• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
My thinking is that many of our star players were rushed back from injuries last year, with insufficient rehab. DCE was a prime example. He was playing injured for most of the year and in my opinion damaged his reputation by playing. Same goes for Lyon, Foran and Mateo. Plus the criticism these guys copped was terrible from our own fans. You can simply not risk players on huge $$$ to come back early. Take such decisions out of the players hands. It was a huge failing in my humble opinion.

He looked like he has lost a fair bit of weight. Muscle. he's slimmed down.

He's too important to rush back. We could do way worse then starting the year without him. He has get completely over this shoulder.

Hmmm...****, that IS a serious question that certainly needs attention / thought. Jeez, we are farked if that happens !!

I thought that young bloke Heinz (was it) that played NYC was very DCE like in the way he played. I also thought while Travers was small, he was like a little terrier, and funnily, I thought he played quite a similar game to that name sake Terry Lamb.

Then we have Isaac John who can play in the halves.

5/8 we are sweet for, because we have so many options (Koroisou, Meteo, Symonds, Brown, Stewart, Trbojevic, Lyon etc etc etc).

A forgotten name in all this, and a player who I think is a damned good halfback not too dissimilar to the way Benji Marshall plays (without the flambouyance) is Manaia Rudolph. Kid is the goods, and was a main reason reggies made it to the finals last season....I recall Vave giving the kid huge wraps and saying he should be our 1st choice half @ 5/8 this year.

I have been banging on about this kids talent since he came to Manly and finally someone shares the same opinion! :party:

Its funny that you mention the similarity with Benji too because his Keebra Park Scholarship Coach, Greg Lenton, touted Rudolph as the next Benji Marshall!
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/5005419/Welcome-to-Kiwi-Park-High-on-the-Gold-Coast
Whats also funny is that Manly actually signed Rudolph as a 5/8 but played him in Halfback and he had never played HB before coming to Manly!

And yes I agree with you that Rudolph was a main reason why the reggies made it into the finals too! As soon as Willow stopped d#%king around with his favourites and finally let Rudolph settle with his halves partner that he trained with all preseason, the team also finally settled and found cohesion and confidence, resulting in their winning streak that vaulted them into the finals! Its just a shame Willow didn't give him the recognition he deserved.

Its just a shame that for a player who made Luke Keary look very average indeed and then break his leg in the last minute of the game..... the kid has never really been given a decent opportunity at the Tigers or at Manly, and I think this lack of opportunity resulted in Manly not resigning him.

If disaster did strike and we lost DCE for a big chunk of the season to injury, who would step in and be the halfback? Realistically the best bet would probably be Moltzen.

Its almost enough to turn a man to prayer :angel:
Dear Lord, please keep DCE and every Manly player healthy and in form. And while you're at it, can you give Parra-doesn't-matta a few more wooden spoons, and maybe throw one or two Brisbane's way. Amen.

If disaster did strike and we lost DCE for a big chunk of the season to injury, who would step in and be the halfback? Realistically the best bet would probably be Moltzen.

Its almost enough to turn a man to prayer :angel:
Dear Lord, please keep DCE and every Manly player healthy and in form. And while you're at it, can you give Parra-doesn't-matta a few more wooden spoons, and maybe throw one or two Brisbane's way. Amen.
if there was a god i'm pretty sure he would be a manly fan, how else can you ascertain why so many people hate him?

My thinking is that many of our star players were rushed back from injuries last year, with insufficient rehab. DCE was a prime example. He was playing injured for most of the year and in my opinion damaged his reputation by playing. Same goes for Lyon, Foran and Mateo. Plus the criticism these guys copped was terrible from our own fans. You can simply not risk players on huge $$$ to come back early. Take such decisions out of the players hands. It was a huge failing in my humble opinion.
I agree that the guys came back before full recovery
Fact is For an decided to play a test match when injured instead of recovering and was out for weeks. I think that sort of indicated that he was playing for him rather than the team in my eyes.

I agree that the guys came back before full recovery
Fact is For an decided to play a test match when injured instead of recovering and was out for weeks. I think that sort of indicated that he was playing for him rather than the team in my eyes.
Whilst that is true, our club doctors should have insisted he was ruled out. It happens with other clubs, cue Desmond

Whilst that is true, our club doctors should have insisted he was ruled out. It happens with other clubs, cue Desmond
Not Doesn'tmatta, who say BoChoc and others were playing virtually the whole season injured because they had so much pride in the yellow and blue jersey. And it showed. It's a strange excuse for failure. But it's the logic of the coaching genius players "love to follow".

Not Doesn'tmatta, who say BoChoc and others were playing virtually the whole season injured because they had so much pride in the yellow and blue jersey. And it showed. It's a strange excuse for failure. But it's the logic of the coaching genius players "love to follow".
Seriously mate-I don't even bother bagging Parra.....I was just watching another riveting Foran interview, and he is the cliché KING, as he was here. We just accepted his mediocre responses because he w(h)ore(d) our colours. Lol @ Parra

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8