• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Story: SMH - Christian Nicolussi 02/08/19

How a windy night in Auckland turned DCE into a match-winning machine
It was on a windy and miserable night in Auckland in 2017 when Daly Cherry-Evans realised he was finally comfortable with the responsibility of trying to get Manly home when the game was on the line.

Cherry-Evans had kicked no shortage of field-goals since bursting on to the scene in 2011, but this particular evening when he nailed two, including the 85th minute winner, changed something in his mindset.

The Sea Eagle with the $10 million contract never shied away from the big moments - but now he longed for them.

Just like he did last Saturday night when he landed the winner in Melbourne in arguably the game of the season.

And just like he did against South Sydney back in round four this year at Brookvale Oval.

Then again in round 21 last year to break the hearts of Cronulla fans.

In fact, of the last seven field goals Cherry-Evans has kicked, five of them have been the difference in extra time.

"That game against the Warriors I just remember there was no expectation on us to win because we were down by seven with only a few minutes to go, and all I had to do was stick to my guns and stay calm," Cherry-Evans said. "I kicked two that night. And I did that by being clesar on what I needed to do. I've done that since. Having been in those situations so many times now makes it easier.

"I enjoy being that person for the team.

Story continues at...https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ho...-a-match-winning-machine-20190802-p52dbd.html

Fun fact... DCE has scored the winning points in Golden point matches more than any other player, past or present.

Daly Cherry-Evans: 6
Jonathan Thurston: 4
Mitchell Pearce: 3
Chris Sandow: 3
Clinton Schifcofske: 3
Cooper Cronk: 3
Josh Reynolds: 3
Trent Hodkinson: 3

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Rugby_League_golden_point_games

Panthers have won the most with 11 golden point wins (from 18).

We have 8 golden point wins from 15 matches:

2003 vs Parramatta, Brookvale (Ben Walker)
2016 vs Warriors, Perth (DCE)
2017 vs Raiders, Canberra (Dylan Walker)
2017 vs Raiders, Brookvale (DCE)
2017 vs Warriors, Auckland (DCE)
2018 vs Sharks, Cronulla (DCE)
2019 vs Rabbitohs, Brookvale (DCE)
2019 vs Storm, Melbourne (DCE)

https://twitter.com/NRL/status/1155080461720309760?s=19

Last edited:
Story: SMH - Christian Nicolussi 02/08/19

How a windy night in Auckland turned DCE into a match-winning machine
It was on a windy and miserable night in Auckland in 2017 when Daly Cherry-Evans realised he was finally comfortable with the responsibility of trying to get Manly home when the game was on the line.

Cherry-Evans had kicked no shortage of field-goals since bursting on to the scene in 2011, but this particular evening when he nailed two, including the 85th minute winner, changed something in his mindset.

The Sea Eagle with the $10 million contract never shied away from the big moments - but now he longed for them.

Just like he did last Saturday night when he landed the winner in Melbourne in arguably the game of the season.

And just like he did against South Sydney back in round four this year at Brookvale Oval.

Then again in round 21 last year to break the hearts of Cronulla fans.

In fact, of the last seven field goals Cherry-Evans has kicked, five of them have been the difference in extra time.

"That game against the Warriors I just remember there was no expectation on us to win because we were down by seven with only a few minutes to go, and all I had to do was stick to my guns and stay calm," Cherry-Evans said. "I kicked two that night. And I did that by being clesar on what I needed to do. I've done that since. Having been in those situations so many times now makes it easier.

"I enjoy being that person for the team.

Story continues at...https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ho...-a-match-winning-machine-20190802-p52dbd.html

Ive compared him to michael bevan in cricket terms before. Bevan was remebered for a few great knocks and a decent average. He also used to stack a ton of pressure on his team mates by playing for it in my view. A euphoria junkie

Im critical of chez but , in recent weeks he has shown some consistent halfback play although patchy , it is hopeful.

While he is a dominant onfield figure his rarely makes the top 5 in dominance behind the tubos, the props, and the hookers if you take off the cherry coloured glasses. His kicking game is a worry, always a chance of a chargedown or a rebound. I would have thought this set up is similar to the field goal set he is blowing his toot about. I found that part the hardest to digest

He is however a sharpshooter and one of the greatest field goal exponenets of the modern era off both feet and has provided fans with some euphoric moments like reminding the storm they are still our bitches . A commentator once said" Matthew ridge would kick his grandmother for 2 points.'. Probably fatty. Well cherry is in that kinda company for one pointers

Ive compared him to michael bevan in cricket terms before. Bevan was remebered for a few great knocks and a decent average. He also used to stack a ton of pressure on his team mates by playing for it in my view. A euphoria junkie

Im critical of chez but , in recent weeks he has shown some consistent halfback play although patchy , it is hopeful.

While he is a dominant onfield figure his rarely makes the top 5 in dominance behind the tubos, the props, and the hookers if you take off the cherry coloured glasses. His kicking game is a worry, always a chance of a chargedown or a rebound. I would have thought this set up is similar to the field goal set he is blowing his toot about. I found that part the hardest to digest

He is however a sharpshooter and one of the greatest field goal exponenets of the modern era off both feet and has provided fans with some euphoric moments like reminding the storm they are still our bitches . A commentator once said" Matthew ridge would kick his grandmother for 2 points.'. Probably fatty. Well cherry is in that kinda company for one pointers
Good old Radar Ridge was a fan favourite for sure. God he could kick goals from anywhere.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/b36789b0ebfc5a1ac9cea9f909c9dd6c

Daly Cherry-Evans has given fleeting thought to life after his playing career comes to an end. He likes the idea of coaching. More than that, he likes the idea of coaching Manly.

“The older I get, the more I get attached to the game and the more I don’t want to leave it,” Cherry-Evans told The Saturday Telegraph.

“Obviously if I am going to retire and go into coaching, it would be great to stay at the one club. There are not many jobs out there when it comes to coaching and it would be silly for me to think I will walk into something.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/b36789b0ebfc5a1ac9cea9f909c9dd6c

Daly Cherry-Evans has given fleeting thought to life after his playing career comes to an end. He likes the idea of coaching. More than that, he likes the idea of coaching Manly.

“The older I get, the more I get attached to the game and the more I don’t want to leave it,” Cherry-Evans told The Saturday Telegraph.

“Obviously if I am going to retire and go into coaching, it would be great to stay at the one club. There are not many jobs out there when it comes to coaching and it would be silly for me to think I will walk into something.
I can see him retiring a year early to take up a halves coaching role at Manly, thus creating some salary cap relief.

Don't discount the possibility he'll play on and sign a new deal, maybe for just one more season. He takes such good care of his fitness. Thurston and Cronk both played at the age of 35.
It will depend not just on his own fitness form and desire but also on what is happening with the team when the time comes.

DCE has injured himself the last two or three games v the raiders. Hopefully it doesn't play on his head to much and the man can steer us to a good victory today

Don't discount the possibility he'll play on and sign a new deal, maybe for just one more season. He takes such good care of his fitness. Thurston and Cronk both played at the age of 35.
It will depend not just on his own fitness form and desire but also on what is happening with the team when the time comes.
I honestly wouldn’t doubt that he would sign a very reduced deal for a year or two.

THE AUSTRALIAN
By Will Swanton

Last week, Daly Cherry-Evans was on stage at the NRL finals launch. He spoke in eloquent yet detached tones about Manly’s prospects of upsetting Cronulla in the first week of the play-offs.

He said a lot but gave nothing away, once again behaving `like a politician in football boots.

The compere laughed at his statesmanlike attitude and said: “How very Daly Cherry-Evans of you.”

At 10.48am on Tuesday, when it was bucketing down at the Sea Eagles headquarters, one player was on the field long after training had finished. Cherry-Evans.

He grabbed balls about 30 metres from a tryline. He skipped to the right and kicked towards the in-goal, aiming for a patch of grass closest to the right sideline.

The weather got worse. Cats. Dogs. Brass monkeys. He stayed. He was drenched. Conditions were so bad you could barely see him.

He resembled the last golfer on a driving range, painstakingly going through his repetitions. Six balls finished grouped together as though he was hitting pitching wedges at a flag. The accuracy was uncanny.

The professionalism was real. That was very Daly Cherry-Evans of him.

His performance against the Sharks? Captain’s knock. He should have raised a bat at full-time.

Leading his injury-ravaged, suspension-tainted team against formidable, muscular opposition, he had the ball on a string, just as he did in the waterlogged solo rehearsal for Friday night’s sudden-death clash against South Sydney.

It’s his return to ANZ Stadium, to the scene of his toughest four-day stretch of the year, one that reduced him to tears when it was all said and done. Queensland’s 26-20 loss in the State of Origin decider was followed by the Sea Eagles’ 21-20 defeat to the Rabbitohs at Homebush.

He denied he was spooked by going back. That was very Daly Cherry-Evans of him.

“That was a tough week, a tough four days, back-to-back losses,” he said. “If you’re alluding to, am I daunted by it? Not at all. They’re experiences that I’ll never forget and lessons I’ll never forget from both those games.

“Hopefully I’m a little bit wiser and a little bit smarter for it, and hopefully I can show that this weekend.

“The best way to explain it is that it was a very emotional four days but I love my job too much to describe it as a low point. I’ve got too much appreciation for how lucky I was to even play in State of Origin, and to lead Queensland out, and to continue to lead Manly out every week.

“I genuinely have too much appreciation for my job to feel as though I have low points in life or in footy.”

Asked what lessons were learnt, he said: “Um, you’ll have to wait and see.” Very Cherry-Evans.

He downplayed the virus that forced him out of Monday’s recovery session.

Was he crook against the Sharks? Contagious? It would not have mattered.

They barely laid a hand on him. Dylan Walker reckons he gave a tremendous pre-match speech at Lottoland last Saturday night. “I’d be lying if I said I don’t think during the week about what I’m going to say,” Cherry-Evans said.

“Getting the feel for what the boys are thinking, how they’re training, what the mood is, it all comes into consideration.

“If your teammates come out and say it was a really good speech and it got them motivated, that’s really satisfying to hear as a leader. Sometimes you never know if you’re talking garbage and it goes in one ear and out the other.

“My preparations are quite clear and a pre-game speech is part of that.

“I enjoy motivating my teammates and even myself. When I’m talking, I believe what I say.”

Cherry-Evans said he had read books and listened to podcasts on the art of leadership. Asked to name what specific material he had explored, he said: “Ah, just the normal stuff.” Very Daly Cherry-Evans of him.

The tone of his next speech? It would relate to the need to reach another level. The Sea Eagles played well against the Sharks. They need to play great to beat Souths.

“It was freezing out there today,” he said after training. “It was pouring. By the sound of it, it might be good preparation for this Friday night, if the rain hangs around.

“Not a bad thing to get through a session in the wet. Just getting my kicking reps in is part of my own preparation, so I’m nice and clear that I’ve done the work during the week.

“It just becomes second nature. Kicking is so important to every side. I’ve got to make sure I play my role.

“Practising kicking is enjoyable, so I don’t mind hanging around after training.”

He trained with diligence. He spoke politely but gave little away again. Very Cherry-Evans.

Reminded that so much of the Sea Eagles’ hopes rested on his shoulders, he replied: “When you win you get praised and when you don’t, there’s the other side of it. That’s OK with me.

“I’ve got a lot of experience, a lot of clarity going into games, I’m always nice and clear what my role is and how I can get the best out of myself.

“I understand externally the stakes are higher. It’s got to be built up because it’s final footy. You guys want to call it pressure situations.

“I call it finals footy. It doesn’t daunt me. It excites me. When you get written off, it’s even better. Because when you prove ’em all wrong, it’s a pretty nice feeling.”

That last sentence was especially Daly Cherry-Evans of him.
cherry_rc2_6531.jpg

Keep it up Chezza

Rumor on social Media.
DCE to the Broncos which will make way for Manly to sign the Turbos plus bring in Foran to replace DCE from the dogs and which will also leave money for us to have a go at a broncos back. Name that keeps popping up is Oates

Rumor on social Media.
DCE to the Broncos which will make way for Manly to sign the Turbos plus bring in Foran to replace DCE from the dogs and which will also leave money for us to have a go at a broncos back. Name that keeps popping up is Oates

Foran instead of DCE, no thanks.

Very much doubt this is more than some social media speculation from a Donkeys fan.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6