The boring non-Manly Final series 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

HoldenV8

Journey Man
May be I am getting older, but did anyone else think the raised elbow that knock James Graham out, can't just be play on? Nothing mentioned on tv. Players on field didn't crack up. Sims looked like he lined him up and cocked it, to me.?

As The 12th Man's Fatty would have said....

"Out comes the old crowbar and WOOSHKA. Cop that!!"

Go manly

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Watching all they games and taking off my manly goggles and seeing the strength , pace, slickness and speed of the top sides back lines I think they would all have scored at will against us

The way they all moved ,passed , defended was light years ahead of us this year

It makes me sad to think we were once the yard stick of back lines

We have a long way to go and doubt that storm , fucn rabbits , east’s or dragons wound swap any of their backs for ours

Tom included

HoldenV8

Journey Man
We have a long way to go and doubt that storm , fucn rabbits , east’s or dragons wound swap any of their backs for ours

Tom included

Mate, I have to disagree. Most teams in the NRL, even those in the top 8, would love to have Tom or Walks or DCE. Some would even want Brian Kelly.

Turbo could leave Manly and walk into the fullback spot with Melbourne (Slater is retiring remember), Brisbane or Penrith at the very least. And of those like St Merge, Chooks, Souffs and NZ who already have established fullbacks, he'd be put straight into the centres or even on the wing. But they wouldn't say no to him. No NRL club would, especially if it meant possibly getting Jake in a package deal.

Brisbane don't have a true halfback and would love to have Cherry. Bellamy would jump at the chance of having Munster and DCE as his halves. Souffs would love to have him next to Reynolds. Cronulla would probably drop Townsend in a heartbeat for him. Even the Chooks would have him seeing as Cronk is confirmed to only have one more season.

And Walker? Every team in the top 8 this year would take him in the blink of an eye if they could. When he's on form he's arguably the best centre in the NRL. The problem for us is that without a 5/8, and with Barrett consigning Hodko to the bench as a backup hooker, we were playing him out of position.

So don't kid yourself mate that no Manly player would be wanted by any top 8 team. And most of the bottom 8 would sell their grandmother to get DCE or Tom or Walks in their sides.

Last edited:

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The way they all moved ,passed , defended was light years ahead of us this year
I agree - yet don't forget there were times this season when we more than matched strides with some of those teams.
Such a close comp, only 2 points separated the top 8 teams, and even the difference between top and bottom teams, while large, may not require too much tweaking to redress (if I am being optimistic!)
(OK, OK... very optimistic)

Bencher
chokers.jpg

HappilyManly

Journey Man
https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...ec08ede3102be8fbcb9?__twitter_impression=true

Following the game, the NRL sent out an email to members with information for the next round of sudden-death games.

While the details for Cronulla and Penrith’s semi-final were correct, the email had South Sydney taking on the Broncos at ANZ Stadium.

The stuff-up wasn’t received well by the Red V faithful who took screenshots of the email and posted it to social media on Sunday night.

----
Greenturd's on top of it - 3/4 correct Teams is a pass :confused:

Bencher
https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...ec08ede3102be8fbcb9?__twitter_impression=true

Following the game, the NRL sent out an email to members with information for the next round of sudden-death games.

While the details for Cronulla and Penrith’s semi-final were correct, the email had South Sydney taking on the Broncos at ANZ Stadium.

The stuff-up wasn’t received well by the Red V faithful who took screenshots of the email and posted it to social media on Sunday night.

----
Greenturd's on top of it - 3/4 correct Teams is a pass :confused:

Deadset, the NRL couldn't run a chook raffle, couldn't get a lap dance in a Gladstone strip club, with a fist full of $50's

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
That is indeed funny AND shows you how preplanned the competition really is, trouble is someone forgot to inform St Merge.

You can see it now I reckon , Rorters v Scum, Billy Slater wins the Churchill Medal , Gronk announces his immediate retirement and Scam expresses his dying love for Vonnie ........well maybe the last one is far fetched but talk about working to a script!!

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar
Tomorrows Courier Mail headline...Brave Broncos Pipped At The Post.
Close but no cigar....Brilliant Broncos Emerge As The Team To Beat...
Rikki-Lee Arnold, The Courier-Mail
September 9, 2018 6:41pm
Subscriber only
THE Broncos have emerged as the new NRLW favourites, after a thrilling debut saw them claim a commanding 30-4 win over the Dragons in their inaugural match.

With a strong crowd of 18,853 by fulltime at Suncorp Stadium, the Broncos created history with the runaway victory and stamped their authority as massive contenders for the first women’s premiership.

Ahead of the start of the NRLW on Saturday, the Sydney Roosters were the easy favourites.

But their upset 10-4 loss at the hands of the Warriors opened the door for another team to take that mantle and the Broncos responded in fine form yesterday.

They are now the team to beat.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 69 16
12 7 5 135 14
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14