• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ok, so what do we need to add to support this superstar, DCE, leading us to a premiership? Regardless of what either side may think about his actual worth or past value added, what do we add around him? And keeping in mind the cap. How do we win a premiership while retaining him on the current financial relationship? I’m happy to take the heat out of the DCE argument, just wanna hear how it works with him?

Ok, so what do we need to add to support this superstar, DCE, leading us to a premiership? Regardless of what either side may think about his actual worth or past value added, what do we add around him? And keeping in mind the cap. How do we win a premiership while retaining him on the current financial relationship? I’m happy to take the heat out of the DCE argument, just wanna hear how it works with him?

I think it’s only

* A steady hand 5/8 who takes all the pressure of him even though he is the marquee

* a dominant forward pack for hat lays a platform

* outside backs who can create space on their own as he will take it all before the ball even gets to them

* legitimate superstar fullback to come up with most of the big plays and absorb more pressure

* dry weather

Let's go back a step.

Look at Foran in two games on DCE's side of the field this year. He doesn't have DCE's speed or long kicking game, but ran direct, committed defenders before passing, didn't confuse his outside runners with double pumps or crabbing and turning. Foran (on $250k) created space and Haumole looked like the best second rower in the competition!

So, to me that suggests we might already have some of the players we need to make the team better, but they're being underutilised.

Changing the players around DCE won't help in that regard without breaking the bank (DCE already being on 1.2m) on assembling a Queensland origin team around him (which by the way included Munster and Ponga in top form doing much of the playmaking, plus Hunt/Grant and Dearden).

Last edited:
Let's go back a step.

Look at Foran in two games on DCE's side of the field this year. He doesn't have DCE's speed or long kicking game, but ran direct, committed defenders before passing, didn't confuse his outside runners with double pumps or crabbing and turning. Foran (on $250k) created space and Haumole looked like the best second rower in the competition!

So, to me that suggests we might have already have some of the players we need to make the team better, but they're being underutilised.

Changing the players around DCE won't help in that regard without breaking the bank (DCE already being on 1.2m) on assembling a Queensland origin team around him (which by the way included Munster and Ponga in top form doing much of the playmaking, plus Hunt/Grant and Dearden).
More importantly , Who were the 2 games against ??

Let's go back a step.

So, to me that suggests we might have already have some of the players we need to make the team better, but they're being underutilised.

Agree with the Foz observation. I thought Smole looked the most damaging all year outside Foz in those games. I haven’t seen Smole look that threatening outside DCE at all

I think it’s only

* A steady hand 5/8 who takes all the pressure of him even though he is the marquee

We had that in the past couple of seasons with Foz and didn’t get the team to where we want (certainly not Foz’s fault)

* a dominant forward pack for hat lays a platform

This one is tricky. The potential is there with current players but they haven’t made it yet. Even if we brought in somebody like Brow. There are zero guarantees.

* outside backs who can create space on their own as he will take it all before the ball even gets to them
Then we sacrifice defensively, which is no minor concession. I feel much better with Parker there than most because I trust him defensively.

* legitimate superstar fullback to come up with most of the big plays and absorb more pressure
If only we could find a Turbo who actually plays more than he sits out… Guthrie says hi.

* dry weather
No arguments there. Farrrkkk you weather

It’s hilarious that this debate continues to go round and round in circles based on what Kent, Rothfield, Hooper and co guess what the players are being paid. People take it as gospel, do these contracts go through the journos before being lodged with the NRL combined with how much marquee player, third party etc they are on as well ?

Its a circus, yes, but then someone has to get into the circle in the middle and some will be MCs and others performers...even clowns (and I include myself in that performance). Hurry hurry hurry, watch the magician change for you $1 million dollars into a champion footballer. Its all part of the show.

Huh?? Foran doesn't take up the large slice of the salary cap, somewhat allowing manly to afford a few more better than average players. I think he has more than earned his money on and off the field. If Foran was taking up too much of the cap for the performance he was delivering, sure, there wld be questions about his worth also.

Isn't the point mainly that Manly pay way too much for an eyes up/off the cuff half, that provides zero field placement/team direction like good halves do, kicks down fullbacks/wingers throat nearly every kick per game, arm grabs in tackles and requires assistance from others as he gets dragged along, and make poor decisions in defence in our own 20, and that Manly have made the mistake of putting too many eggs in DCE's basket

Foran was always an exception and you know it. He was a fine player for us until 2015 and then when he left he had ongoing injury and personal issues (averaging only 11 games a season over 5 years) and never reached those heights during those years . In fact the Warriors, Parra and the Dogs let him go. We just happened to be very fortunate that he went through a late blooming, that was quite unexpected and that was why he came so cheap. Had to even have a sizable TPA payment to get him here. Surprised me how well he went, but his years at other clubs suggested he was over the hill. He was a rare cheapy that was worth a lot more.

Bearfax, I was just responding to YOUR question asking why some here dont hack on Foran like they do with DCE.

My response was why people don't hack on Foran like they do DCE

You don't have to tell me Foran was an exception. 😉

for all of those that use experts and dally m points in establishing standing

dally M points 2022

K foran 0
J aioli 1
DCE 21 and more than every other manly players combined.

I didnt just watch that season.how misleading is that. Is that how our team went

Now Tell Me , Who the **** is judging that .

anyway i checked the table a few times. Hope i didnt misss something

Warriors Round 13 and Tigers Round 14

Now I know what you're thinking... but I can only make those observations based on what I saw. And what I saw in those 2 games was a half back on the right side of the field making space (ergo opportunities) for the players around him. Which cannot always be said of DCE
I agree. It wasnt necessarily a results based observation either
foran delivered early ball
oku ran onto it
they worked together and that wasn before we consider how much more destructive oku was . he looked like kikau

we have most of our wins against **** sides anyway . They were good ,

dally M points 2022

K foran 0
J aioli 1

I didnt just watch that season.how misleading is that. Is that how our team went

Answer. Around eight or more mainly ex first grade rugby league players who know the game, are not for the most part related to the Sea Eagles and see things more impartially than those of us on Silvertails. Question is do you think we are better judges than they are? Maybe we are but it shows how perception is so different from different angles. How we see things is not reality, and the same applies to them. Its only real to us.

dally M points 2022

K foran 0
J aioli 1

Is this the same awards system that has had judges award points, whislt competing in their own game,,,,,played at the same time as the game they were judging.

Answer. Around eight or more mainly ex first grade rugby league players who know the game, are not for the most part related to the Sea Eagles and see things more impartially than those of us on Silvertails. Question is do you think we are better judges than they are? Maybe we are but it shows how perception is so different from different angles. How we see things is not reality, and the same applies to them. Its only real to us.
That's good to know. So I'm not crazy when I think that DCE isn't as good as Hynes, Cleary, Moses, Brooks, Morgan and Cronk. Because since we signed DCE as the highest paid player in the NRL all these guys have won a Dally M halfback of the year award and he hasn't. Glad the impartial experts also see that he is at best a solid halfback with moments of brilliance on a flat track. Then again it's only perception, perhaps he is just unlucky that only the experts here on Silvertails can see he is the best halfback in the competition.

Amusing reading how Foran made Olakau’atu miles better, but Olakau’atu was already dominating and in origin talks before playing outside Foran …

Similar vein to how many times I was told this season he only scored Dally M points last year because of Toms form but somehow managed to get a heap more of them this year as well when Tom barely played

That's good to know. So I'm not crazy when I think that DCE isn't as good as Hynes, Cleary, Moses, Brooks, Morgan and Cronk. Because since we signed DCE as the highest paid player in the NRL all these guys have won a Dally M halfback of the year award and he hasn't. Glad the impartial experts also see that he is at best a solid halfback with moments of brilliance on a flat track. Then again it's only perception, perhaps he is just unlucky that only the experts here on Silvertails can see he is the best halfback in the competition.

C & C you need to research better. Firstly it is always difficult to earn top points in Dally M when your team is not performing well such as 2016-22. However just to get things in perspective Daley Cherry Evans was awarded Rookie of the Year in 2011 and in the same year the RL International Fed awarded him the best half in the game. In 2013 he won only the third Clive Churchill Award to a player on a losing side of a Grand final since its inception in 1986 (that's 27 years). In 2014 he was Dally M Half Back of the Year. In most Dally M calculations he has generally, along with Turbo, been near the top in most years.

And again Cherry Evans is being blamed for being paid the highest contract at the time in 2015. But why? Is it his fault Manly withdrew an offer for somewhat less than a million a season to hold onto Foran. He signs with the Titans for the same amount Manly had to then counter offer with a longer duration as the only way to break that contact. That's not his fault and he should not be castigated for it. Blame Manly. He is no longer the highest paid player by the way. That position is now occupied by Cleary according to reports and other half backs are getting close to DCE's payments. And this for the incumbent SOO QLD captain, Manly captain and Australian half back. So I ask you., is there maybe a distorted perception on your part of this often defamed player by some on these sites.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4