• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
Fox sports made the point that manly losing every week wont help our chances keeping DCE.

That said the titans arnt a whole lot better. If he is looking for the chance to be a leader in rebuilding a team, then he should stay, we are far better resourced once we have a full roster.

If you don't rate JT you obviously know nothing about the game. IMO JT is the best player in the game, certainly better then Cronk. DCE is not in the same class as JT or Cronk yet but its hard when he has not had an opportunity to play behind a decent forward pack each week. The fact he has been able to shine behind our reserve grade forward pack speak volumes for his potential.
I have stated a millions times the halves have not been performing as well as possible due a lack of punch size speed and aggression in the forwards so what is your point.

For you to say DCE has been able to shine behind a reserve grade forward pack are you kidding me----he has hardly been setting the world on fire in the last year and a half at all showing how much a decent pack or at the very least an effective average pack creates a platform any half can work off.

The better halves take advantage of a decent platform and put on more points that is the only difference.

I don't care what other peoples opinions are on Thurston, I don't rate his skillset plain and simple----always rated his will to win and leadership in "the regular season" games, finals time he gets shown up for his limitations over and over again.

killerspud

Reserve Grader
Fox sports made the point that manly losing every week wont help our chances keeping DCE.

That said the titans arnt a whole lot better. If he is looking for the chance to be a leader in rebuilding a team, then he should stay, we are far better resourced once we have a full roster.
DCE's misses does not want to leave the northern beaches. DCE has not denied the rumours. DCE is not concerned about manlys form he is hurting more than anything and wants to be there to get them out of the s*** unlike Foz who doesn't seem to care to much..that is my perspective,DCE might get myles to manly and possibly sway lussick back...im happy with that.

Mavin

Bencher
I love conspiracy theories and hate Zorba but it is laughable 2 suggest that zorba leaked a story about a potential backflip if there was no potential backflip.

Can't have it both way's DCE was either going 2 backflip and zorba leaked it (because he hates him) to scuttle it or he wasn't going 2 backflip.

DCE's mum is strange 2 say the least.

Zorba leaked a story that wasn't a story 2 get rid of a player he hates who is already going yep that makes sense.

Ripper

Reserve Grader
Look, there are plenty of reasons to stay...and plenty of reasons why he won't. We need a couple of forwards...his mate myles might be one. He stays, then the chances of getting another increase. You can't tell me that he wouldn't realise that. But he goes to the gc and the uncertainty is far greater. He goes, then for me I dont think he has thought it through well enough.

Ripper

Reserve Grader
I love conspiracy theories and hate Zorba but it is laughable 2 suggest that zorba leaked a story about a potential backflip if there was no potential backflip.

Can't have it both way's DCE was either going 2 backflip and zorba leaked it (because he hates him) to scuttle it or he wasn't going 2 backflip.

DCE's mum is strange 2 say the least.

Zorba leaked a story that wasn't a story 2 get rid of a player he hates who is already going yep that makes sense.
Correct, you know what they say.....common sense isn't common.

Mavin

Bencher
DCE's camp are just looking silly if they keep on blaming the club (like his mum is) it just doesn't add up.

So according to the story his mum is telling DCE isn't backflipping and Manly (zorba) leaked it because he hates him. How could he leak a story if according 2 her it isn't a story and no discussions have taken place. Zorba just guessed?

Zorba may hate him Zorba seems 2 hate a lot of people but why would he leak a story (that according 2 DCE's mum) isn't a story when DCE is already leaving which according 2 her he (zorba) wants.

Zorba also leaks 2 the telegraph not Erin Molan on channel 9

I see it like this.

1)Manly have nothing to lose so offer the three Titans players (including DCE) ridiculous overs in the hope they snag one two or three---at the same time driving up prices to hurt Titans no matter what.

2)Orr and DCE don't really have to say anything----just sit back and see how it all unfolds can only be positive so why get involved in the debate. Orr goes back to Manly to keep all options open doesn't have to mean anything(newspaper spin in most part and Orr playing it up for what it is worth without instigating it)

3) Why would DCE not want to be the face of Rugby League(he loves the attention) in such a large populated growth area---able to stand out more from being just another great player in the Sydney market.

4) Yeah the demographics/perception on the GC may not yet be attractive to corporate interest but it is growing and being seen less as a retirement village.

5)To be seen as the saviour and growth of Rugby League on the GC can leave him a bigger lasting legacy than being a great half at Manly.

6)He might have some reservations over leaving(who wouldn't have reservations living in such a great area to bring up well rounded responsible children) but It will mainly be all about the money to entice him back and financial security that is not 3rd party based.

Mavin

Bencher
I see it like this.

1)Manly have nothing to lose so offer the three Titans players (including DCE) ridiculous overs in the hope they snag one two or three---at the same time driving up prices to hurt Titans no matter what.

2)Orr and DCE don't really have to say anything----just sit back and see how it all unfolds can only be positive so why get involved in the debate. Orr goes back to Manly to keep all options open doesn't have to mean anything(newspaper spin in most part and Orr playing it up for what it is worth without instigating it)

3) Why would DCE not want to be the face of Rugby League(he loves the attention) in such a large populated growth area---able to stand out more from being just another great player in the Sydney market.

4) Yeah the demographics/perception on the GC may not yet be attractive to corporate interest but it is growing and being seen less as a retirement village.

5)To be seen as the saviour and growth of Rugby League on the GC can leave him a bigger lasting legacy than being a great half at Manly.

6)He might have some reservations over leaving(who wouldn't have reservations living in such a great area to bring up well rounded responsible children) but It will mainly be all about the money to entice him back and financial security that is not 3rd party based.

Could be all that but after reading his mums twitter maybe DCE's wife doesn't want 2 be in the same state as her.

Ripper

Reserve Grader
I see it like this.

Name me the biggest star to either come from or be based in the Gold Coast...excluding Gary Ablett.

Name me the biggest star to either come from or be based in the Gold Coast...excluding Gary Ablett.
That is actually the big incentive---to be the first to make a name of himself on the GC is a nice challenge and has the potential for long lasting financial returns in the growth area "IF" he can pull it off.

Yes a big risk but the challenge is there if he wants it---the bigger the risk the bigger the financial rewards.

Ablett was the best player in the game before he arrived so already had a big name---Ablett is not a good example---- DCE is not the best player in the game and still can grow his "Brand".

Ripper

Reserve Grader
That is actually the big incentive---to be the first to make a name of himself on the GC is a nice challenge and has the potential for long lasting financial returns in the growth area "IF" he can pull it off.

Yes a big risk but the challenge is there if he wants it---the bigger the risk the bigger the financial rewards.
I don't agree that the gc is a place to grow a brand...especially for a rugby league perspective...history tells us that. The risk outweighs the potential for a negative result.

Ripper

Reserve Grader
Ablett was the best player in the game before he arrived so already had a big name---Ablett is not a good example---- DCE is not the best player in the game and still can grow his "Brand".
I'm not using Ablett as an example. I'm saying outside of Ablett who has either become a start or enhanced themselves on the Gold Coast. My point being, I don't think he will be doing himself any favours by going there to "enhance his brand".

I don't agree that the gc is a place to grow a brand...especially for a rugby league perspective...history tells us that. The risk outweighs the potential for a negative result.
Look at Canberra for example---at the time not considered a great place to "enhance a brand or make a name for yourself" look at the lasting legacy of all the players who were part of the Green Machine and put Canberra on the map beyond "Politics", these players still have employment opportunities based off this legacy from two decades ago.

Ripper

Reserve Grader
Look at Canberra for example---at the time not considered a great place to "enhance a brand or make a name for yourself" look at the lasting legacy of all the players who were part of the Green Machine and put Canberra on the map beyond "Politics", these players still have employment opportunities based off this legacy from two decades ago.
Yeah, that happened 20 years ago. Who has done the same since?

SwornEagle

Reserve Grader
That wasn't one player, it was a number of great young players that started in Canberra and stayed for their throughout their careers, plus the coach.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
14 8 6 60 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
13 7 6 -55 18