• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I reckon some of them must have shut him down via email prior to kick off. I agree he was an obvious target but until about round 15 he wasnt sighted until the 20 minute mark.

My favorite excuse of the year though was DCE couldnt expect to play well because levi was a crap addition to the spine but levi never copped the same latitude when DCE played crap in the spine

And when walker played well at 6 dce had a rest. Its a long off season . Go back and watch the early rounds

Dce was crazy busy for the last 6 or so weeks. Prior to that he was playing in a dinner suite turning the ball inside , turning the ball inside, taking the line on never

Sorry if this sounds like im disagreeing. I wasnt at all. Just adding. your points are kick arse vaild
Look it was a horrible year, but he was only one of thirteen on the field. How did thurston go at the cows untill they got a serious team with multiple ball players? Horrible.
Does not mean he was a bad player.

Look it was a horrible year, but he was only one of thirteen on the field. How did thurston go at the cows untill they got a serious team with multiple ball players? Horrible.
Game set and match answer ....
The legend of DCE lives on !

I think this is a great comparism . While the cowboys results were poor , thurstons game rarely was. He led from the front, busted his gut , got put on his arse time and time again trying to create. In fact im pretty sure the nrl changed rules because of how heavily he was targetted.
With poor troops in the spine he was a champion. He wanted the ball when the game was on the line. He didnt shirk it ever

While dce was busy for some weeks near the end , when he had quality players like turbo and walker playing tough, he shirked it , plain and simple. Its why i said watch the earlier season games. Im pretty confident

While he ran around and was busy against poor quality opponents near the end of the season, he rarely took the ball in to the line, just sideways in what i think was self preservation.

Another thread asks why cameron smith never gets hurt, because of the game he plays. Cherry plays a similar style but without the effectiveness, calmness and skill that smith injects into a game/ result

Twice against the tigers he was hit hard and once against the titans. He resented that big time. It was memorable for me because i have watched for this for years.

His try assists used to come from sideways runs inside the opp 10 m line giving face balls to lane then sirro to crash over. Not this year and most of his assists came from the last 6 weeks

About mid season fox put stats up that since 2017 cherry had 2 more assists than ash taylor to that point over almost 3.5 seasons. Considering taylors long absences , lack of attacking spine players and stints in reggies its hardly the stuff of legends, let alone Thurston

DCE is a world class half and he often proves it.

My gripes with DCE are:
  • The chunk he takes out of the cap makes it very hard to put together a strong side around him
  • He doesn't have the ability (like Foran did) to lift the team out of a slump by himself, in fact if Foran hadn't left he and DCE would have been the best halves pairing in the NRL probably for the entire decade.
  • He makes dumb decisions that really hamper his game management.

My gripes with DCE are:
  • The chunk he takes out of the cap makes it very hard to put together a strong side around him
  • He doesn't have the ability (like Foran did) to lift the team out of a slump by himself, in fact if Foran hadn't left he and DCE would have been the best halves pairing in the NRL probably for the entire decade.
Perhaps. But at least he plays every match.

My gripes with DCE are:
I agree with you that DCE is a World class player who is the captain of his club and of his State and World class players command World class dollars .

I agree with you that is is hard to put a strong side around marquee paid players when our club is not in the same league as the storm who have the ability to spot under cap players with unlimited potential .

I do not know any player that is known for making dumb decisions that had the honour of winning the best and fairest Churchill (We will fight them on the Northern beaches) Medal .
Who is a leader of his club and State and also and Australian rep player since 2011
As far as dumb decisions go . Every one fcks up now and then because sht happens feathered friend

hit a fair few first year. also hit a fair few when wolfman was out there... but agreed needs to take the bomb option. its tough when youve had jorge on one wing since 2012 who hasnt been able to catch & compete in the air since 2015
This is what frustrates me with DCE. We know he can kick and kick well. Yet week in week out and for a number of years now his short kicking game, goal kicking falls horribly short of where a player of his class and talents should be it.

Too comfortable.

Best thing that could happen to MAN is for Cleary to get the Aussie 7 jumper with Turtle left right out.

It's pretty clear what DCE needs to do and who he has to be better than in the short kicking and game management stakes if he wants it back.

I reckon some of them must have shut him down via email prior to kick off. I agree he was an obvious target but until about round 15 he wasnt sighted until the 20 minute mark.

My favorite excuse of the year though was DCE couldnt expect to play well because levi was a crap addition to the spine but levi never copped the same latitude when DCE played crap in the spine

And when walker played well at 6 dce had a rest. Its a long off season . Go back and watch the early rounds

Dce was crazy busy for the last 6 or so weeks. Prior to that he was playing in a dinner suite turning the ball inside , turning the ball inside, taking the line on never

Sorry if this sounds like im disagreeing. I wasnt at all. Just adding. your points are kick arse vaild
He could’ve been better but was definitely good before Round 15... thats a huge exaggeration.

The Newcastle & Parramatta games he was huge (rd 8 and 10), and even in the loss to the warriors & penrith (Rd 12 & 13)he was still about doing everything in attack... Not to mention he won us the game against the chooks in r2 (with Tom) and also carved up Bulldogs and Broncos prior to Toms injury.

He did carry hard late but still had a strong effort throughout the year I thought.

There's a handful of posters here who seem to have an anti-DCE agenda and push it on every thread in the forum. It derails far too many conversations.
I don't think it's necessarily on purpose as I was just about to post something that was half pro-dce and half anti-dce but right before I hit post I realised it was the Saab thread so canned it.

It's just a very all-encompassing topic at the moment. Saab would be an interesting signing and I hope it happens. Dce comes up naturally because our backline organisation and reception of the ball was so limited. Then people see the dce posts and the thread dilutes and it's forgotten that it's not a dce thread. I agree though, enough on dce. Saab

This is what frustrates me with DCE. We know he can kick and kick well. Yet week in week out and for a number of years now his short kicking game, goal kicking falls horribly short of where a player of his class and talents should be it.

Too comfortable.

Best thing that could happen to MAN is for Cleary to get the Aussie 7 jumper with Turtle left right out.

It's pretty clear what DCE needs to do and who he has to be better than in the short kicking and game management stakes if he wants it back.
Agree with his disappointing short kicking game this year. Think he was a little paranoid of giving away 7 tackle sets from the 20 especially with the rule changes. He'll need to absolutely get more repeat sets for us 2021. And yes Cleary def the form hb of 2020

I can't help but feel DCE cops unnecessary flack for being well spoken and well presented.

It is as though because the guy isn't some redneck-reared bogan (and he's a Qld'er at that, extra marks for DCE there), that he is disingenuous or untrustworthy - somewhat unrelatable to the average IQ of League watchers.

What a crock.

When interviewed he is actually engaging and thoughtful, diplomatic and he doesn't revert to some sub-vocabulary filled with filler words and token homage to 'mates' and effort.

"Yeah, nah mate. like, just great being like out there backin' up the boys. Just love playin' with me mates', playin' footy, yeah, we all put in for each other, 110%, train hard, love backin' up me mates, mate. playin' with me mates. Y'know? Yeah, nah mate. All good cheers."

Said DCE....

Never.

And yet some people I know don't trust him as a result. DCE just needs a bit more "dead**** deadpan" in his quiver and he'll be fine
Never understood why cronk never copped **** for being eloquent, diplomatic, and insightful, and DCE does

I am speechless...I am literally without speech. That is when mind and tongue do not co-operate in this grand game called life. Oh crap...COOPER!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7