The boring non-Manly Final series 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...ec08ede3102be8fbcb9?__twitter_impression=true

Following the game, the NRL sent out an email to members with information for the next round of sudden-death games.

While the details for Cronulla and Penrith’s semi-final were correct, the email had South Sydney taking on the Broncos at ANZ Stadium.

The stuff-up wasn’t received well by the Red V faithful who took screenshots of the email and posted it to social media on Sunday night.

----
Greenturd's on top of it - 3/4 correct Teams is a pass :confused:

Didn't they also release a poster of the finals with the warriors player in a NZ jersey?

Yes they did.

Goodness, this administration is just total rubbish. I mean really. Total rubbish. Can't even say amateurish as many amateur organisations don't screw up as much as these goblins do.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Close but no cigar....Brilliant Broncos Emerge As The Team To Beat...
Rikki-Lee Arnold, The Courier-Mail
September 9, 2018 6:41pm
Subscriber only
THE Broncos have emerged as the new NRLW favourites, after a thrilling debut saw them claim a commanding 30-4 win over the Dragons in their inaugural match.

With a strong crowd of 18,853 by fulltime at Suncorp Stadium, the Broncos created history with the runaway victory and stamped their authority as massive contenders for the first women’s premiership.

Ahead of the start of the NRLW on Saturday, the Sydney Roosters were the easy favourites.

But their upset 10-4 loss at the hands of the Warriors opened the door for another team to take that mantle and the Broncos responded in fine form yesterday.

They are now the team to beat.

Funny but I watched the chan 7 news up here last night , had the Donkeys won it would have been the lead story of the night and lasted 10 minutes but nope it was some house fire.

Then , MUCH later we got to Sport and what did they lead with , you guessed it the female Donkeys and their incredible win over the miserable St George Dragons and how 19,000 people watched.

Only then was the main game mentioned , and briefly at that!!

PS: I also read that the Donkey Girls have 16 of their 17 that have played for Australia or New Zealand compared to St Merge who just picked 17 girls from their area.

Obviously no salary cap to worry about for the girls either!!

Last edited:

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yep, same old same old.

Nothing changes does it?

Was reading something that suggests the NRLW salary cap is very limited ( not surprising really for year 1 and 4 games) but the Donkeys stumped up many more thousands to ensure they had the best to win the inaugural Comp.

davohan123

First Grader
Tipping Member
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...m/news-story/74646fca68d4880bb24cc1cdd1c92cee

The Roosters will have to win their preliminary final next weekend without strike centre Latrell Mitchell, after he was found guilty of his grade one charge for a crusher tackle on Josh Dugan.
The Roosters challenged the charge at the judiciary on Tuesday night, but after 10 minutes of deliberation the panel found him guilty.

In total the hearing took 100 torturous minutes for Roosters fans, with the Roosters challenge dismissed.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
And no Wade Graham for the Sharks plus no Widdop for St Merge.

Injuries , or lack of them may yet decide the Premiership!!

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Sharks and Rabbids gave the mongrel to bash the Scumos and Rorters next week - hope they both win :nod:

The Drags without Widdop can't win 2 more games :shake:

Riff still have a potential fairytale finish but can't wrestle like their next week's opponent :)

Class of 96

Bencher
And no Wade Graham for the Sharks plus no Widdop for St Merge.

Injuries , or lack of them may yet decide the Premiership!!

Reckon Saints are done without Widdop. Surprised Euan Aitken was dropped last week. Guy was brilliant in the early rounds. Wouldn’t mind him if he gets the ****s with Saints.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Some may have seen this, I think it was from yesterday but I just came across it...

Nathan Hindmarsh gave 3 tips for playing in the finals:
1 Play your usual game that's what got you there
2 don't think about past results from earlier in the year, it's a new competition
3 don't come up against a Melbourne Storm team 3 million dollars over the salary cap.

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
Some may have seen this, I think it was from yesterday but I just came across it...

Nathan Hindmarsh gave 3 tips for playing in the finals:
1 Play your usual game that's what got you there
2 don't think about past results from earlier in the year, it's a new competition
3 don't come up against a Melbourne Storm team 3 million dollars over the salary cap.
You have to feel for Hindmarsh there.
For want of a sports analogy....
"There are two teams out there; one is trying to play cricket and the other is not." - Bill Woodfull

Edit: To win fair, or be denied by the unfair.

Pablo

Bencher
images-27.jpg

Townsend and Moylan?

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Their squad reminds me of how we used to be in the not too distant past.

Also... Chad Townsend has turned out to be a very neat little player.

Sharks can bash the Scumos out, I don't see the Riff doing it :nod:

Under 20k crowd by the look of the empty upper and N/S stands :confused:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17