• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DCE passing Game is a massive liability, because it barely exists.
DCE is never close to being the best player for QLD in the state of Origin, & he is the 2nd best half at Manly. If Des put Foran on the Right alongside Houmole & Koula we’d see the best Right side attack in the Comp.
Only 3 examples ( there were many more ) of photo proof of DCE attack & Try ruining vs the Storm.
  • 1st is an awful pass to Koula with the winger wide open.
  • 2nd DCE kick the ball over The goal line when they had a one player overlap with all these players running into space.
  • 3rd he chooses to take a useless run himself instead of passing to all this open space.
DCE passing game is a disaster.

I believe it was the same play as your third screenshot but DCE got the ball and his first instinct was to run it. So he takes a step forward while doing so ran himself out of time and space to get the ball out to Olakauatu. Olakauatu gets the ball a tackle later and makes a tackle break.

That's what doesn't end up on the highlights, the little things that stop chances being created

Gun player, selfish because his pricetag demands it. Subsequently exactly that erodes the value of building a winning team culture. The last two games are case in point , loses possession of a scrum while the cows are coming home with a wet sail, we all know how that ended. The very next game we are sweating for the hooter and he gives them the ball for one last crack going for a try in the corner instead of running time out.What a leader !!! Thats how you do it young feaas !!! Bravo, Jake gets a ten minute rest from Des and a standing ovation from the crowd for his hard work and thats what the skipper does.
As I said , gun player in my opinion. Needs a cool head at times to pull him in to line and he might just win another comp. There no i in team, and a champion team beats a team of champions.

I think all are a bit right in this thread (no-one is right or wrong). Here's my tidbit:

PROS
Long & short kicking game
Constitution - ability to stay on the field
Leadership
Clutch field goals
On field early and mid game management
Defense

CONS
Sidewards running (and circles)
End game, game management
Salary Cap hit - return on investment

All in all, like most players, there are ups and downs. I WILL say sometimes though, it's better the devil you know. There ARE halfbacks across the league currently getting pushed out of their clubs (Brooks for example), and there are no offers out there.

Secondly, DCE's salary isn't TOO far different from any others in his similar position.

I think all are a bit right in this thread (no-one is right or wrong). Here's my tidbit:

PROS
Leadership
Clutch field goals
Defense

CONS

All in all, like most players, there are ups and downs. I WILL say sometimes though, it's better the devil you know. There ARE halfbacks across the league currently getting pushed out of their clubs (Brooks for example), and there are no offers out there.

Secondly, DCE's salary isn't TOO far different from any others in his similar position.
good points but still the aspect that he is currently still the Highest paid player in any position in the league . , and 300 - 350 k more then the other well paid halves not insignificant as well . Just get the impression that he is trying to improve his attacking style and being a a bit more direct and with earlier, more selective passing in recent times . Snake made a good point yesterday with him not going for the lead runner so much and bringing or encouraging his inside defender to just cover a bit more for better marking up . Get the best out of D C E when he just does the basics right and then maximize his real talents and strengths . Still has good speed , still one of the best support halves , still has one of the best kicking games when on song . Still a quite effective one on one defender , just to again avoid the one out stuff and aimless mid field play at times and get the basics right Obviously. shame that Foz is moving on , going to have to be another adjustment next season for him . in the mean time and last season of course , good to have the old firm back together

Its high enough that we can't keep Foran, and it's enough that the club won't or can't entertain shopping him or dropping him. It means that no-one else gets a run at halfback.

PROS
Leadership
Clutch field goals
Defense

CONS

Probably the post of the year @Ryan

Pretty much sums up DCE

Do it for Manly on a consistent basis… that’s all we ask. Be consistent in your passion and game management. Are the Manly hoops and maroon and white not enough to dig deep for? Seriously? Where is that passion and performance on a regular basis for your team? You know… the club that pays your very healthy and happy wage. We have seen you can get motivated enough to impress your QLD knockers… can you find the same motivation to impress your Manly fans?… you know, the ones who stick by you and rely on you throughout the whole season and not just for the one off glamour series. Are you a glamour queen or do you have a greater substance for your club?

Do it for Manly on a consistent basis… that’s all we ask. Be consistent in your passion and game management. Are the Manly hoops and maroon and white not enough to dig deep for? Seriously? Where is that passion and performance on a regular basis for your team? You know… the club that pays your very healthy and happy wage. We have seen you can get motivated enough to impress your QLD knockers… can you find the same motivation to impress your Manly fans?… you know, the ones who stick by you and rely on you throughout the whole season and not just for the one off glamour series. Are you a glamour queen or do you have a greater substance for your club?
DCE Will do it for Manly when the Manly forwards play with passion and grit just like the resilient Queensland forwards .

DCE Will do it for Manly when the Manly forwards play with passion and grit just like the resilient Queensland forwards .
Not good enough, Bozo. The QLD forwards did not dominate tonight. It’s was team psychology and not about actual meters. We cannot keep excusing DCE for not turning up based on forward’s performance.

Not good enough, Bozo. The QLD forwards did not dominate tonight. It’s was team psychology and not about actual meters. We cannot keep excusing DCE for not turning up based on forward’s performance.
I saw it different feathered friend

If only our forwards played with just half the heart , resilience , grit and commitment that the

Queensland forwards did tonight we would have won more games than we did this year

I saw it different feathered friend

If only our forwards played with just half the heart , resilience , grit and commitment that the

Queensland forwards did tonight we would have won more games than we did this year
I agree, they played with incredible grit and self-belief. Nevertheless, I didn’t see them as dominant.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7