• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
And what happened to the coke charges? Did the NRL make them go away when they stepped in to run the club which was bankrupt but making huge offers to players..?

@Dan, just reading through the Mavin/DBK/etc feature expose article, good read ! So, of course we know u can merge threads, BUT CAN U MERGE USERNAMES?
Seems warranted. I postulate that Mavin etc is a disgruntled ex NEWSCORP 'journalist'.

‘Brandy’ Alexander has a tough Cherry on top
  • JON GEDDES
  • MANLY DAILY
  • JULY 14, 2015 3:14PM

FORMER Kangaroo and premiership winning halfback Greg “Brandy” Alexander has praised the mental toughness of Sea Eagles star Daly Cherry-Evans following his impressive performance in a hostile Gold Coast pressure cooker on Monday night.

The heat was always going to be on Cherry-Evans when the Sea Eagles played at CBUS Stadium in what was his much-anticipated return to the Gold Coast after he back flipped on his decision to join the Titans.

But far from being cooked, Cherry-Evans seemed to thrive in the cauldron, not only by playing a decisive role in the 38-6 win but also in the way he handled interviews with Fox Sports.

“I wasn’t surprised how he handled it,” said Alexander, who was one of the Fox commentators at the game.

story-fngr8iii-1227441525812

525758-94ed761e-29e7-11e5-9e41-70fbd812ceac.jpg

Daly Cherry-Evans handling the Gold Coast cauldron on Monday. Picture: David Clark

“He has been the focus of the build-up for a few games this year, either when it was announced he was leaving Manly or whether he was staying at Manly and even through the State of Origin there was pressure on him.

“And every time he’s had the spotlight on him in an upcoming club game he has played brilliantly, so he is a tough character.

“He loves his footy and it doesn’t affect him and he is able to come out and make a statement on the field.”

Alexander said that Cherry-Evans was the big story for the first half of the season but he has still had a very good season for his club.

“Because he didn’t fire in Origin Two that put more pressure on him but his day in Origin will come, it’s a tough side to fit into,” Alexander said.

Cherry-Evans’ effort on Monday again vindicated the Sea Eagles’ successful coup in luring him back to Narrabeen.

“They had to, they couldn’t go into next season losing both their halves,” Alexander said.

“They had to keep one of them and they did a great job securing Daly for the rest of his career.”

And what happened to the coke charges? Did the NRL make them go away when they stepped in to run the club which was bankrupt but making huge offers to players..?
and judging by Monday nights crowd they're not going to be financially independent anytime soon. I wonder how long the NRL are prepared to prop them up for? :flogger:

The Titans are not even a real club and are not even worth wasting energy reading about them. They are just a made up entity propped up by the NRL to combat AFL and to keep the TV rights agreement intact.

The dogs and eels are our real enemies.

I have a feeling he is going to have a blinder behind our powerhouse forward pack. Think of it like this:-

08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Api Koroisou *
10. Nate Myles
11. Feleti Meteo *
12. Marty Taupau
13. Jamie Buhrer *

14. Matt Parcell +
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Lewis Brown *

Guys like: Tom Symonds, Josh Starling, Luke Burgess are missing out. We have heaps of utility as well throughout the squad with a * next to players that can play many positions.

Weidler's a ****stick. Surely there is some news that is actually news. Maybe he's now working for Fox on the History channel.

IKR. Move on Weidler...you could almost see the exasperation on DCE's demenour. Is that a word? hahahaha

I have a feeling he is going to have a blinder behind our powerhouse forward pack. Think of it like this:-

08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Api Koroisou *
10. Nate Myles
11. Feleti Meteo *
12. Marty Taupau
13. Jamie Buhrer *

14. Matt Parcell +
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Lewis Brown *

Guys like: Tom Symonds, Josh Starling, Luke Burgess are missing out. We have heaps of utility as well throughout the squad with a * next to players that can play many positions.
I wonder then, how much of our season rests on the health of DCE? Without a recognized 5/8, are we in danger of being the Pre 2015 Cowboys with all our eggs in one basket?
Thoughts?

I wonder then, how much of our season rests on the health of DCE? Without a recognized 5/8, are we in danger of being the Pre 2015 Cowboys with all our eggs in one basket?
Thoughts?

Hmmm...****, that IS a serious question that certainly needs attention / thought. Jeez, we are farked if that happens !!

I thought that young bloke Heinz (was it) that played NYC was very DCE like in the way he played. I also thought while Travers was small, he was like a little terrier, and funnily, I thought he played quite a similar game to that name sake Terry Lamb.

Then we have Isaac John who can play in the halves.

5/8 we are sweet for, because we have so many options (Koroisou, Meteo, Symonds, Brown, Stewart, Trbojevic, Lyon etc etc etc).

A forgotten name in all this, and a player who I think is a damned good halfback not too dissimilar to the way Benji Marshall plays (without the flambouyance) is Manaia Rudolph. Kid is the goods, and was a main reason reggies made it to the finals last season....I recall Vave giving the kid huge wraps and saying he should be our 1st choice half @ 5/8 this year.

Honestly I think Barretts approach is to play a very forwards oriented game and more out of dummy half than we are used to seeing. A melbourne stormish style control the ruck before all else.

Given that situtaiton it will make it a lot easier on our halves to chime in and control the action out wide. I wouldnt panic unless cherry picks up an injury and is out for several weeks. Then our makeshift 5/8 is stuck with a makeshift 7. But at this point and by that I mean newspaper articles and based on player signings, hes setting us up to be a little less reliant on cherry and 5/8 than we've had to be with our gutless forward pack over the last two seasons.

I'm predicting a top shelf season from DCE this season. The team is clearly his now. He has the keys to the castle and looking at the stats last season when Foran didn't play he simply dominated teams. Being given the opportunity to play what he sees and exploit weaknesses will be very good for him.

In attack, the forward pack we have this year will keep everything rolling and enable him to play off momentum.

In defence, he is going to have Miles protection so he won't have to tackle so much which will reduce the toll his body takes week to week.

I seriously wouldn't be surprised to see him have a breakout year where he is in the Daly-M running.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2015/11/06/dce_interview.html

1. How uncomfortable is Weidler's questions. Like the idiot's version of questions.
2. Secondly, did anyone know DCE was injured, and to what extent? Sounds like he's not training?
He was in a sling after the end of the season so I think he had some work done on his shoulder. He hurt it a few times during the season if you recall but tougher it out, probably due to how close we were to a finals spot. If we were comfortably out of contention he probably would have been shut down sooner.

Interesting the Barrett has talked up a free roaming role for DCE. Should be able to use his turn of foot to exploit situations all over the park. Having that quickness out of dummy half that then gets it to a moving DCE that's attacking a scrambling line could lead to a monster year...

While we're here listen to that commentary

It's only been picked because the
lípos mouní has been mentioned

I'd rather them mention Kolodaktilo than lípos mouní

Daly really busted his shoulder in July when we went down the Cowboys at Brookie. He carried it for the rest of the year. Hope he's 100% for next year! He should have a big year, and if I were him, I'd pull a Jamie Lyon and tell Qld to piss off at SOO time.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8