The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1597579294883.png

Hoppa Snr might be a d*ck but he is still entitled to be proud of his son... Hoppa Snr didnt sign off on the loan, Des did...

agree, Would have been amazing for it to be a Manly jumper.

Fcuk Des, Fcuk Manly.

Another one that Manly has lost

agree, Would have been amazing for it to be a Manly jumper.

Fcuk Des, Fcuk Manly.

Another one that Manly has lost.
Gotta say that I don't buy into the whole "f*ck the hopoates" BS... John had/has issues no doubt and Jamil made mistakes (but no more so than young Mr Fainu) but Will has always been an excellent player, an outstanding clubman and generally just a bloody good human being... still irritates me that he plays for dogs cause he looked like the next Killer for us pre-mission...

It’s honestly baffling. I still can’t grasp the fact of loaning him out at this point in time.
I would understand it if we had players in front of him and we just wanted him to go play for nz and get some nrl experience under his belt for a month, get a feel for it and then come back to Manly and know what to expect. But we could do with him.

On the other hand if he is leaving at the end of this season to go to another club it also makes zero sense to loan him out and benefit the Warriors this year and then also the club whom he is going to next year by having some nrl experience under his belt.

Theres 100 different reasons and scenarios why this is played out and only Des knows. But it’s one of the biggest mysteries.

Maybe the issue is he wants to be a fullback and we have a certain someone he knows he won't displace.... May not just be about money. If the dogs offer him same money but a fullback position.. he may just go

My criticism is about his ability to manage and control games on a consistent regular basis. This is an important role that in my opinion, he is lacking in. Even with all those horrible lapses in concentration and self-sabotaging mistakes from various players today, I believe we should be able to rely on DCE to play his role, to put in a decent kicking game and manage the game much better than what he did. And it is the inconsistency in this particular aspect of his game that draws the criticism and frustrations

What you are saying is that we need an effective ball playing distributer and that is often left to either half, like Joey Johns or five eighth like Cliff Lyons. DCE is not that sort of half and you cant teach that type of play, its a natural skill. What DCE does is very effective if he has a 5/8 who helps control play. Unfortunately I think Cust is like DCE. He could develop into a top line attacking/defending half or 5/8 but he's not the answer in setting the backline up.

DCE or Cust, which ever you have at half need a play maker/distributer and the only player I can see with that skill at Manly is Schuster. Schuster, alongside DCE or Cust would set a decent back line alight. At present its a pedestrian backline, but its also hampered by a lack of a play maker. Consequently we are seeing very few tries from the full back and three quarters. This is why I keep pushing for Schuster at 5/8.

What you are saying is that we need an effective ball playing distributer and that is often left to either half, like Joey Johns or five eighth like Cliff Lyons. DCE is not that sort of half and you cant teach that type of play, its a natural skill. What DCE does is very effective if he has a 5/8 who helps control play. Unfortunately I think Cust is like DCE. He could develop into a top line attacking/defending half or 5/8 but he's not the answer in setting the backline up.

DCE or Cust, which ever you have at half need a play maker/distributer and the only player I can see with that skill at Manly is Schuster. Schuster, alongside DCE or Cust would set a decent back line alight. At present its a pedestrian backline, but its also hampered by a lack of a play maker. Consequently we are seeing very few tries from the full back and three quarters. This is why I keep pushing for Schuster at 5/8.
Without a real 6, we are no hope of winning a comp.
Think Killer and Foran...they played direct and set a platform of opportunity. DCE would kill it with this type of assistance.
Maybe a 2 year deal for Foran is not the worst idea. Without the histrionics of those questioning his body and mind (which I share)
He would be a perfect fit. He is still playing great footy too

Afternoon All,

There is an impasse with the young man and his management who, for reasons best known to my client who is acting for another club extremely interested in the young man, it appears that the young man is of the opinion that his "future worth" is nowhere near commensurate to the offer served to his management team by Manly Warringah.

The team is NOT represented by a mascot of the four legged variety, coincidentally they are targeting a half, a prop and a centre, all from the ONE club, I digress, the team interested has told the young man that he needs "match fitness" to prove to them his ability and confirm, to the best Football Director in the game at present (a Manly Warringah alumnus), their "potential."

The sheer irony of this offer is the club in question, has a fullback in great form and that position isn't being "offered" as "bait".

The young man's representative team contacted the Club to let them know of the intention to walk away because he "deserves" to be selected only to be told his training activity is "just there" and that didn't sit too well with his representative team who, to my absolute and sheer amazement informed the Club that he will show his worth "on the park".

The "Football Gods" came forward and the altar of opportunity offered the young man a chance when the Warriors came knocking very late last night requesting a four to six week loan.

An undertaking was provided by the young man's representative early this morning, that the Club will have the last right of refusal on any contract offer made to the young man (by any club including the Warriors) as well as the loan being for four weeks only, not six as sought by the Warriors.

The Club has offered a package is close to a quarter-of-a million dollars but that was knocked back as being "well short".

It would appear that this is now merely an exercise in valuing the intangible that is "talent" so the Club is very interested to see how he performs.

Perhaps the young man can crystallise the "intangible" and provide the real value that he and his family seek.

I firmly believe there are two quotes from Tom Landry that are, somwehat, indicative of this situation:

"A coach is someone who tells you what you don't want to hear, who has you see what you don't want to see, so you can be who you have always known you could be."

"The quality of a man's life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence."

As always... GO THE MIGHTY SEA EAGLES!

1 Manly offers $250k
2 Hoppa says not enough
3 Dogs interested but need on field proof
4 Not getting a start at Manly, Warriors offer loan deal
5 Manly help the bloke out and agree

Think I got it.

After developing the guy for years including standing by him during long term injuries and agreeing to loan I think Manly has done the right thing by the bloke. If he wants to go to the dogs after all that then that's fine too.

1 Manly offers $250k
2 Hoppa says not enough
3 Dogs interested but need on field proof
4 Not getting a start at Manly, Warriors offer loan deal
5 Manly help the bloke out and agree

Think I got it.

After developing the guy for years including standing by him during long term injuries and agreeing to loan I think Manly has done the right thing by the bloke. If he wants to go to the dogs after all that then that's fine too.
I thought it was storm that wanted him?

I thought it was storm that wanted him?

Nup Barrett.
A fullback - Hoppa
A half - Metcalf
A prop - Paseka- even mentioned in his weekend interview.

They even drop Dallin on the weekend to try and get him to go to another club.

That would be wonderful to lose these 3. NOT.

My understanding was it's that Barrett wants Hoppa and also three from Panthers, is the suggestion. So maybe Tamou/Hetherington, Burton and one of their many strong fast outside backs ... I could be way off

My understanding was it's that Barrett wants Hoppa and also three from Panthers, is the suggestion. So maybe Tamou/Hetherington, Burton and one of their many strong fast outside backs ... I could be way off

Can we have Burton. He is a young gun. Des probably thinks too young.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4