The DES-urrection of Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I said id give des 4 games back with turbo before i make a full judgement on him and if we keep him or not. Well after 2 games we can see a great game plan. Sure turbo is the man and lifts them all BUT des has made some good coaching calls last 2 weeks. Putting big keppie on fifita was a great coaching move. Changing up this week and giving dce more ball and mixing it up with Foran turbo and shu... very hard to shut down with 3 ball players and turbo out the back. Making Garrick looks like a weapon out there :) dce also kicked alot more this game whereas last week Foran kicked most of the time. Good to see we can mix it up and keep going strong.. bring on the Panthers! Keppie on kikau could be on the cards? In des we trust

Shouldn't we be asking why Sippers, Harpo, Shoe and Guaca weren't picked at the start of the season? It's not like many on us here weren't advocating for them to be in the team.
Why was the coaching staff so misguided with their selections from round one? It has only been injuries forcing the changes on the coaches.

Our form has improved off the back of our front men and having very talented players like Tom to fully exploit this advantage.
If our our forwards weren’t firing the few changes in the team that have occurred would not make a huge difference. Armchair coaching is best directed at fantasy league IMO.

Shouldn't we be asking why Sippers, Harpo, Shoe and Guaca weren't picked at the start of the season? It's not like many on us here weren't advocating for them to be in the team.
Why was the coaching staff so misguided with their selections from round one? It has only been injuries forcing the changes on the coaches.
im more worried that he will put them back in the side when fit and relegate shuster, or quac, or sipley? Surely not.

im more worried that he will put them back in the side when fit and relegate shuster, or quac, or sipley? Surely not.
The only player with a chance of coming back into the team barring injury, is Curtis Sironen. Sipley and Harper are safe. I’d imagine Guac will end up coming off the bench.
Not saying I want to see that happen but I think Des will ease Guac into a regular starting position over the next 12-18 months.

He’s back
Turbos back
We’re back
Go Manly!!!
Yes just wondering where all those deathriders are now - the ones who knew it all and that this was the worst period in Manly history. Just where are they now? Gee they seem to have gone quiet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on you computer geniuses with your crazy conspiracy theories and Des is past it and has no idea claims - they have mostly vanished. I am not saying we are back - not saying we still don't need some changes - not saying Des didn't make mistakes but the future was always bright. Des has not lost it and those who were hoping that we lost games just to prove their points and those wallowing in gloom and doom hopefully are now following Trent at the dogs!

Yes just wondering where all those deathriders are now - the ones who knew it all and that this was the worst period in Manly history. Just where are they now? Gee they seem to have gone quiet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on you computer geniuses with your crazy conspiracy theories and Des is past it and has no idea claims - they have mostly vanished. I am not saying we are back - not saying we still don't need some changes - not saying Des didn't make mistakes but the future was always bright. Des has not lost it and those who were hoping that we lost games just to prove their points and those wallowing in gloom and doom hopefully are now following Trent at the dogs!
I disagree.
The team we have now closely resembles the YARTS many of us posted for game one this season. We saw the potential in Harpo, Sippers, The Shoe and Guacca, not the coaching staff.
Just blind bad luck has turned our season around because the coaches were forced to select the above four to replace the injured players they mistakenly believed were first graders.

Injuries forced Des to start picking form players and we got Turbo back. That's what happened.

I disagree.
The team we have now closely resembles the YARTS many of us posted for game one this season. We saw the potential in Harpo, Sippers, The Shoe and Guacca, not the coaching staff.
Just blind bad luck has turned our season around because the coaches were forced to select the above four to replace the injured players they mistakenly believed were first graders.
yes yes - that coaching team is hopeless. They have no idea at all - stupid morons they all are. Have you put your Coaching resume together yet? Maybe you and a few other "experts" on here could put together a dream team coaching team and get a gig at Manly or somewhere else?

Really? How many selected Garrick Parker or Croker? I think if you check back to those earlier posts you'll find 'many of us' knew those players were never going to cut it in first grade!
oh yes I had them both out - I put my hand up... still think we can get better than Croker but he is playing well and Garrick is playing great. Unlike the deathriders and the negative nellies. I was always positive that we would turn the corner. We still have a long way to go but our future is bright but one week at a time. Lets see how we go against Penrith that will tell us a lot. But I was wrong about both players.... that word wrrrrrrong... something that many of the deathriders on here just can't say.

Please... des has introduced through injury guys that we were calling for last year - and look at the results!

Harper, Guac, Schuster, Keppie, Tof, Saab - ALL called in as LAST RESORTS by Des and doesn't the team look better for it...

Talk about being struck on the ar*e by a rainbow... I am betting that Des will f*ck it up still by bringing Suli, Sirro and Walker back in and dumping Guac, Saab and Harper...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8