• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So... did we keep the right half?
giphy.gif

So pleased for DCE. He's had so many detractors over the years, but in my mind he has always been something special. Just hope he and Jake are OK for Saturday, even if for half a game. And personally I think he's worth every cent Manly paid for him. Imagine if we had kept Foran instead..

So pleased for DCE. He's had so many detractors over the years, but in my mind he has always been something special. Just hope he and Jake are OK for Saturday, even if for half a game. And personally I think he's worth every cent Manly paid for him. Imagine if we had kept Foran instead..
Yeah, but it should never have gotten to the stage where he had to leave

Whatever people think about Slater. He has been the one Qld legend that has been vocal in his support of DCE. I like him for that..

He was the only one on the Nein post commentary desk that singled out Chez's remarkable performance after a leg operation lay off for 5 weeks.

Then Gus tried to jump on the bandwagon but kept mispronouncing his name.
It got so bad that the others said 'just call him DCE' :fubar:

Whatever people think about Slater. He has been the one Qld legend that has been vocal in his support of DCE. I like him for that..
I've mentioned this previously but my cousin (who currently works for NRL) a few years ago met Slater in the course of some TV multi-sport best athlete promotion, and he was not only the best athlete but impressed her as a real down to earth country boy, no big head, no airs and graces. I unequivocally respect her opinion so I've always looked at him a bit differently to some here.
Not too many non-Manly ex-players I respect (!) but Billy supporting DCE this way certainly brings him in to that select group.

And since we're mentioning JT in this thread, how funny was it seeing him fluff the three lines he had to remember for the Aboriginal Welcome to Country.

Like his NRL career its very apparent that his media career has gone on for one year too long.

State of origin player rating: 0/10

Manly Daily

An Immortal’s praise for Daly
image.ashx

Daly Cherry-Evans calls the shots for his Queensland side in Wednesday’s opening State of Origin game. Picture; Adam Head

RUGBY league Immortal Bob Fulton has praised the game management of Daly Cherry-Evans in Wednesday’s opening State of Origin game saying it was a crucial factor in Queensland’s win.

“I couldn’t have been more impressed with the way he played not only from an individual viewpoint but a team viewpoint, his leadership and controlling of the game,” Fulton told Blindside.

He said the way Queensland fought back from their 8-0 halftime deficit spoke volumes for Cherry-Evans’ leadership in his first game as Queensland skipper.

“Think about how much pressure was on that bloke on the biggest stage and he managed the game,” he said.

Fulton said Wednesday also proved once and for all that Daly Cherry-Evans is the ultimate professional with the work he did to get himself game ready after suffering a syndesmosis injury.

“A lot of people said he wouldn’t be right for Origin,” Fulton said.

“But he went out and basically produced an eight out of 10 performance in both attack and defence.”

Fulton was instrumental in getting Cherry-Evans to stay with Manly when he was close to joining Gold Coast and while there was some drama at the time, it has proved an astute decision.

He has taken his game to the next level with the Sea Eagles and now in Origin.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6