The boring non-Manly Final series 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Manly-Warringah: 8 first grade titles in 69 seasons, averaging a premiership every 8.625 seasons.

Riffsters: 2 first grade titles in 52 years (an underwhelming one per every 26 seasons), despite a leagues club bigger than some suburbs and junior league numbers bigger than the vast bulk of towns across the state.

Well done Phil. Well done Riffsters.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
A fair result but that Cronulla side would be a better prospect with Maloney still in it methinks.
Think you're right EDT.
And as @HappilyManly said they seemed like they were ignoring him.
He actually just said on MMM when asked if the team would be going away together that no some of them are doing their own thing before the interview broke down due to 'technical difficulties'...

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly-Warringah: 8 first grade titles in 69 seasons, averaging a premiership every 8.625 seasons.

Riffsters: 2 first grade titles in 52 years (an underwhelming one per every 26 seasons), despite a leagues club bigger than some suburbs and junior league numbers bigger than the vast bulk of towns across the state.

Sharks strike rate .... 1 in 50.

Harvies elbow

2017 Tipping Competitor

Boncos in the last 10 years?

HoldenV8

Journey Man
For all the talk in previous years about the NRL regaining control of the draw from this year, they are still bowing to the wants of their broadcast benefactors, Nein specifically.

How else do they explain this......

Next Friday will be the Melbourne Storm home Prelim Final. Next Friday will also have Richmond playing their AFL Prelim at the MCG. There is nothing in Melbourne next Saturday because the other AFL Prelim is in Perth.

Other than the chance for higher television ratings, why would you put the NRL game directly up against the AFL? Play Melbourne on Saturday night and the Chooks game on Friday. No clashes, no excuses.

Bums on seats don't seem to matter so long as the television ratings are good.

This is telling. All 3 Finals played in Sydney so far have combined for a total attendance of 60,097. Both of last weeks AFL Finals at the MCG drew over 31,000 more on their own.

Last edited:

StuBoot

Bencher
Which makes a mockery of turdles big stadium policy.

Yep.
All depends on what teams are playing and where.
Look at tonight’s match, how long would it take to get there and back from The Shire or Penrith regardless of whether you drove or caught public transport.
Last week had Roosters at home, Storm at home, Broncos at home and Panthers at....Homebush.
And they wonder why they’re not sellouts in Sydney.
Ever heard of flexibility Toddles?

HoldenV8

Journey Man
The problem is that Greenturd and his minions at the NRL have looked at the AFL's stadium model for Melbourne, seen how much money they make from it and have decided that's what they want for the NRL in Sydney.

What they have completely failed to take into account is that league fans in Sydney are a different breed to Aussie rules fans in Melbourne. Time and time and time again, the fans in Sydney have voted with their feet. They want suburban grounds and don't care for the stadiums. OK for things like Origin or the Grand Final, but not most other games. Yet the NRL continues to ignore the bleeding obvious.

All the NRL see's is money. Punters like us don't matter to them.

Pablo

Bencher
The problem is that Greenturd and his minions at the NRL have looked at the AFL's stadium model for Melbourne, seen how much money they make from it and have decided that's what they want for the NRL in Sydney.

What they have completely failed to take into account is that league fans in Sydney are a different breed to Aussie rules fans in Melbourne. Time and time and time again, the fans in Sydney have voted with their feet. They want suburban grounds and don't care for the stadiums. OK for things like Origin or the Grand Final, but not most other games. Yet the NRL continues to ignore the bleeding obvious.

The NRL is offering every man and his dog free tickets to the souffs/Saints game. So if it's still a **** crowd then they literally can't even get people interested for free!

Harvies elbow

2017 Tipping Competitor

I have never been to Melbourne and I hope I never do but people who have tell me how easy it is to drive or catch public transport to the city and how easy it is to get out of the stadiums and precincts.
The NRL proves it don't give a flying by putting on a game at 6pm on a Friday night.
Interestingly the networks hate the empty stadia look too.
Hopefully they can pressure them because the pissants will cave in to them.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
The NRL is offering every man and his dog free tickets to the souffs/Saints game. So if it's still a **** crowd then they literally can't even get people interested for free!

I still say they should take a page for the Adelaide 36ers (NBL) playbook.

About 5 or 6 years ago, the 36ers were struggling to half fill their 8,000 seat arena. So, the 36ers lowered ticket prices. Instead of $25 for an adult for a general admin ticket (less for concession card holders and children under 16), they started charging a flat general admin rate of $10 for a seat for selected games. $10 for an adult, $10 for concession and $10 for kids. And about 6,000 of the venue's 8,000 seats are general admin.

It worked and within a few games the 36ers went from averaging about 4,000 for a home game to averaging up over 7,000 and in some cases they even got sellouts which had not happened since the club was winning championships in the early 2000s. And they weren't losing money because even though ticket prices were lower, they were getting the same or more money as before because the attendances were much higher. And that also had the affect on there being a much better atmosphere at games because believe me (living in Adelaide I've been to many 36ers games), even in an arena that only seats 8,000, when its half full the atmosphere can be almost dead, especially if the home side is losing.

Lowering ticket prices does work.

Class of 96

Bencher
I still say they should take a page for the Adelaide 36ers (NBL) playbook.

About 5 or 6 years ago, the 36ers were struggling to half fill their 8,000 seat arena. So, the 36ers lowered ticket prices. Instead of $25 for an adult for a general admin ticket (less for concession card holders and children under 16), they started charging a flat general admin rate of $10 for a seat for selected games. $10 for an adult, $10 for concession and $10 for kids. And about 6,000 of the venue's 8,000 seats are general admin.

It worked and within a few games the 36ers went from averaging about 4,000 for a home game to averaging up over 7,000 and in some cases they even got sellouts which had not happened since the club was winning championships in the early 2000s. And they weren't losing money because even though ticket prices were lower, they were getting the same or more money as before because the attendances were much higher. And that also had the affect on there being a much better atmosphere at games because believe me (living in Adelaide I've been to many 36ers games), even in an arena that only seats 8,000, when its half full the atmosphere can be almost dead, especially if the home side is losing.

Lowering ticket prices does work.

And may I add to your most excellent post V8, aside from the bigger crowds that will generate as much if not more revenue, there is also an upsurge in ancillary revenue, such as f&b sales and merchandise, and it becomes more appealing to sponsors.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
And may I add to your most excellent post V8, aside from the bigger crowds that will generate as much if not more revenue, there is also an upsurge in ancillary revenue, such as f&b sales and merchandise, and it becomes more appealing to sponsors.

And I am sure most of us would agree.....full or nearly full venues makes it much better for even the television viewer. We've all watched games on TV where even though the game itself might be a great one, if there is a crowd hardly worth mentioning it can take away from the game itself. And its a much better look as you say for sponsors to see high attendances even at smaller suburban grounds like Brookie rather than 65,000 empty seats at a venue like ANZ.

Especially in Sydney, the NRL is struggling to draw a crowd right now for almost anything other than Origin or the Grand Final. And the NRL are a lot to blame for that not only with things like high prices, how the game is being run and officiated, but they have also allowed the situation where its more attractive to the fans to stay home and watch on television. They need to do a lot more to attract fans back to games and lowering prices, ticket and other, would go a long way to doing that.

If you want crowds to go to football games, you don't charge more than the punters can afford. And you don't put in a blanket policy of playing the games where the fans don't want to go.

Last edited:

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
And I am sure most of us would agree.....full or nearly full venues makes it much better for even the television viewer.
i am a televiojsn viewew (not angaging spellcheck at prestrt n due to to ime of day and other factros) and stuff us television vieweers
The product is wathcable or no-one would wathc nj tv or at th ground
we want to watch bu the produc tis beig diluted /corrupted by Greenberg/Whats-hisface's kow-towing to teh medioa
the chair of the RL siad on fo x the other day that ecxpansion depends on teh tv networks
I'v ehear many (one or two0 Silvertaqs posters threatedn to canel their member shkp iod Cartwright is coach or is TGWH is rleeasesed or various scenarios, bu t for me, I will give up on rubguy leagfuie wheh n they statrtt checking fans speling

EDIT - clearly I meant to say:
I am (more usually) a television viewer and stuff us television viewers
The product is watchable or no-one would watch it on tv or at the ground
We want to watch but the product is being diluted /corrupted by Greenberg/Whats-hisface's (still can't recall that guy's name) kow-towing to the media.
The chair of the RL (that's the guy) said on Fox the other day that expansion depends on the TV networks
I'v heard many (probably more than one or two) Silvertail posters threaten to cancel their memberships if Cartwright is coach or if TGWH is released, or in various other scenarios, but for me, I forget what I was going to say right now

Last edited:

HoldenV8

Journey Man
i am a televiojsn viewew (not angaging spellcheck at prestrt n due to to ime of day and other factros) and stuff us television vieweers
The product is wathcable or no-one would wathc nj tv or at th ground
we want to watch bu the produc tis beig diluted /corrupted by Greenberg/Whats-hisface's kow-towing to teh medioa
the chair of the RL siad on fo x the other day that ecxpansion depends on teh tv networks
I'v ehear many (one or two0 Silvertaqs posters threatedn to canel their member shkp iod Cartwright is coach or is TGWH is rleeasesed or various scenarios, bu t for me, I will give up on rubguy leagfuie wheh n they statrtt checking fans speling

In English please :p

Nah seriously, I get your point mate and you're not wrong.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18