

Enthusiastic Amateur

It’s always safer to remain pessimistic I guess. You kind of hedge your bets. If the team goes well it’s all good if they go bad you can always say that you were right.
Very pragmatic in a depressing way

frank stokes

yes yes mate.... he has no idea. Sorry not trying to be smart.... but I will listen and accept Des view all day every day above anyone on here that is for sure. Just me.... while I think I know it all... I accept that in reality I don't and that Des knows much much more than I do.
All good give him the respect you reckon his record affords him... he has a good record no doubt...

but even you KNOW that he didn't CHOOSE this side... he was left with it - and it has more desire and passion then we saw in the last 12 rounds of 2020 or the first 4 of 2021...

frank stokes

It’s always safer to remain pessimistic I guess. You kind of hedge your bets. If the team goes well it’s all good if they go bad you can always say that you were right.
I am just saying Des was dragged kicking and screaming to making hard decisions... but tbh in the end I dont give a flying f*ck how we got here as long as we are winning...

All good give him the respect you reckon his record affords him... he has a good record no doubt...

but even you KNOW that he didn't CHOOSE this side... he was left with it - and it has more desire and passion then we saw in the last 12 rounds of 2020 or the first 4 of 2021...
yes yes mate - just luck... that Hasler just always has that bloody luck where injuries get in the way and make his side to play better. Happens year in and year out! Luck of the Irish that useless flog of a coach.

frank stokes

yes yes mate - just luck... that Hasler just always has that bloody luck where injuries get in the way and make his side to play better. Happens year in and year out! Luck of the Irish that useless flog of a coach.
Let's see what happens when walker, suli and sirro are fit... then we can debate some more...

agreed.... I would always rather be positive and look on the bright side and I will always have the view that Des knows more than any of us on here that is for sure.

frank stokes

and if they don't - I wont agree with that unless there is an injury or poor form... but again while I played the game for 36 years and then played Masters and I have coached as well... I clearly know Des has a far far better grasp of things than I do.
Not saying Dez doesn't know his sh*t but I AM saying that his loyalty cost us opportunity at semis last year and that he was not keen to sack players that clearly were not performing...

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It's great that Des is selecting a team now, that many of us felt was our best seventeen back in preseason. It's even better that this team has combined so well, and put us into final's contention. Let's hope that this team stays as is, and Des resists the urge to make any radical changes to a winning formula. That would be the sign of a good coach, who has learned from his mistakes last year, and earlier this season. Go Manly.

The only player with a chance of coming back into the team barring injury, is Curtis Sironen. Sipley and Harper are safe. I’d imagine Guac will end up coming off the bench.
Not saying I want to see that happen but I think Des will ease Guac into a regular starting position over the next 12-18 months.
If Sipley is safe and Olakau-atu off the bench who misses out for Siro? It'd have to be Keppie?

Kevinward777

First Grader
It's great that Des is selecting a team now, that many of us felt was our best seventeen back in preseason. It's even better than this team has combined so well and put us into the final's contention. Let's hope that this team stays as is, and Des resists the urge to make any radical changes to a winning formula. That would be the sign of a good coach who has learned from his mistakes last year and earlier this season. Go, Manly.
Having our million-dollar fullback in the side may have helped a tad. @Snake posted why Haumole wasn't selected in round one, and he also implied that he likely would have been thereabouts come round 2 - then he got injured.

So, the coach has nothing to do with the turnaround in form? What about in 2019 - did he have any input that season?

You're right, though - he is a loyal man. Perhaps Des should have jumped up and down during that first four rounds. Just started sacking blokes from the side left, right and centre. It's worked a treat for Madge.

Thankfully, Josh and Haumole enjoy Dessie's coaching.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18