• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My point is that Manly do not have 2 x quality 9s and it heaps the pressure on DCE and Foran. This is why we need to know once and for all if Fainu will be free to play or do we go and get a replacement as this will really help our halves.
Trial is set down in the last week of July, that's this July that is, fingers crossed..lol.

Great point

Both times that DCE lead Queensland to series wins were both heavily against the odds

This sums up the Greatness of DCE
Yeah totally agree, but all they want to talk about was Hunt, Ponga and Carrigan. DCE is such a general and led that team with such calmness. Mostly what Ponga did was off Cherry. I hate QLD but I'm always pleased for him when they win, because he will never get the accolades he deserves ....even from Qlders. If Wally had had the same series as DCE he would have won his own medal and they would have started building his next statue.

Yeah totally agree, but all they want to talk about was Hunt, Ponga and Carrigan. DCE is such a general and led that team with such calmness. Mostly what Ponga did was off Cherry. I hate QLD but I'm always pleased for him when they win, because he will never get the accolades he deserves ....even from Qlders. If Wally had had the same series as DCE he would have won his own medal and they would have started building his next statue.
Dally once again proved that he deserves every dollar he earns

Dally and Schuster will be Manlys Dynamic duo in the halves next year

I just hope Des can get his forwards up or get new forwards that are up for the challenge

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but NRL.com has a team of the Origin series based on fan votes and DCE is halfback with 59% to Cleary's 41% (of a total 11,675 votes).
Jake (10%) also made it as a prop, along with Carrigan (74%)
Of course, as we know, fans know very little about the game, but still it's interesting. If nothing else it may mean Qld fans have finally forgiven him for the backflip!

The comment on DCE:

Halfback: Daly Cherry-Evans

Daly Cherry-Evans has cemented his place as one of Queensland’s best ever halfbacks and captains after masterminding upset series wins in 2020 and 2022. The Manly maestro kicked superbly in Game Three, pinning the Blues deep in their own territory throughout the second half as the underdogs put the bite on their more fancied rivals.

Congrats to DCE.

QLD dont have Keppie, Harper and a few others to worry about. in 2008 I would say that Manly could beat the NSW team at our peak. How times have changed

FullbackBrett Stewart Manly
WingJarryd HayneParramatta
CentreMark GasnierSt George Illawarra
CentreMatt CooperSt George Illawarra
WingAnthony QuinnMelbourne
Five-eighthGreg BirdCronulla
HalfbackPeter WallaceBrisbane
PropBrett WhiteMelbourne
HookerDanny Buderus (c)Newcastle
PropBen CrossNewcastle
Second-rowRyan HoffmanMelbourne
Second-rowWillie MasonRoosters
LockPaul GallenCronulla

I thought DCE stood up last night, I didn't see the great game from him some of you saw. I thought Hunt was the man for qld and maybe that's how slater planned it.

I'd take that sort of game from DCE 3 out of every 5 games or so at the Eagles....would be nice.

DCE had an excellent game. His best in a long time.

It doesn't make all the criticism for his crap performances invalid. It just means that he is capable of cutting the bad habits out of his game.

His passing in particular was a lot simpler last night. When early in the tackle count he mostly caught the ball , he passed it to his outside men. He didn't double pump and run them out of space, and when he ran across the line, it was in the centre of the park with people to pass it to, rather than simply running his centre and winger out of space.

QLD's forwards won that match last night. Absolutely suffocated the life out of the NSW attack. It's maddening that they engaged in the kind of holding down that would unleash a torrent of 6 agains if it happened in a regular NRL match, but until NSW learn to respond in kind they will lose these matches no matter how much better the team is as a whole.

DCE was good but he was good behind a pack that allowed him to be good.
Well how about the NRL follow its own fuking rules then and officiate all games the same way instead of this bullsh*t manufactured WWF sh*t we get served up week after week. The sport is rapidly losing any credibility the way it's presented.

Congrats to DCE.

QLD dont have Keppie, Harper and a few others to worry about. in 2008 I would say that Manly could beat the NSW team at our peak. How times have changed

FullbackBrett StewartManly
WingJarryd HayneParramatta
CentreMark GasnierSt George Illawarra
CentreMatt CooperSt George Illawarra
WingAnthony QuinnMelbourne
Five-eighthGreg BirdCronulla
HalfbackPeter WallaceBrisbane
PropBrett WhiteMelbourne
HookerDanny Buderus (c)Newcastle
PropBen CrossNewcastle
Second-rowRyan HoffmanMelbourne
Second-rowWillie MasonRoosters
LockPaul GallenCronulla

Damn, what did they expect with that halves pairing???

And why can’t he lead us with the same calmness? I really want to know. Can only play a controlled game with top class players around him?

I thought DCE stood up last night, I didn't see the great game from him some of you saw. I thought Hunt was the man for qld and maybe that's how slater planned it.

I'd take that sort of game from DCE 3 out of every 5 games or so at the Eagles....would be nice.
Hunt? Seriously? Apart from the 40/20 & try he lost the ball 3 times at crucial moments & missed tackles. Yes he was good but nowhere near DCE's input.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6