• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
Well if Myles and/or Lussick get signed, and with the mates Chez already has at the club, plus the young blokes coming up who will be keen to have him in the side, plus Johns and any current or future coach worth his salt in the NRL wanting him in the side, and with recent and upcoming departures, the statement "club split in half" might be starting to look more like a DCE empire (not that I believe Chez is at all a factional type of person, more a professional sportsman). And the fans have certainly swung behind him big time - which just puts a Cherry on the top.:)

lurker

Beaver lover
People still think DCE is a chance of backflipping lol. Why would he the club has treated him like **** and now because the people in charge have been embarrassed they are coming out and showing him some love.

I didn't see any support for him last season when he was being bullied by watmough the club did nothing.
The people in charge picked the wrong horse (foz) and now they are left with ho halves.
DCE will not be backfiiping and what John Gibbs said about the club is 100% correct.

As a Manly fan I want him to stay but as a person the way he has been treated is disgraceful and I have no beef with him leaving.
They got rid of twatmough. Cherry has more mates in the team than enemies. As alluded to above two more of his mates may be coming. His missus family is here and we have the greatest halfback and immortal on our coaching staff. The way I see it regardless of what happened in the past unless he just wants to act out of spite I only see him hurting himself going to the tits.

(Edit) and our current consultant also decides whether he is the future Aus halfback and captain

sheridanstand78

First Grader
Sea Eagles’ bid to retain Daly Cherry-Evans still splitting the club in two
  • by: James Hooper
  • May 08, 2015 12:00AM
HE hornet’s nest at the Manly Sea Eagles is becoming increasingly complex by the day, headed by the latest bid to convince Daly Cherry-Evans to backflip on his $4 million Gold Coast Titans deal.

Through no apparent fault of his own, Cherry-Evans has split the Sea Eagles like never before.

Champion fullback Brett Stewart and Immortal Andrew Johns have barely spoken in six months, all because the Sea Eagles halves coach apparently supported DCE instead of Manly’s senior players.

Johns and Anthony Watmough are also in the no speakies boat, with the two almost coming to blows over summer. It’s a sad state of affairs considering Johns, Stewart and Watmough were once great mates and regular drinking partners.

The latest Sea Eagle caught in the crossfire is John Gibbs, who publicly stated on his 2UE Sports Today show how DCE had been bullied out of Manly. This angered fullback Stewart, who is also close mates with Gibbs.

As the Sea Eagles clamour to try and get DCE to renege on the Titans, what the club seems to have conveniently forgotten is how new owners Rick and Scott Penn and CEO Joe Kelly lowballed the star halfback when they initially took control late last year.

Not only did they slash DCE’s $1 million-per-season offer tabled by the previous administration, next they pulled it off the table entirely.

At the same time as all of this was going on, Manly Immortal and recently-appointed Strategic Football Consultant Bob Fulton was meeting with Kieran Foran, Brett Stewart and Steve Matai, with the primary focus aimed at convincing the Kiwi five-eighth to remain at the club.

The bid failed, leaving the Sea Eagles clutching at thin air in relation to both star playmakers.

All of this after Scott Penn promised Manly fans both halves would be signed, sealed and delivered, hopefully by Christmas?

To make matters worse, the latest Sea Eagles board room projections have the club poised to post a $1.5 million loss come October.

Then there’s the matter of how poorly club legend and coach Geoff Toovey has been treated. It’s no secret Sea Eagles powerbrokers have had a crack at luring Des Hasler, Brad Arthur and Ivan Cleary to replace Toovey, all to no avail.

How any of this instability is supposed to make DCE possibly want to perform another backflip is anyone’s guess. Still, under the current rules, Manly has until round 13 to convince him to renege and the Eagles are doing everything in the club’s power to convince him to do so.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-the-club-in-two/story-fnp0lyn3-1227343942634
I would take anything this cretin rights with a pinch of salt, James Hooper is an out and out Manly hater and does not hide it. Just your typical news limited filth who loves nothing more than to slander and smear our club.

All of what he writes is just pub gossip, I challenge him to find any club in the league that doesnt have politics.

The club has made mistakes, true, but its what they learn that counts and what they do next even more important.

conanu

Bencher
I would take anything this cretin rights with a pinch of salt, James Hooper is an out and out Manly hater and does not hide it. Just your typical news limited filth who loves nothing more than to slander and smear our club.

All of what he writes is just pub gossip, I challenge him to find any club in the league that doesnt have politics.

The club has made mistakes, true, but its what they learn that counts and what they do next even more important.

I could not agree with you more. He sits on all these panel shows like he is some kind of Rugby League guru. The bloke has zero Rugby League connections apart from the odd nobody player (Probably mates with Choc and Weirdler) . His Rugby League background is zero, he didn't play, coach or even play in a pub comp nor as a kid. He played 5th grade Union and that was probably whilst he was doing his degree at Cornflakes University. He grinds me when he tries to talk about Rugby League when it's a game he clearly knows zilch about. He is the Rugby League version of Sydney Confidential all gossip and zero substance.

conanu

Bencher
So why do we always see DCE and Brett embracing during the game after a try etc? They look fine on field, is it realy that bad off the field?

Also, who cares if Watmough and Johns don't talk - Watmough doesn't play for Manly, so it's irrelevant.
I reckon Johns realised Watmough is a moron and it was killing his buzz, so he flicked him.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm more worried about the 1.5 million loss come October. I know most clubs post losses annually but that seems pretty substantial.

Not if a lot of that amount is update costs , Penn did say he had to put a heap of extra money in to upgrade facilities, employ new staff ( so staff recruitment costs ), not surprising at all really.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
FWIW Andrew Webster said this morning that a final Cherry decision is expected this week. He can't see him flipping because he's been so public. I think otherwise but then I have a Maroon and White heart.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
No way it would be announced today, if he has back flipped ( which I doubt ) they'd leave any announcement until the very last hour, giving the Titans no time to mount a counter. And if he isn't back flipping then no announcement is needed.

Anyway seems we are in the running for the Broncos under 20's half, Maloney, Albert Kelly, Robert Lui......have I missed any???....so we will at least have a team in 2016 " of sorts".

Mavin

Bencher
Why all the hype over DCE backflip? Bozo couldn't convince him or Foran 2 stay when he was called in for the earlier meetings so I see no chance of any backflip.

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
No way it would be announced today, if he has back flipped ( which I doubt ) they'd leave any announcement until the very last hour, giving the Titans no time to mount a counter. And if he isn't back flipping then no announcement is needed.

Anyway seems we are in the running for the Broncos under 20's half, Maloney, Albert Kelly, Robert Lui......have I missed any???....so we will at least have a team in 2016 " of sorts".
They can't counter though if Manly have secured him and registered the contract - so no need to wait. I just don't think he will stay now, I hope I'm wrong but who knows.

JenEagle

Bencher
I so hope I am wrong but I doubt he will stay at manly. Seems too much water under the bridge now. I was hopeful 3 weeks ago of a backflip but he came out and hosed that down.

Is lussick coming to manly or going to the Gold Coast as well? Gee they can sign players the gold coast. Pi&&es me off

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I so hope I am wrong but I doubt he will stay at manly. Seems too much water under the bridge now. I was hopeful 3 weeks ago of a backflip but he came out and hosed that down.

Is lussick coming to manly or going to the Gold Coast as well? Gee they can sign players the gold coast. Pi&&es me off

If Desert Boot is right NO.

And no doubt the Myles thing is all crap as well , just managers talk.

So back to signing dregs again

lurker

Beaver lover
Why all the hype over DCE backflip? Bozo couldn't convince him or Foran 2 stay when he was called in for the earlier meetings so I see no chance of any backflip.
Mavin some people on here would like to hold out hope and live with a bit of positivity. To be honest its not that hard a sell for DCE. Lets list the pros and Cons of each club.
Manly
Pro - GOAT halfback and immortal as his personal tutor
- a team that would be centred around him
- If the dollars match it cancels out the titans pro
- House already here and settled with friends
- His missus's family is here
- Potentially more of his mates signing
- Rebuilding team with a bunch of good young kids, chance to build a new culture
- Bozo is also the Australian selector, keeping him happy is in DCEs best interests
- Greater access to TPA and future media career
- Terrific club history and connections
Con - Uncertainty around coach
- Potentially one person DCE doesn't get on with (only there for 2 more years tops)
- Initial bad blood (although largely a product of the situation his manager put him in)

Titans
Pro - Big dollars
- Rebuilding team
- NRL backed
- Coach signed for several years
- Several promising players
Cons - They are losing half their forward pack
- His mate nate will be going even if not to us
- likely to be several years of pain before being a contender
- Largely irrelevant with no club history and weak supporter base
- No access to fox media career
- Away from his missus family and friends and his friends
- Moving away from the house they recently built and having to start again
- Potentially irritating Bozo putting Ben hunt in the box seat for Australia
- No GOAT tutor

For me the decision would be easy and not because I bleed maroon and white. Provided the dollars come close.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
One day I think he will, the next I don't. In the end we will know come rd13

One thing that we can gather, is that Manly are making a play to keep him. All we have heard in the last couple of weeks is Bozo and cliffy stating they want him to stay. The rest has been media BS.

If manly are trying to keep him, I imagine Orr is currently trying to squeeze manly for every cent, which means he will negotiate right up to rd13 to make manly nervous.

Mavin

Bencher
Mavin some people on here would like to hold out hope and live with a bit of positivity. To be honest its not that hard a sell for DCE. Lets list the pros and Cons of each club.
Manly
Pro - GOAT halfback and immortal as his personal tutor
- a team that would be centred around him
- If the dollars match it cancels out the titans pro
- House already here and settled with friends
- His missus's family is here
- Potentially more of his mates signing
- Rebuilding team with a bunch of good young kids, chance to build a new culture
- Bozo is also the Australian selector, keeping him happy is in DCEs best interests
- Greater access to TPA and future media career
- Terrific club history and connections
Con - Uncertainty around coach
- Potentially one person DCE doesn't get on with (only there for 2 more years tops)
- Initial bad blood (although largely a product of the situation his manager put him in)

Titans
Pro - Big dollars
- Rebuilding team
- NRL backed
- Coach signed for several years
- Several promising players
Cons - They are losing half their forward pack
- His mate nate will be going even if not to us
- likely to be several years of pain before being a contender
- Largely irrelevant with no club history and weak supporter base
- No access to fox media career
- Away from his missus family and friends and his friends
- Moving away from the house they recently built and having to start again
- Potentially irritating Bozo putting Ben hunt in the box seat for Australia
- No GOAT tutor

For me the decision would be easy and not because I bleed maroon and white. Provided the dollars come close.

All the Pro's and Con's were the same when he made his decision and I have heard nothing 2 suggest (other than a couple of puff pieces in a newspaper) he has or is going 2 change his mind.

lurker

Beaver lover
All the Pro's and Con's were the same when he made his decision and I have heard nothing 2 suggest (other than a couple of puff pieces in a newspaper) he has or is going 2 change his mind.
I think his decision was a knee jerk to the offer being pulled. I don't think he really thought it through. Nor do I think he expected myles to not have his contract option taken up. Considering Myles was one of the ones who tried to get him up there. If your mate isn't happy with them and starts bagging them I can't imagine that makes you want to honour your commitment

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Guess one way or the other we will know soon.

Will make Silvertails a little boring though won't it ?

Yup, we'll know.....June...the....something or other. :)

and dce ignored a deadline and ignored it for 48 hours. In effect he pulled his own offer (no innuendo intended)

Last edited:

the mauler

Bencher
With Manly pulling their offer he had no choice but to sign with GC.
Different circumstances now.
Gut feel is that he's not going to backflip because of the media hysteria a few weeks ago.
If that hadn't happened he probably would've stayed.
Time will tell I guess.

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18
15 8 7 -8 18
15 7 8 -47 18