The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ha ha, so why should he get picked
Blokes like you who bet each way crack me up!
Let’s pick a prodigious talent and debut him when he is not match fit....too funny for words

My friend why dont you see what I said in context instead of having fun interpreting the way you want to see it. My comment is clearly explaining that we cant expect miracles especially given his lack of match fitness. That in no way means he shouldnt play, it is just stating that is a further inhibiting factor he had going against him for his first match. That was unavoidable given the fact the Reggies aren't there. That's not his fault, it is just a fact.

Should he play? Of course. What are we going to do, wait for the Reggies to appear again. That may not happen until mid 2021, when hopefully vaccines arrive, because they probably wont start the Reggies until this Covid issue is addressed. Of course if it goes on for a few years we could still be saying he's not match fit when he's 30. The risk had to be taken and now that he's played, so he's had the first bit of match practise. Please dont interpret what I say to suit your agenda or I'll come back at you in a manner that wont be this palatable.

My friend why dont you see what I said in context instead of having fun interpreting the way you want to see it. My comment is clearly explaining that we cant expect miracles especially given his lack of match fitness. That in no way means he shouldnt play, it is just stating that is a further inhibiting factor he had going against him for his first match. That was unavoidable given the fact the Reggies aren't there. That's not his fault, it is just a fact.

Should he play? Of course. What are we going to do, wait for the Reggies to appear again. That may not happen until mid 2021, when hopefully vaccines arrive, because they probably wont start the Reggies until this Covid issue is addressed. Of course if it goes on for a few years we could still be saying he's not match fit when he's 30. The risk had to be taken and now that he's played, so he's had the first bit of match practise. Please dont interpret what I say to suit your agenda or I'll come back at you in a manner that wont be this palatable.

He was not ready for his debut...period!
And you coming back at me will be the least of my concern.
Your on a fan site dishing out an opinion, that’s all.
Less palatable ha ha, have a cup of cocoa and put yourself to bed legend

Worth persisting with but $250K is about right.Long way from polished product yet,lot harder against adults,issue I see is that he was reported to have a bit of toe...not seeing that and don't know if he would be better at fullback.
Funa was great at fullback,got caught out once which led to a try but good under the ball,did not get pushed around,defended well,looks sharp and good footwork,lacks a yard of pace to be really good but doubt Albert is the answer...
I can see why des was hesitant to debut him. He didn’t seem awfully quick.

Where's his manager Susan?

He will be better for the run but is clearly unfit and has been impacted by the lack of second grade this season. Not sure what position he's going to play unless his fitness was why he was a bit slower.
I’m here.Just drove 300k to watch it actually.

Anyone who judges a kid on one game is an absolute fool.Against a fast red hot combination who has been smashing teams for months.I expected us to get flogged.
Same rubbish about Funa. Anyone who couldn’t see a future in that kid today despite some errors is similarly not watching.Kids make errors. That how they learn. Funa will play centre full time for us next year.

Souths 56 Manly 16 when Hoppa didn’t play last week against a weaker side.The side you suggested were easy beats and we would replace in the eight.

And now HEs a failure lol . 56 last week and we made a huge error playing him despite conceding 26 LESS points in what was still a very average performance.

It’s about the future. Youve been in here telling us for weeks we’ll win six straight with Garrick and co and Dessy providing a masterclass in coaching and make the eight with our easy draw.Hows that working out ?

That my friend is a far more ludicrous suggestion than giving a young bloke a crack in first grade.Hell get a lot better with experience , he’ll keep making errors as all kids do and this will be a very different conversation in twelve months.Lets revisit it then when anyone with a single idea about football would start to make an assessment . One f... ing game. Geez.

PS my first game live this year. I’m a DCE fan and have been for a long time but we have some serious issues with him. His head is not in the game despite his great skills. Albert is the least of our concerns.

Last edited:
Leave Hoppa in there for the rest of the season. Leave Funa. Even consider bringing in more youngsters who are considered as future potentials. Nothing to lose now, but getting valuable game time in their legs, especially as the four teams we have coming up for the rest of the season.
I agree. He needs the experience. Will be better for it

Leave Hoppa in there for the rest of the season. Leave Funa. Even consider bringing in more youngsters who are considered as future potentials. Nothing to lose now, but getting valuable game time in their legs, especially as the four teams we have coming up for the rest of the season.
I’d rather win a few games..

I’m here. Anyone who judges a kid on one game is an absolute fool.Against a fast red hot combination who has been smashing teams for months.

Souths 56 Manly 16 when he didn’t play last week
against a weaker side.

And now HEs a failure
It’s about the future. You r been in here telling us for weeks we’ll win six straight with Garrick and co and make the eight.

That my friend is a far more ludicrous suggestion than giving a you g bloke a crack in first grade.

Yep as I said I certainly don't think that his future is reflected in the performance or outcome today. But he wasn't fit enough for NRL level.

I’d rather win a few games..
I just really can't see too much joy in watching this current hobbled together cluster f$#k fall over the line once or twice more for the sake of having a few more wins. I'd much rather see us experimenting and looking at aspects that build us towards next season. Not saying I enjoy watching us lose games, but just looking at the bigger picture.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8