• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lol. One he was involved in. Come on. He was 18th man.
Yes and he doesn’t even have the proof to show for it? Why, because he is too good a human being as well as a first class footballer, not many young men would ever be as humble and selfless as JT. Champion bloke first and even a better footballer.

2 questions for anyone posing the proposition that we shouldn't have spent a fortune on DCE, instead we should have just signed some promising young halves, and developed one to be a competent NRL half.

Question 1: Should we have signed Kyle Flanagan? (lol)
Question 2: How about Croft? (I can't even remember his full name) No? hahaha

Well they were 2 of the most hyped up and coming halfbacks of the last few years!! Yet they turned out duds! (so far) Point being, it's not easy to develop a top NRL halfback.

Also, by the way, we actually did sign Jackson Hastings (former NSW under 16s, under 18s, Australian Schoolboys, Junior Kangaroos); Kane Elgey (former Australian Schoolboy, NYC team of the year, rookie of the year, Prime Ministers 13); Lachlan Croker (former Australian Junior Kangaroo)l; Tom Wright (much hyped schoolboy rugby superstar 5/8); Luke Metcalfe (NSW under 18 Origin rep); and Cade Cust (winning 2017 Holden Cup grand final halfback).

Just throwing it out there ... :)

2 questions for anyone posing the proposition that we shouldn't have spent a fortune on DCE, instead we should have just signed some promising young halves, and developed one to be a competent NRL half.

Well they were 2 of the most hyped up and coming halfbacks of the last few years!! Yet they turned out duds! (so far) Point being, it's not easy to develop a top NRL halfback.

Also, by the way, we actually did sign Jackson Hastings (former NSW under 16s, under 18s, Australian Schoolboys, Junior Kangaroos); Kane Elgey (former Australian Schoolboy, NYC team of the year, rookie of the year, Prime Ministers 13); Lachlan Croker (former Australian Junior Kangaroo)l; Tom Wright (much hyped schoolboy rugby superstar 5/8); Luke Metcalfe (NSW under 18 Origin rep); and Cade Cust (winning 2017 Holden Cup grand final halfback).

This is the reason why I worry about expanding the comp,there aren’t enough good halves out there.

Agree mate. You get a sound or better halfback, keep them at your club as long as possible. Happy for to keep DCE until retirement, when Jamie Humphreys can then take over. Foran at 5/8 until retirement until Schuster takes over.

Jamie is 16 I believe (or 17). He'll be knocking on the door in 3-4 years - perfect timing

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned, but I read today that DCE is carrying a groin injury that he picked up at the start of the year. It’s likely to be managed for the remainder of the season with an operation over the off season. This could in some part explain his slow start to the year and lack of a running game.

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned, but I read today that DCE is carrying a groin injury that he picked up at the start of the year. It’s likely to be managed for the remainder of the season with an operation over the off season. This could in some part explain his slow start to the year and lack of a running game.
It's concerning as his running game is one of his main strengths.

He's 32 now and is going to be more succeptible to injury as he gets older. It's another reason why we should be careful about entertaining the thought of an extension when he will already be approaching 35 at the end of his current contract.

Imagine how fast DCE can run next year then - He has been superb in backing up in the middle this year. No doubt about it Tom has made the whole team lift, DCE and Co like Saab are loving it.

Just throwing it out there...but maybe you just proved we have no idea when it comes to recruiting young halves ??? at least with those other ones we limited the damage of our misjudgement to 2-3 years. :)

Look we all know that you can never categorically state that we wouldn't have ended up with someone like Cleary or Hughes or Walker or whoever you deem is worthy enough had we been in the market with a $1mill paycheque over the last 5 or 6 years. Mitchell Pearce, James Maloney, Cooper Cronk, Shaun Johnson who knows ?? no one knows because it was never going to be an option. So throw out as many LOL names as you want, its a moot point.

DCE is an above average NRL half and he is certainly better than some of the other options out there. Is he worth an 8 year deal on $1.2mil+ per season ?? Show me the premierships !!!!

Just throwing it out there...but maybe you just proved we have no idea when it comes to recruiting young halves ??? at least with those other ones we limited the damage of our misjudgement to 2-3 years. :)

Look we all know that you can never categorically state that we wouldn't have ended up with someone like Cleary or Hughes or Walker or whoever you deem is worthy enough had we been in the market with a $1mill paycheque over the last 5 or 6 years. Mitchell Pearce, James Maloney, Cooper Cronk, Shaun Johnson who knows ?? no one knows because it was never going to be an option. So throw out as many LOL names as you want, its a moot point.

DCE is an above average NRL half and he is certainly better than some of the other options out there. Is he worth an 8 year deal on $1.2mil+ per season ?? Show me the premierships !!!!
I remember the outcry when we missed pearce off to Newcastle. Daddy Wayne tipped him off, blah blah blah.... well, that was one amongst many bullets we did dodge.

I remember the outcry when we missed pearce off to Newcastle. Daddy Wayne tipped him off, blah blah blah.... well, that was one amongst many bullets we did dodge.
I disagree. I think Pearce would have worked out well here to be honest. He would have been the perfect foil for DCE, good organisational half with a good consistent kicking game. Let DCE concentrate on the attack and Pearce drives the team around. I'll happily admit I was disappointed when we missed out on him.

I disagree. I think Pearce would have worked out well here to be honest. He would have been the perfect foil for DCE, good organisational half with a good consistent kicking game. Let DCE concentrate on the attack and Pearce drives the team around. I'll happily admit I was disappointed when we missed out on him.
I dont like pearce that much but also think he and dce would’ve formed a great combo

If he came when Des came I would agree. I don't think Baz could have made that happen and Dog Boy would most likely have self-destructed before Des arrived.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2