The DES-urrection of Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Kevinward777

First Grader
Haha not so sure about that, but if they advertise for a Devil's Advocate I might apply ;)
I'll put my hand up to be your number two - a fill-in for those days when you are displaying flu-like symptoms and are required to go for a good old throat scrape.

Edit - the above post is not intended as a jab that minimises the devestating impact of Covid. I have been tested twice now, and was fortunate to return a negative result on both occasions.

Last edited:

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Your entire premise is flawed... namely, "based on the availability of one player". As if that was the only point of difference in those games. Didn't take account of other players in or out of our teams, didn't take account of the opposition, didn't take account of any of the untold factors that can affect an NRL sides performance week to week. Such as mid-season rule changes. Say, why didn't you include 2019, the roster was pretty similar then too?

Of course Tommy makes a massive difference. And of course you are entitled to think Des can't coach any more, quite a few here have suggested that's the case.
I haven't seen any evidence of that myself. And I'm definitely not swayed by your flawed syllogism!

In fact, I don't believe Dessie can't coach any more ... I think he is a very good coach ... but whether you chooce to accept, or ignore the fact that over the past 27 games we have only won 16% of games without Tommy doesn't change this alarming reality ... despite the use of ism's ...

And ism's don't change the fact that Dessie has been the coach for those 84% of losses without him ... so ... the question remains relevant ...

(Q) Why is it so ... why despite the unquestioned talents of Dessie ... did 16 other good 1st graders play like boneless chickens for 1 win in 15 games ?? ... and then, suddenly become stars again in the space of one week ?

In the immortal words of 2V ... There needs to be an investigation ...

**** Except for those that wish to debate it didn't really happen and everything was just fine and dandy .. and that we were just unlucky for 14 games .

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
(Q) Why is it so ... why despite the unquestioned talents of Dessie ... did 16 other good 1st graders play like boneless chickens for 1 win in 15 games ?? ... and then, suddenly become stars again in the space of one week ?

In the immortal words of 2V ... There needs to be an investigation ...
Indeed. And you may be the perfect man for the job!

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Indeed. And you may be the perfect man for the job!

Yeah, Nah ...

And just to be inclusive ... I will add the figures for 2019 as you suggested ..

11 of 13 wins with Tommy ... 84%
4 of 12 wins without Tommy ... 33%

2019/20/21 combined ...wins with tommy ..18 of 22 .. 82% ..wins without Tom 7 of 30 ... 23%

This has to change .

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Loved Des's spray at half time today and, to a lesser extent, at full time.
Haven't seen Des as animated since 'the door' incident in 2010. Where was this when we really needed it earlier in the season?

Based on effort, didn't think they deserved it today as much as certain other previous games.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Yeah, Nah ...

And just to be inclusive ... I will add the figures for 2019 as you suggested ..

11 of 13 wins with Tommy ... 84%
4 of 12 wins without Tommy ... 33%

2019/20/21 combined ...wins with tommy ..18 of 22 .. 82% ..wins without Tom 7 of 30 ... 23%

This has to change .
Trent lost again I see. What do you think of his overall performance as a coach Woodrow?

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Des' spray indicates an attitude change that we should be happy to see. He's not satisfied with losing no matter to who it is. He knows we could've won it today. He knows this team is capable of matching it at the top. This spray will stick with these guys. They now know close enough isn't good enough. We need to string together 4 or 5 good wins now.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Des' spray indicates an attitude change that we should be happy to see. He's not satisfied with losing no matter to who it is. He knows we could've won it today. He knows this team is capable of matching it at the top. This spray will stick with these guys. They now know close enough isn't good enough. We need to string together 4 or 5 good wins now.
NZ
Bris
Eels
Knights
Bye
Cows
Titties

This is it! Des believes we can win every game and not just happy with a decent effort. This is the old Des and I reckon its a huge reason why we have turned our form around.... along with the return of Turbo of course! Panthers were full strength today and we were so close. Even though it's a loss, we will get plenty out of this game.
I just had a look at our draw and we only play 3 top 4 teams to finish the season. We've had a tough start to the season but I believe this has us battle hardened go on a decent run over the next couple months.

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
This is it! Des believes we can win every game and not just happy with a decent effort. This is the old Des and I reckon its a huge reason why we have turned our form around.... along with the return of Turbo of course! Panthers were full strength today and we were so close. Even though it's a loss, we will get plenty out of this game.
I just had a look at our draw and we only play 3 top 4 teams to finish the season. We've had a tough start to the season but I believe this has us battle hardened go on a decent run over the next couple months.
The rebound will be telling. If we come straight back with a couple of wins then we have really turned the corner. If we back it up with another loss then I won’t be confident of a finals run.

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18
15 7 7 28 17