• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The bravery of Cherry-Evans playing so well in Origin I just five weeks after ankle surgery has been mentioned this week by the players as an inspirational act. It also enhanced his own leadership credentials. The Manly captain’s calmness and air of confidence has had a ripple effect through the entire squad.

"He's been instrumental in everything that he has done for the side. He was particularly inspirational in Game One coming back from the injury after five weeks out," Walters said.

"He's the perfect captain for this group to bring them together…very articulate, very smart and best of all he's a great footballer. We haven't seen the best of him at this level yet, we will see that on Sunday."

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2019/06/22/maroons-belief-sky-high-under-perfect-skipper-walters-says/
The Slater/smith/Hodges/cronk crew couldn’t hold a candle to the superior intellect of dce. Possibly that’s why he was on the outer. He is 3 steps ahead in every conversation.

"He's been instrumental in everything that he has done for the side.

He was particularly inspirational in Game One coming back from the injury after five weeks out," Walters said.

I mean I know he is a Queenslander and all but that's the most "ah durr" comment ive seen in a while

Maroons talk up their players whilst we nit pick them to death :confused:
Well that and of course DCE was instrumental in everything he did for the team, he did it.

The quote should be that he was instrumental in all the team did!

DCE is on pretty modest coin compared to those other imposters. That deal although big at the time was always going to be pretty reasonable at the back end.
I don't know about that - weren't they reporting it as a minimum $10mil deal over 8 years ?? I'd be very surprised if he's not getting paid north of a $1mil a year - and I'd also be very surprised if it wasn't indexed to cap increases so he holds a percentage of the available wage spend every year. Don't wish to get into an argument about whether he is worth it or not but I doubt he is on "modest" coin.

I don't know about that - weren't they reporting it as a minimum $10mil deal over 8 years ?? I'd be very surprised if he's not getting paid north of a $1mil a year - and I'd also be very surprised if it wasn't indexed to cap increases so he holds a percentage of the available wage spend every year. Don't wish to get into an argument about whether he is worth it or not but I doubt he is on "modest" coin.
'Modest count' refers to how much of the Cap Chez takes up.

He has TPAs, marquee player allowance etc that make up his contract

All high profile players have companies queueing to sign them to their brands.

It's the no names or the high maintenance players who get 100% of their contract out of the Cap monies :nerd:

Last edited:
Modest coun refers to how much of the Cap Chez takes up.

He has TPAs, marquee player allowance etc that make up his contract

All high profile players have companies queueing to sign them to their brands.

It's the no names or the high maintenance players who get 100% of their contract out of the Cap monies :nerd:

So in saying that, how much of his salary is counted to our cap?

So in saying that, how much of his salary is counted to our cap?
No idea and I don't understand why Fans worry about roster management. Completely outside of our control :nerd:

Let's not forget the magical Testimonial Match monies that Turdy annoints random Clubs with @:rolleyes:

20 career field goals now for Chezza. A fantastic achievement in the NRL era
https://twitter.com/NRL/status/1155080461720309760?s=19

remote.axd

Last edited:
I saw him prowling on both sides of the ruck tonight. Is this recent or a one off? Helping out as Dylan finds his feet? Has always done it?

I should pay attn more.

And well done DCE. What a champ on and off the field.
Chez' game changed after SOO.

I noticed his many dummy half stints especially in our 20m on early tackles. Then he goes wider for the 4th and 5th tackles :nod:

IMG_20190728_070438.png

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7