The Dead Wood needs to go!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I with you on this one, I often wonder if there’s a bit of a personality clash with the boss, as I don’t think Sips is given a fair go, pretty sure he needs regular mins to reach decent match fitness, which he doesn’t get.
Sipley just doesn't have a big motor. Some players do, others don't.

Played well last year and I’d still like to see him given match time to improve his fitness, think it would pay off, I don’t think Des has helped his game, it was disappointing to see what happened last year coming into the finals after the role he played in helping us get there, thought he was one of our best up front and a little unlucky to miss out.

AND...... he just does not bend the line one iota AND...... he doesn't do a million tackles... AND...... he goes to sleep in the defensive line especially on his inside responsibilities. He is a trier and that is about it.Keppie is the same except Keppie is a great one on one defender BUT has way more errors, also doesn't bend the line one iota, makes really really dumb bone headed choices, and also falls asleep on his inside responsibilities.

5 Parra forwards all did well over 100m runs each. We had 1 which was Marty. Our entire pack is a bunch of lazy plodders who can't make any meters and no post contact meters or offloads. That is why we will finish in the bottom 4 this year.

5 Parra forwards all did well over 100m runs each. We had 1 which was Marty. Our entire pack is a bunch of lazy plodders who can't make any meters and no post contact meters or offloads. That is why we will finish in the bottom 4 this year.
i think we have put the offload away mostly to improve our errors and completion rates hoping that stat would be the magic bullet in the grind. we have so many other errors in our game i think its probably the easiest to control but offloads are pretty handy in screwing with defensive lines and play the balls when teams are scrambling

the only reason oku isnt getting 150m a week is because of poor service. he is a beast and his energy is being used as a plodder when he is way better in everything he does. as the ball generally shifts through croker, jake and cherry before he gets the ball at best, the defence is in his face.

he rarely gets the ball after a quick shift to trouble back peddling defence as he seems low on the priority list when space is available

Tik Tok Turbosef.

Kosef certainly drained a fair wack of salary cap for little return.
Really?

For sure there were knee injuries at the back end of his career but I would say there was plenty of value during our most successful years

If you look at a few of the tries.. I think you will find DCE misreading the play which forces Koula and Tippy in.
ohhh again totally agree - DCE is a constant drama on that side. He seems indecisive and has cost us the last 6 weeks last year - certainly the semi against Souths and he was a big part of Harper's woes against Cronulla and keeps being a huge issue on that side of the defence.

Tik Tok Turbosef.

Kosef certainly drained a fair wack of salary cap for little return.
Oh wow - Kosef was absolutely a wonderful Eagle. The knees caused drama but if he could have stayed injury free I certainly believe he would have been one of the very best Eagles of all time. He was Glenn Stewart on steroids. GS was an amazing Eagle and multi talented. Kosef was Stewart plus. What a player!

Oh wow - Kosef was absolutely a wonderful Eagle. The knees caused drama but if he could have stayed injury free I certainly believe he would have been one of the very best Eagles of all time. He was Glenn Stewart on steroids. GS was an amazing Eagle and multi talented. Kosef was Stewart plus. What a player!
Amazing backrow that was - all had complimentary skills. Agree Kosef could have been one of the greats.

Look I been off for a few days pissed by ref's and Tommy again.
Simply if finals gets out of reach Des needs to develop Josh at 6 tbh and leave both Tuipolotu and koula in team.
James Sergyaro would like to given time and Alec big prop from nsw cup also.

Really?

For sure there were knee injuries at the back end of his career but I would say there was plenty of value during our most successful years
Yes really. And yes, he couldn’t help it that he was injured for large chunks of his career.

He had that solid five year period, 1995-99, bookended by about 13 games in 1992-94 (when he was suffering through knee reconstructions) and 28 for the Earthen Nogles, 18 of those in 2002.* I think he was with the club as early as 1990-91, so they showed a lot of patience with him.

*His last year was very solid and I was sad to see him go, he would have been handy to have around in 2003. However he was seemingly only ever a misstep away from another serious injury at that point in his career.

Last edited:
11 Schuster
12 Olakau'atu
13 J Trbojevic

(Well you never know!)

11 & 13 there would get run down by George the Animal Steele in a leg race. Way, WAY too overweight / slow for 2022 backrowers (forwards). You need SOME mobility. Check out my Schuster video in his thread from just 2 years ago. Whatever Donny has done, it's not positive.

1653266896741.png

Check out my Schuster video in his thread from just 2 years ago. Whatever Donny has done, it's not positive.

Must be in some other thread?
But a bit of a stretch to assume Donny is responsible, we know Schu has had a lot of leg injuries that make it hard to run, and that he's naturally a big build and not necessarily a fitness fanatic. I'm hardly besotted with Donny but I don't blame him for Schu being a bit big and slow right now.

11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Manzies
13. Glenn Stewart
yes mate that is good as well. Very good. Menzies v Menzies is a wash obviously. I think Kosef was a little more talented than Stewart with the ball and Gartner and Watmough while different players are similar in their abilities. Gartner probably more that ranging attacking player with great speed - Watmough really hard edged in the ruck so maybe a wash there as well?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2