• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Another rocks and diamonds display by DCE. Fantastic try assists against terrible game management at the end.

We are used to seeing this from DCE. I factor in that he must have been absolutely spent after 2 games in 4 days effectively.

DCE is great at 40/20 kicks, clutch field goals and plenty of try assists. He has a positive mentality and loves to create.

He falls down though when it comes to managing games consistently. He is a bit too frantic and the errors at the end did not cost us a win but made us realise that we are not going to be a threat in the comp this year. You CANNOT give up 4 tries like that at the end of a game!

I still think DCE does not know how to close down a game. Even at the very last play he decides to kick to himself instead of holding onto the ball.. i don't get it.
There was like six seconds to go, FFS, it was always heavy, they were never going to get it.

He held onto the ball v the Cows, got smashed and coughed it up and got smashed on here.

Tough crowd.

Excuse me, I'm off to look at the Marty and Schu threads.

There was like six seconds to go, FFS, it was always heavy, they were never going to get it.

He held onto the ball v the Cows, got smashed and coughed it up and got smashed on here.

Tough crowd.

Excuse me, I'm off to look at the Marty and Schu threads.
Yeh, just comment and run..there were 6 seconds but even if there is zero seconds and the storm were in possession that is giving them an opportunity. There were 7 minutes and they piled on 20 points. That's the whole point that you seem to be missing.

DCE passing Game is a massive liability, because it barely exists.
DCE is never close to being the best player for QLD in the state of Origin, & he is the 2nd best half at Manly. If Des put Foran on the Right alongside Houmole & Koula we’d see the best Right side attack in the Comp.
Only 3 examples ( there were many more ) of photo proof of DCE attack & Try ruining vs the Storm.
  • 1st is an awful pass to Koula with the winger wide open.
  • 2nd DCE kick the ball over The goal line when they had a one player overlap with all these players running into space.
  • 3rd he chooses to take a useless run himself instead of passing to all this open space.
DCE passing game is a disaster.

Attachments

• 836C4B80-90E4-4273-AA30-8C5D3EC7F00F.jpeg
    836C4B80-90E4-4273-AA30-8C5D3EC7F00F.jpeg
    293.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 32C3D062-0769-4312-B90E-1F6D0009781A.jpeg
    32C3D062-0769-4312-B90E-1F6D0009781A.jpeg
    259.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 85D1CBA3-4FE6-45D2-9B2D-79041FB3876F.jpeg
    85D1CBA3-4FE6-45D2-9B2D-79041FB3876F.jpeg
    323 KB · Views: 25
Watch Paps two tries. That’s without the kick out on the full
DCE passing Game is a massive liability, because it barely exists.
DCE is never close to being the best player for QLD in the state of Origin, & he is the 2nd best half at Manly. If Des put Foran on the Right alongside Houmole & Koula we’d see the best Right side attack in the Comp.
Only 3 examples ( there were many more ) of photo proof of DCE attack & Try ruining vs the Storm.
  • 1st is an awful pass to Koula with the winger wide open.
  • 2nd DCE kick the ball over The goal line when they had a one player overlap with all these players running into space.
  • 3rd he chooses to take a useless run himself instead of passing to all this open space.
DCE passing game is a disaster.
1 Koula had to jump to catch the ball do you think it was intended for the winger
2 similar to when Koula scored but Koula isn't in the right position he is behind Oka, storm winger had come off the line , Tippy was close to scoring
3 Olam is rushing up and I would think the winger is there as well, watching slow speed footage and freeze frames bit different to ground level full speed action

I hope with the proposed cap increase and freeing up some dollars from Marty, Walks, Boyle and others, will allow us to go into the market, I might be dreaming, but Burton, Munster will be available.

Are you thinking Manse will be back in 9 next year? Even if he is, I think we will need to run with 2 9’s to be competitive, all the leading teams are doing it, the origin sides also proved the point, beyond argument.

We can run with Manse if he makes it back, for mine Froggy has proved he is a 9, the 2 of them can do the job or maybe Frog is given a run at 7, Chez‘s plays the second 9, if we can‘t go to market for a 6 then yes Latu, providing it’s not Shoe, who I think we have to try there first if we have no cap space available, (and seriously consider him as a 13 in the meantime) maybe even Weeks could be tried, if Latu is not ready, we have to look at our options because the current status quo hasn‘t proved to be the right approach.
Mate I hope Fainu back it's hard to know if he be ready. Latu not 18 til 2nd half of 2023.

Another rocks and diamonds display by DCE. Fantastic try assists against terrible game management at the end.

We are used to seeing this from DCE. I factor in that he must have been absolutely spent after 2 games in 4 days effectively.

DCE is great at 40/20 kicks, clutch field goals and plenty of try assists. He has a positive mentality and loves to create.

He falls down though when it comes to managing games consistently. He is a bit too frantic and the errors at the end did not cost us a win but made us realise that we are not going to be a threat in the comp this year. You CANNOT give up 4 tries like that at the end of a game!
And this is why we needed to keep Foz

Snappy comeback.

How bout the two attacking kicks on the 3rd tackle, no one knew they were on, one went dead and one went out (of us) two misreads in defence directly contributing to tries. Failing to keep his teams head in the game with poor execution and decision making. Shocking cut out pass on the fifth where we died with the ball. Did not goal kick at all well. Missed one sitter

Too many low percentage plays, too many poor examples to a young team. Too frustrating as such an experienced player
Here you go (courtesy of @Jethro):

3 mistakes - I acknowledge I was incorrect in claiming only 2:

Here are our Negative Play Stats for the Round 16 Match against the Storm:

Set Restarts x 2

02:47 - Ruck Infringement - Jake Trbojevic
12:40 - Inside 10 Metres - Morgan Harper

Harper: 1
Jake: 1

Penalties x 8

10:12 - Offside inside 10m - Toafofoa Sipley
26:28 - Ball Strip - Morgan Harper
27:17 - Ball Strip - Lachlan Croker
68:44 - Slow Peel - Jake Trbojevic
69:26 - Hand in the Ruck - Lachlan Croker
73:26 - Offside inside 10m - Daly Cherry-Evans
75:44 - Other - Josh Schuster
77:32 - Other - Daly Cherry-Evans

DCE: 2
Croker: 2
Schuster: 1
Sipley:1

Errors x 11

01:30 - Haumole Olakau'atu
04:34 - Sean Keppie
06:00 - Jake Trbojevic
10:04 - Jason Saab
11:53 - Christian Tuipulotu
18:12 - Tolutau Koula
25:35 - Martin Taupau
30:06 - Christian Tuipulotu
53:03 - Martin Taupau
70:59 - Morgan Harper
73:18 - Daly Cherry-Evans

Taupau: 2
Tuipulotu: 2
Cherry-Evans: 1
Keppie: 1
Koula: 1
Olakau'atu: 1
Saab: 1

Not a fan of those very low percentage D C E early kicks even when there is a commanding lead . Building pressure is the name of the game and Manly were having a good strike rate last night in the Storm's 20 or so . Standard D C E game in most regards , some passages of top line play and kicking and good defence , others verging on mediocre . Not ideal to have that type of a sharp contrast but can only hope for more good for all concerned in any of his Manly outings .

Yeh, just comment and run..there were 6 seconds but even if there is zero seconds and the storm were in possession that is giving them an opportunity. There were 7 minutes and they piled on 20 points. That's the whole point that you seem to be missing.
You seem to have missed my sarcasm @Spartan Eagle.
Saying I was off to the Marty and Schu threads was having a dig at them for their boneheaded errors that led to tries but somehow those errors would be DCE's fault.

I don't know if anyone else noticed last night, but Warren Smith on Fox told that Foz and Cherry as a halves partnership are second only in wins together (93 after last night) to Allan Langer and Kevin Walters at the Broncos.

Lets hope they can get to 100 before the season is out. Do that and we play Finals.

I don't know if anyone else noticed last night, but Warren Smith on Fox told that Foz and Cherry as a halves partnership are second only in wins together (93 after last night) to Allan Langer and Kevin Walters at the Broncos.

Lets hope they can get to 100 before the season is out. Do that and we play Finals.
Yeah I heard that & was quite surprised by it.

Yeah I heard that & was quite surprised by it.

Ditto.

But then, when you think about things ... their first 4 years together brought a Premiership win, a Prelim Final, another Grand Final and a Semi Final, while last year saw another Prelim Final. Only in 2015 (9th) did we miss the Finals with Foz and Cherry as the 6 and 7. So their success together as a halves combination would have them up there on the list for wins since 1908. But I didn't expect them to be outright 2nd all time. That was a surprise.

And as someone who lived through the 90s and the Broncos successes I'm not really surprised that Langer and Walters are at the top of that particular tree.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4