• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The one where moses, jesus, alladin, thor and Muhammad played. Dont you remember that 1 game??? And you call yourself a fan... pftt @;)@;)@;)@;)@;)

Oohhh man, dont make me work it out. I will tomorrow . Too hard for sunday but i stand by it. Ive banged on about it before

Lol, I just wondered because DCE only missed 3 games last year.
One of those we lost 30-16 to the Raiders.
Another was a bye (!)
... so I'm guessing the game in which we looked way better must have been the big 14 point win over the Dragons.
Suli played on the left wing (covering for Turbo with Garrick moved to fullback) and did go well but was dropped back to 18th man the next week.
(And the Dragons were missing half their side suspended over BBQ gate!) @:D

Lol, I just wondered because DCE only missed 3 games last year.
One of those we lost 30-16 to the Raiders.
Another was a bye (!)
... so I'm guessing the game in which we looked way better must have been the big 14 point win over the Dragons.
Suli played on the left wing (covering for Turbo with Garrick moved to fullback) and did go well but was dropped back to 18th man the next week.
(And the Dragons were missing half their side suspended over BBQ gate!) @:D
Not sure it was about dce. Thought suli played on the left for a game . Dce stil prob played

I think Suli played right centre for his first couple of seasons at Manly, until Harper got a chance. Then on the left, maybe when Parker was out?
I wish Suli was a bit smarter, he has all the physical attributes. (But not worth us keeping him at $1/2 million per year.)

Looking forward to the Dally M votes this week. Reading this thread I expect DCE will be a big show of winning the title, especially without Tommy "stealing" votes from him. He is clearly the best player in our side, if not in the whole NRL. Where is everyone expecting him to poll ?? he has to be in the top 3 doesn't he ?

lol lol - I learned after his rude obnoxious and attack the person type posts to just ignore. Obviously a very passionate Manly fan which is great but the outbursts and personal attacks are constant and just plain unacceptable. I have no problems people telling me that I have no idea... because I probably don't.. or that I am a dribbler or any other form of mild person focused criticism - I think that is all in bounds of fair play on here but MOD and others think having an unhinged vent and attacking people is ok if somewhere you come back and make some form of apology.. only to do it again and again. Just ignore is the only option.

If you look at our last interaction that you're alluding to, before you start this diatribe, you'll see I "responded in kind" to your insults, which you started to begin with.

You then cried foul for being called out for it, and went on to say you'll ignore me..hilarious really.

That shows very little spine or backbone, along with a real sense of hypocracy. It's like this post now you've made about me here. You're full of gusto and wind (which you're peeing into), but it will be an apparent attack from "me" if I respond..

I hope people see through that B.S. on this site and forum. Tell us all, what value to EOL's convo between him and I did you feel adding your two pennies worth of abuse from? None is the answer, apart from being toxic.

So don't cry foul when you can throw a stone, but get stroppy when's stones are thrown back. And there in lies the problem with quite a few here. Happy to dish it out, cry like a bitch when you receive it.

Human paraquat.

Mate your like an illicit drug to my forum finger that no matter how much I try I just can't jog on when you post. Like WTF. I really just want to skim past and keep reading but I always find myself putting the gloves on for a bash.

So the 2 games you talk about are the warriors and tigers. Both spoon contenders for large parts of the year. Then DCE returns and for 74 min we were all over the cowboys who finished second and all over the Storm that scored 4 tries in 8 min. Both those games were excellent team performances led by DCE for the most part..

Its not really fair to compare those 2 to the warriors and tigers is it?

Not sure why you liked @Brisbane Tragic's post mate - it's full of absolute dribble. He had a go, so I responded in kind, and he cried like a bitch for it. He should grow a pair, and realise what you give in this world, you get. Shows 0 backbone and spine. People know here 99% of posters respond in the same way they are being communicated with. So people shouldn't whinge when called out after an insult. Too many jellyfish here.

In regards to your post. We looked vastly different with Foz at half, Schuster at 5/8 than we did with DCE at half, and Foz at 5/8.

Forget the results for a second (which were telling).

Foz made the players around him better. Forwards getting the ball at speed, hitting the ad line, with momentum. The whole team played more direct.

It wasn't the result per say, it was HOW we won, and both displays in my view were dominant. It was refreshing not seeing the crab, crab, concentric circle, samshed in defense or passed to someone standing there stationary having to wind up.

And you debate with me, because when you don't insult me, you know we can have very healthy discussion. We both put our point across, and quite often I'll concede , which mind you mate, you have never done to date hahaha (nothing wrong with that though).

Looking forward to the Dally M votes this week. Reading this thread I expect DCE will be a big show of winning the title, especially without Tommy "stealing" votes from him. He is clearly the best player in our side, if not in the whole NRL. Where is everyone expecting him to poll ?? he has to be in the top 3 doesn't he ?
That's funny, reading the same thread makes me wonder how he hasn't yet been permanently banned from NRL for conduct unbecoming of a rugby league player, and all his playing history struck from the Sea eagles official records!

Maybe the objective reality lies somewhere in the middle @;)

Big Brother Shrug GIF by Big Brother After Dark

Did you watch the game last night ?
You cannot compare Dce and Cleary .
One is the best half in the Nrl the other is somewhere behind the middle of the pack.
I don't think one of our players could get into that Panthers 13.
But back to the original statement ,Cleary is going to lead Manly to more wins for sure.
And Dce would definitely squander points when Cleary has won the games for Panthers.
Moral of the story unfortunately is -
We suck at the moment and need to try something new !
Team doesn't look like changing massively ,so we start with the leadership and find someone else to lead.
I did not watch the game last night as I have lost interest in finals as Manly is not in it

But I have watched the Panthers this season and they have a pack of relentless hyenas
That lay the platform for any half to have a dream run

Except for the Storm, cause that was really a loss. 😀

In the scheme of the season (and how Cowboys/Storm demonstrated to the rest of the league where our glowing deficiencies were), yes - it was a loss. Know how many games after that we won? ONE !

And in the preceding games, the opposition scored:
12 (against The Knights which was a win)

So celebrate that "victory" all you like with being a smart arse, but those two games showed the rest of the league how to stomp us. I get you probably don't comprehend or understand that.

I felt absolutely let down after that storm game. Not sure if you clued on to the atmosphere at Brooky either (if you ever go to games), but it was not upbeat, put it that way.

In the scheme of the season (and how Cowboys/Storm demonstrated to the rest of the league where our glowing deficiencies were), yes - it was a loss. Know how many games after that we won? ONE !

And in the preceding games, the opposition scored:
12 (against The Knights which was a win)

So celebrate that "victory" all you like with being a smart arse, but those two games showed the rest of the league how to stomp us. I get you probably don't comprehend or understand that.

I felt absolutely let down after that storm game. Not sure if you clued on to the atmosphere at Brooky either (if you ever go to games), but it was not upbeat, put it that way.

You've got a real good sense of humour, don't you.🤣

Yeah, I did miss the Storm game live at the ground.
I'm not a "true supporter"

You've got a real good sense of humour, don't you.🤣

Yeah, I did miss the Storm game live at the ground.
I'm not a "true supporter"

Let me tell you, it was a sentiment of deflation, despite the score, because it was the second straight week where the opposition almost completely rode right over us in a second half, exposing us to the rest of the league.

And we literally never recovered from those two games in my view. I'm probably actually one of the rare fans that DO believe the players in that the pride stuff was forgotten by then & they'd moved on.

I think it was those two periods, in those two games (despite one being a win), that crippled us, and we didn't recover from. Hence "in my opinion", regardless of the score, it was a loss on the season.

The reason Olakau'atu and even Suli play alot better and direct is because Foran takes the ball into the line drawing defenders which DCE clearly can't do. The club even decided to extend DCE when we could have got someone cheaper who could do the basics to benefit this team more.

The reason Olakau'atu and even Suli play alot better and direct is because Foran takes the ball into the line drawing defenders which DCE clearly can't do. The club even decided to extend DCE when we could have got someone cheaper who could do the basics to benefit this team more.

Agreed mate. Is it one of two things? Is this a Des Hasler attacking style (flat in attack?). OR, are the players not listening or playing to the planned structures? Because we were much different with Foz (style wise) at halfback - and it benefited our forwards and momentum.

Not sure why you liked @Brisbane Tragic's post mate - it's full of absolute dribble. He had a go, so I responded in kind, and he cried like a bitch for it. He should grow a pair, and realise what you give in this world, you get. Shows 0 backbone and spine. People know here 99% of posters respond in the same way they are being communicated with. So people shouldn't whinge when called out after an insult. Too many jellyfish here.

In regards to your post. We looked vastly different with Foz at half, Schuster at 5/8 than we did with DCE at half, and Foz at 5/8.

Forget the results for a second (which were telling).

Foz made the players around him better. Forwards getting the ball at speed, hitting the ad line, with momentum. The whole team played more direct.

It wasn't the result per say, it was HOW we won, and both displays in my view were dominant. It was refreshing not seeing the crab, crab, concentric circle, samshed in defense or passed to someone standing there stationary having to wind up.

And you debate with me, because when you don't insult me, you know we can have very healthy discussion. We both put our point across, and quite often I'll concede , which mind you mate, you have never done to date hahaha (nothing wrong with that though).
I have trouble understanding your position where one minute you say forget the results for a second.... results are everything according to some on here.

I wax lyrical about how much I enjoyed 2021 where we played some of the best footy I've seen im my 46 years. We made the preliminary final on the back of Turbo AND 16 other players putting in and playing some great footy. However people go on about how disappointed they were with 2021???

Back from my tangent there those 2 matches you speak of were against the tigers and warriors. While yes Foz did play very well had we played against a panthers and or bunnies it would not have been so easy for him.

We played some good football with DCE in the 7 this year. Most of the cows game. Most of the storm game. We almost beat Parramatta if not for the ref.

In isolation its easy to cherry pick games to make a point but the 2 games you have in the locker are against terrible teams. We all know against terrible teams you play direct through the soft belly.

I have trouble understanding your position where one minute you say forget the results for a second.... results are everything according to some on here.

I wax lyrical about how much I enjoyed 2021 where we played some of the best footy I've seen im my 46 years. We made the preliminary final on the back of Turbo AND 16 other players putting in and playing some great footy. However people go on about how disappointed they were with 2021???

Back from my tangent there those 2 matches you speak of were against the tigers and warriors. While yes Foz did play very well had we played against a panthers and or bunnies it would not have been so easy for him.

We played some good football with DCE in the 7 this year. Most of the cows game. Most of the storm game. We almost beat Parramatta if not for the ref.

In isolation its easy to cherry pick games to make a point but the 2 games you have in the locker are against terrible teams. We all know against terrible teams you play direct through the soft belly.

Okay, I'll explain it in a way that hopefully gives some insight into why I make statements I have. For me, the result is making and winning a grand final. Everything else is the journey to get there. In order to GET to a grand final, a club / team has to have many things going for them (form, coaching, luck with injuries, good management operations, culture etc etc etc - you know, all the pretty stuff).

So for mine, part of the journey is consistency (that's key). Learning from your mistakes, improving on them, righting wrongs (again, all that pretty stuff).

So, what happens if on that journey, a huge glaring hole appears (say in defense, or clocking off in the second half)? Well, the good teams learn from them, and carry on, and don't let those things happen again, or become ingrained in the culture.

That Cowboys & Storm game along our journey to the Grand Final, exposed some serious issues around the culture of our on field performances, structures, coaching, attitudes in defense, particularly late in the second half of games. In my view the rest of the league , media, teams, fans noticed that, and we won ONE solitary game from that point on, as our defense was torn apart.

That's 8 rounds remaining (one win), and an average of 30.125 points against per game. Therefore, those touch ups handed to us in those periods against The Cows and Storm literally derailed us (I actually don't think it was the pride stuff) in my opinion - hence we got pumped in both.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed mate. Is it one of two things? Is this a Des Hasler attacking style (flat in attack?). OR, are the players not listening or playing to the planned structures? Because we were much different with Foz (style wise) at halfback - and it benefited our forwards and momentum.
I don't think it's the coaching but more the player. DCE instead of going into the line he runs in circles and surrenders the ball easily.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8