The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Completely agree... but where is he going to get match fitness?

Definetly hard this season but I'd say training. If you train and work hard enough its hard to be denied a spot in a team ravaged by injury. I suspect some of the other players Des was criticised for selecting before him were in better condition until injury finally forced his hand. Not being critical of Hoppa, its hard to get back after all those injuries and with limited footy and then add coronavirus.

Definetly hard this season but I'd say training. If you train and work hard enough its hard to be denied a spot in a team ravaged by injury. I suspect some of the other players Des was criticised for selecting before him were in better condition until injury finally forced his hand. Not being critical of Hoppa, its hard to get back after all those injuries and with limited footy and then add coronavirus.
Yep, fair enough. I really have no idea where he was at with his training in relation to other options.

Match fitness is a dirrerent level. Its hard to imitate at training. Games are the only way. And again there is a big jump from CC TO NRL fitness

Did you see any today.
Of course. There are other players who can come into the team such as Haumole & Schuster. Regular players like Thompson, Sironen, Croker have offered very little this year.

Edit: without Fainu and no new blood (from within or without), I can't see the team improving a lot next year. And, unfortunately, there is no guarantee that Turbo will play a full season.

Completely agree... but where is he going to get match fitness?
Point is... People have basically been stoning Des for weeks because he wasn’t playing the “once in a generation” talent. This afternoon we may have seen why. That’s the basic crux of it.

Go back and reread the dribble which has been posted about length of the field tries, better than Bradman Best ability, and blinding speed..

His debut wasn’t terrible by any means. Just nowhere near the level predicted by the “we know better than the coach” oracles on here.

Remember... Des was gonna look the fool when Albert carved up for the Warriors with his pace etc... Well, not so much. The kid will be better for the run, just a real shame NSW Cup has been cancelled.

Point is... People have basically been stoning Des for weeks because he wasn’t playing the “once in a generation” talent. This afternoon we may have seen why. That’s the basic crux of it.

Go back and reread the dribble which has been posted about length of the field tries, better than Bradman Best ability, and blinding speed..

His debut wasn’t terrible by any means. Just nowhere near the level predicted by the “we know better than the coach” oracles on here.

Remember... Des was gonna look the fool when Albert carved up for the Warriors with his pace etc... Well, not so much. The kid will be better for the run, just a real shame NSW Cup has been cancelled.
Good post, accurate for ST

Yeah, well aware of the unrealistic hype around the kid... nevertheless, I'm happy to see him play and continue for the remaining games to give him some experience.

Yeah that’s it... we would of Berns so much better with Hopoate at FB... he’s so fast. FMD... you lot are hilarious.
Even twent knows to play guys in their position KW... your hero has screwed us royally with sh*t team selections and no game plan... 2 from 10 now but still better than Twent? YOU are the hilarious one coz you are happy to defend mediocrity because Des has a good record...

Yeah. Happy to see him debut, and will only get better. Strong kid.
God you are confused... you have your hero Des at the helm but we are as bad as we were with Barrett and maybe worse... at least he tried something new tonight but it took 7 losses in 9 weeks and a bunch of injuries to force his hand..

Ha ha, so why should he get picked
Blokes like you who bet each way crack me up!
Let’s pick a prodigious talent and debut him when he is not match fit....too funny for words
Because we had NOTHING to lose... sadly, they actually played better today than in heaps of the games over the last 9 weeks...

Yep, young Hoppa was bent over with his hands on his knees after just about every time he got involved today, even in the first 10 minutes. Ready for FG? Not even close.
Fair point you make in the conditioning of Alberts fitness.

I thought Donny and Des would have the non injured players firing and ready to go for when an opportunity presents itself.

Yes, they actually showed some intent for a change...absolutely nothing to do with young Hoppa's contribution. But hey, don't let the truth get in the way.
I didnt say it was... I just said changes were made and the effort was better... mind you, the only player dropped was Guac who has been one of our best...
who would think that holding blokes accountable might raise the effort levels!
Embarrassing that we have trotted out the same side each week despite 2 months of flogging...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8