The Dead Wood needs to go!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Have stuck up for Marty over bad patches, loose Carrie's, ridiculous offload turnovers and more, but what really concerns me about Marty, he looks disinterested.
He used to play with passion and pride, but if he was a new player we hadn't seen or heard of before, you would say he was a benchwarmer at NSW cup level such is his extraordinary demise.
Much prefer a fresh hungry player for the big bucks he is on.
Harper is a backup standard but apart from THAT game he has a go, but average at best
Keppie plays with determination though agree can lose control, but still reckon he has something to offer and as a youngster, will curb his brain snaps and has all the makings of a tough forward who fans appreciate and team mates are glad he is with them, not against them.

Obviously we were caned in the penalties and six again and had some dubious decisions against us, but our poor discipline and unbelievably poor team selections by Des (before and during the game) are a real concern.
Hate to say this but I think Des has reached his used by date - last night why not take the 2 points before H/T , why didn’t he plays Schuster when Moses got sin binned, why did bring on mistake ridden Keppie at crucial time and he fkd up again, why didn’t he bring Sipley back instead after a good first stint, why pick Harper when we know he is cooked, why even have Marty in the squad when his head is elsewhere, etc etc
Also Des’s performance at after game press conferences have fallen to a new low - totally unprofessional, totally void of any idea what he is talking about , stuttering and mumbling , and inspiring no confidence at all.
He doesn’t play on the park and make the stupid mistakes, but to me he is the one controlling this squad and obviously it is not working, so I classify him as the first deadwood that needs to go !
Let’s get Toovey back and install some passion , discipline, commitment and a game plan.
But nothing will change and another wasted year !!!!!

I know I thought the same.

Down know but the nrl will never ever again I say never ever admit it but our ref rort last night came into play.. they new they stuffed up.

Anyway glad to have both playing next weekend.
yes but still our guys were just plain dumb in both instances. Haumole especially - it just looked bad... even if it wasn't a penalty - the look was of a crusher. Keppie wasn't helped by I think Jake over the top but again in this day and age... silly to be lifting although if you are hitting low in defence in can happen without you meaning to.

Yeah Marty’s play the ball speed was painfully slow.
Did you hear the convo with the Fox commentators saying that Marty had been battling the effects of covid, and it's only been the last week that he's been feeling a lot better....mmm ?

Obviously we were caned in the penalties and six again and had some dubious decisions against us, but our poor discipline and unbelievably poor team selections by Des (before and during the game) are a real concern.
Hate to say this but I think Des has reached his used by date - last night why not take the 2 points before H/T , why didn’t he plays Schuster when Moses got sin binned, why did bring on mistake ridden Keppie at crucial time and he fkd up again, why didn’t he bring Sipley back instead after a good first stint, why pick Harper when we know he is cooked, why even have Marty in the squad when his head is elsewhere, etc etc
Also Des’s performance at after game press conferences have fallen to a new low - totally unprofessional, totally void of any idea what he is talking about , stuttering and mumbling , and inspiring no confidence at all.
He doesn’t play on the park and make the stupid mistakes, but to me he is the one controlling this squad and obviously it is not working, so I classify him as the first deadwood that needs to go !
Let’s get Toovey back and install some passion , discipline, commitment and a game plan.
But nothing will change and another wasted year !!!!!
Agree with all points made, bit harsh on Harper though, thought he had a real dig, tackled well and linked up well with Tommy. What was the 6 again count, they never publish it or be known, the grubby NRL high command like to keep this a top secret no doubt.

I

I think sipley has the potential to be an out and out starter every week. If he can put in the quality minutes. Played well last night. Should of had another stint. Whether it's because of his fitness levels or not I dunno
I with you on this one, I often wonder if there’s a bit of a personality clash with the boss, as I don’t think Sips is given a fair go, pretty sure he needs regular mins to reach decent match fitness, which he doesn’t get.

Have stuck up for Marty over bad patches, loose Carrie's, ridiculous offload turnovers and more, but what really concerns me about Marty, he looks disinterested.
He used to play with passion and pride, but if he was a new player we hadn't seen or heard of before, you would say he was a benchwarmer at NSW cup level such is his extraordinary demise.
Much prefer a fresh hungry player for the big bucks he is on.
Harper is a backup standard but apart from THAT game he has a go, but average at best
Keppie plays with determination though agree can lose control, but still reckon he has something to offer and as a youngster, will curb his brain snaps and has all the makings of a tough forward who fans appreciate and team mates are glad he is with them, not against them.
Thought Marty turned the corner in the Tigpies game, guess that was just an illusion. What's your thoughts on Davey he's all heart but I really felt sorry for him carting it up, his body frame just says, ok I'm all yours and easy to smash...

Thought Marty turned the corner in the Tigpies game, guess that was just an illusion. What's your thoughts on Davey he's all heart but I really felt sorry for him carting it up, his body frame just says, ok I'm all yours and easy to smash...
Agree Played ok the Tigers game, but his intensity is lucky to be 50% of what you expect from a bloke who used to have the opposition scared before kickoff a few years ago.
Also on Massive coin where we are paying big to eat at an Elite steak house and he is delivering a McDonalds cheeseburger.
Much prefer a young enthusiastic forward with raw power and aggression for that price tag.

We had one of those last night and it could rationally be argued he cost us the game. Marty didn't.
What young player on Marty's salary cost us the game ?
Just to refresh you, it was not really lost by any Manly player - it was decided by the officials

In the Fox coverage they said Marty has had a hard road back with his recovery from Covid including almost requiring hospitalisation. Should he be playing? Many a great story in sport of players pushing through when not fully fit, Langlands springs to mind.
This became evident during the week in Marty's media interview in another thread (probably pre-game one) and commented on in the "Marty" thread.

His form prior to Covid is another story, but since Covid he quite possibly shouldn't have played. Certainly his poor form suggests that Covid hasn't helped.

I still think without a contract for 2023, it would be in his best interests to play well to get one and maybe that's why (as you comment) he's pushing through when not fully fit.

That's disrespectful. He's a trier, and you need these in every team.
I recall Parker being branded with the "plugger/plodder" moniker but it's only when he's missing have we come to value his true worth.
Sorry just think he is just a plugger. Then again I think that about Boyle. But I also think Sipley and Keppie are not much above pluggers. KDL probably offers more workrate in defence than either - Sipley is a better attacker... Keppie a far better one on one defender but those two to me are expendable as is Marty and I have been a huge Marty fan over the years.

Ok... sorry I will be the dill and ask... with Paseka out..... just who replaces Keppie and Marty? Bullemor maybe but he offers not much... Sipley offers nothing... the cupboard is bare my friend! Bullemore is no upgrade let me tell you... at best a wash

And you call me negative. As I said, look in the mirror.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8