The block of cheese!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Billion , I love that word

The School of the Ruthless Manly God father God bless his Manly premiership winning soul

If you cant beat them . Raid them and Buy them
There was no salary cap back in the days when Arko was signing up quality players. He wasn't cheating anyone or breaking any rules.

There was no salary cap back in the days when Arko was signing up quality players. He wasn't cheating anyone or breaking any rules.
Arko never broke rules when he broke all the other clubs hearts when Manly ruled as the Greatest club

. Arko made the most of our clubs resources that all the Manly smart people at the club acquired

Bellamy might put him out there as an interchange battering ram all year, put lots of miles on his clock.
Bellamy is a smart professional and he knows that every one has to look after their own financial affairs

He also knows to get the best out of his players on the field he needs to treat them right off it

Smith will have a big year in his last year with the club that made him who he is and made him what he will earn $

Smith will want to go out as a winner with the Strom

Just seems an issue and area that current and previous N R L administrations do not want to go to or extensively scrutinize .Plenty of obvious instances where there must have been or still are some discrepancies with stated cap guidelines but again just not prepared to intervene . Bronco "s Thoroughbreds dubious arrangements , purported Cowboy's and Eels sus player contract deals with real estate , sure that there are many other instances apart from the Storm 's [ or some ] also dubious arrangements . And yet the big kerfuffle with Gifty 's late Manly career deal . Rorters out rorting the Storm , some irony there

Ahh yes.

Consistency is over-rated.

Or was that a Greenburg rule?
One of Greenburg's pathetic fall back lines . Standards or acceptable N R L standards certainly went backwards during his tenure , many times he didn 't even have to try that hard and apart from his blatant anti Manly attitude .

Arko never broke rules when he broke all the other clubs hearts when Manly ruled as the Greatest club

. Arko made the most of our clubs resources that all the Manly smart people at the club acquired

We also had Kerry Packer bank rolling us.
That certainly helped and put us ahead financially above almost every other club.
We weren't called the Silvertails for nothing.

We need another billionaire benefactor that luvs Manly.

So much for the fury and you gotta love the "taken out of context" claim.

Brandon Smith will see out the final year of his contract with Melbourne after issuing an apology in which he claimed he never meant to “disrespect” the club.

Smith will join the Roosters after his current contract expires at the end of next season, going back on his word that he would give the Storm a final chance to pitch a contract extension.

Storm powerbrokers were so incensed with Smith’s conduct - which included publicly shopping himself up the eastern seaboard and then extolling the virtues of the Roosters after a meeting with coach Trent Robinson - that they considered cutting ties immediately.

However, the parties have agreed he will remain in the purple jersey until the end of 2022.

“Recent comments made by Brandon in a podcast, and the way he expressed them, do not align with Storm’s values and the way we operate as a club,” said Storm CEO Justin Rodski.

“The statements have deeply offended current and former players, coaches, staff and board members and the club strongly rejects the comments made about the Storm culture.

“We acknowledge Brandon’s apology made on social media today and his willingness now to
prepare for the 2022 season with Storm.

“Brandon has every right to explore future opportunities as any player would in his position, and
ultimately we respect his decision to play football elsewhere from 2023.”

His expletive-laden appearance on the YTKR podcast could yet result in sanctions from the NRL. On the podcast, Smith spoke about a supposed drinking culture at the Storm, a comment the premiership-winning hooker claims was taken out of context.

“I want to address current media speculation going on around me at the moment, and specifically my comments on the YTKR podcast,” Smith said in a statement he posted on Instagram on Tuesday.

“Over the past two months, I’ve read multiple headlines about me day in day out, many of which are untrue, and none that came from my mouth directly.

“I done [sic] this podcast for that very reason. To be fully transparent about the process I’ve been going through.

“It’s honestly been really exciting throughout and I’m truly grateful to be in the position I’m in.

“One thing I pride myself on is being myself, and regardless of the backlash I will continue to do so.
“That being said, I do acknowledge and want to apologise for how some of the comments have been received.

“Specifically to the Melbourne Storm, it was never my intent to disrespect the club that has done so much for me and my family. And that goes for my coaches, members, staff and most of all, my teammates.”

The Roosters are unlikely to have the salary cap space to accommodate Smith straight away, which could prompt the clubs to discuss a player swap should the Storm feel it is better for the parties to part company immediately.

Smith said he would continue to speak his mind despite the controversy the podcast caused.
“I speak from the heart - for better or worse sometimes - and I’m sorry if anyone was hurt by my words,” the statement continued.

“But at the end of the day they are my words.

“I specifically also want to address the media honing in on my comments around the Storm culture, and it being framed as a ‘drinking culture’ they have going on down there. Our culture is built on hard work and effort as the main priorities.

“These comments have been taken way out of context, and I emplore [sic] anyone interested in the matter to watch the interview in its entirety before jumping to conclusions.

“This will be the last time I address the comments made on this podcast. My focus is now fully turned to the future with the Melbourne Storm and the amazing opportunities laid before me.

“Whatever happens, I will give 100 per cent. It’s all I know.

“If I’m to be label [sic] a terrible person so be it, if I cuss too much I’m sorry but that is me and I will continue to be me.”

So much for the fury and you gotta love the "taken out of context" claim.

Brandon Smith will see out the final year of his contract with Melbourne after issuing an apology in which he claimed he never meant to “disrespect” the club.

Smith will join the Roosters after his current contract expires at the end of next season, going back on his word that he would give the Storm a final chance to pitch a contract extension.

Storm powerbrokers were so incensed with Smith’s conduct - which included publicly shopping himself up the eastern seaboard and then extolling the virtues of the Roosters after a meeting with coach Trent Robinson - that they considered cutting ties immediately.

However, the parties have agreed he will remain in the purple jersey until the end of 2022.

“Recent comments made by Brandon in a podcast, and the way he expressed them, do not align with Storm’s values and the way we operate as a club,” said Storm CEO Justin Rodski.

“The statements have deeply offended current and former players, coaches, staff and board members and the club strongly rejects the comments made about the Storm culture.

“We acknowledge Brandon’s apology made on social media today and his willingness now to
prepare for the 2022 season with Storm.

“Brandon has every right to explore future opportunities as any player would in his position, and
ultimately we respect his decision to play football elsewhere from 2023.”

His expletive-laden appearance on the YTKR podcast could yet result in sanctions from the NRL. On the podcast, Smith spoke about a supposed drinking culture at the Storm, a comment the premiership-winning hooker claims was taken out of context.

“I want to address current media speculation going on around me at the moment, and specifically my comments on the YTKR podcast,” Smith said in a statement he posted on Instagram on Tuesday.

“Over the past two months, I’ve read multiple headlines about me day in day out, many of which are untrue, and none that came from my mouth directly.

“I done [sic] this podcast for that very reason. To be fully transparent about the process I’ve been going through.

“It’s honestly been really exciting throughout and I’m truly grateful to be in the position I’m in.

“One thing I pride myself on is being myself, and regardless of the backlash I will continue to do so.
“That being said, I do acknowledge and want to apologise for how some of the comments have been received.

“Specifically to the Melbourne Storm, it was never my intent to disrespect the club that has done so much for me and my family. And that goes for my coaches, members, staff and most of all, my teammates.”

The Roosters are unlikely to have the salary cap space to accommodate Smith straight away, which could prompt the clubs to discuss a player swap should the Storm feel it is better for the parties to part company immediately.

Smith said he would continue to speak his mind despite the controversy the podcast caused.
“I speak from the heart - for better or worse sometimes - and I’m sorry if anyone was hurt by my words,” the statement continued.

“But at the end of the day they are my words.

“I specifically also want to address the media honing in on my comments around the Storm culture, and it being framed as a ‘drinking culture’ they have going on down there. Our culture is built on hard work and effort as the main priorities.

“These comments have been taken way out of context, and I emplore [sic] anyone interested in the matter to watch the interview in its entirety before jumping to conclusions.

“This will be the last time I address the comments made on this podcast. My focus is now fully turned to the future with the Melbourne Storm and the amazing opportunities laid before me.

“Whatever happens, I will give 100 per cent. It’s all I know.

“If I’m to be label [sic] a terrible person so be it, if I cuss too much I’m sorry but that is me and I will continue to be me.”
LOLOLOL just shows how desperate that Frankenstein of an organisation is. The guy has just shat all over them publicly but they are so desperate to keep winning that they'll use excuse 101 "taken out of context" to keep the sod around for another 12 months. Everything that purple scum club does makes me sick to the stomach.

Storm have run a tight ship for years, wouldn't it be nice if we are witnessing the end of their tainted run of success. One entitled egotist publicly breaking ranks ... a tip of the iceberg moment...
Covid Vaccine GIF by GIPHY News

LOLOLOL just shows how desperate that Frankenstein of an organisation is. The guy has just shat all over them publicly but they are so desperate to keep winning that they'll use excuse 101 "taken out of context" to keep the sod around for another 12 months. Everything that purple scum club does makes me sick to the stomach.
Win at ALL costs regardless of the outcome down there.

We also had Kerry Packer bank rolling us.
That certainly helped and put us ahead financially above almost every other club.
We weren't called the Silvertails for nothing.

We need another billionaire benefactor that luvs Manly.
Thank God for the Passionate Penns

They may not have billions but they have the Passion to Keep Manly viable and stable

Not many Business people invest in footy clubs because it is not a very profitable thing to do and it is a thankless thing to do.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11