• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Diverging to cricket, my personal opinion about the Australian side is that we are damned lucky to have such an outstanding bowling group.

Our batting is the worst I've seen since the split with World Series Cricket. Usman is the only true test batsman there, though S. Marsh has improved in recent years and now deserves his place. Finch is not a test batsman, nor is Hanscomb. Harris is making a reasonable start to test cricket but I'd have Bancroft (unavailable obviously), Renshaw (out of form), and of course Warner (unavailable) before him. Head seems to be the selectors favourite son in recent years and he is the only batsman so far to average 40 in this series, but even he I feel is not as good as Kurt Patterson, who seems to be ignored even despite being one of the few present Australian batsmen with a first class average over 40.

But gone are the days when Australia regularly scored 400+ per innings on Australian soil. We've only just got over 300 once this series. As India gets used to Australian conditions, I'm worried Australia may lose this series.

Diverging to cricket, my personal opinion about the Australian side is that we are damned lucky to have such an outstanding bowling group.

Our batting is the worst I've seen since the split with World Series Cricket. Usman is the only true test batsman there, though S. Marsh has improved in recent years and now deserves his place. Finch is not a test batsman, nor is Hanscomb. Harris is making a reasonable start to test cricket but I'd have Bancroft (unavailable obviously), Renshaw (out of form), and of course Warner (unavailable) before him. Head seems to be the selectors favourite son in recent years and he is the only batsman so far to average 40 in this series, but even he I feel is not as good as Kurt Patterson, who seems to be ignored even despite being one of the few present Australian batsmen with a first class average over 40.

But gone are the days when Australia regularly scored 400+ per innings on Australian soil. We've only just got over 300 once this series. As India gets used to Australian conditions, I'm worried Australia may lose this series.

The bans will be over in March but I don't think Smith or Warner will be guaranteed a spot.
Warner is apparently hated by the bowling group for throwing them under the bus in SA, and from what I've heard Smith is suffering from severe depression.
So I'd drop finch or bat him in middle order and marsh would be out altogether, this is a very young side but one toward the future.

1. Renshaw
2. Harris
3. Kawaja
4. Patterson
5. Head
6. Stoinis
7. Paine
8. Lyon
9. Starc
10. Cummins
11. Hazelwood

The bans will be over in March but I don't think Smith or Warner will be guaranteed a spot.
Warner is apparently hated by the bowling group for throwing them under the bus in SA, and from what I've heard Smith is suffering from severe depression.
So I'd drop finch or bat him in middle order and marsh would be out altogether, this is a very young side but one toward the future.

1. Renshaw
2. Harris
3. Kawaja
4. Patterson
5. Head
6. Stoinis
7. Paine
8. Lyon
9. Starc
10. Cummins
11. Hazelwood

I'd have Henriques before Stoinis. Henriques at first class level averages 34.49 with the bat and 32.01 with the ball. Stoinis is 33.61 with the bat and 42.38 with the ball. But again selectors have Stoinis as a favourite lad so he would be preferred.

1. Renshaw
2. Harris
3. Kawaja
4. Patterson
5. Head
6. Stoinis
7. Paine
8. Lyon
9. Starc
10. Cummins
11. Hazelwood
No one seems to be mentioning the best performed opener in Australian domestic cricket for the past two years - Daniel Hughes. I've watched this guy bat at grade level and knew he had ability. He has scored well for NSW in the past two seasons, and this year averages 46. While he also opens for the Sydney Sixes in hit-and-giggle and does well he is a 'proper' batsman best suited to red ball cricket.
The only potential negative is that he is yet another left-hander. It should be the biggest conundrum in Australian cricket: why are so many leading batsman left handed?

I truly feel sorry for these guys with multi million dollar mansions and model wives. Davy was probably thinking "how good is life! I get to play cricket with a bunch of NT legends in between fishing and mud crabs and making love to my hot triathlete wife"

Life could be worse

Sorry to go back to this for a moment, however.....

As Michael Slater and Damien Fleming said quite a few times in commentary during the Indian series, there was a time not so long ago in Australian cricket where a batsman wouldn't even be considered for the national side unless they were scoring 1,000 runs a season and averaging at least 40-50 in Shield cricket. Now most of our top order are barely averaging 30 in Shield before they are put into the test side and its showing against teams like India who have a good bowling attack.

Bowling aside, and even that isn't as good as it should be, our current test team is just about the weakest we've ever had, not just in my lifetime. Even the mid-80s sides that were getting their butt's handed to them by the Poms and Windies would wipe the floor with today's lot.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8