The block of cheese!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I
One interesting portion of the article:

There’s a conspiracy theory he wanted to anger the Storm so much that it forced a release from the final year of his contract so he could join the Roosters immediately.

What is more likely is Smith’s comments on the podcast were aimed at certain powerbrokers at the Storm who he believes didn’t treat him with respect when contract negotiations commenced.

Indeed, Smith’s family have angered some Storm officials with remarks made on social media, adding to the tension between club and player.
I don't think it's a conspiracy theory really, I'm 100% certain this happens alot . Sign a player 1 year out, then get said player to say/do something stupid and before you know it, they arrive at their new club 1 year early ..
It happens far too often to be a coincidence... No doubt the kikau dogs jersey pic was leaked for this exact reason... Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him dropped from penny and playing for dogs in 2022

I

I don't think it's a conspiracy theory really, I'm 100% certain this happens alot . Sign a player 1 year out, then get said player to say/do something stupid and before you know it, they arrive at their new club 1 year early ..
It happens far too often to be a coincidence... No doubt the kikau dogs jersey pic was leaked for this exact reason... Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him dropped from penny and playing for dogs in 2022
Of course , it’s never just an “ accident “.

All the clubs, player manager and many players have broken contracts in recent years to join a new club. It’s just the way it is now and it pisses fans off.

Manly are no angels either when you look at Marry, Aloia, Saab and Bullemor, who all left their previous club before the end of their contract.

It’s all about the $$$ for the players and trying to manage the salary cap for clubs, like when we let AFB go and have supposedly also tried to palm Marty off. The clubs and players (and their managers) are all just as culpable as each other.

I seriously could not imagine an employee of mine walking in to my office and telling me they were leaving in 12 months time to join a competitor.

“Thanks so much for your wonderful service while here and I appreciate the early advice however, I think it may be better if you leave now. If you ever want to come back, you’re always welcome and, we’re going to throw you a big farewell party.”

Now, that would only be if I couldn’t match the other offer and I actually did say this to one staff member, who I really valued and I respected his decision, as the competitor doubled his salary (ridiculous). Five years later and he came back working with us. “The money was good and I’ve had four jobs since leaving you and hated them all. Can I come back?” He asked. It wasn’t a money incentive for him to return, while it was money why he left, and I admit I did the same thing when I was his age. He came back for the work life balance and professional development.

However, for some who have left, it’s “pack your bags and piss off now”.

For all, if they want to leave, then leave now and very, very rarely do I vary from that. Sure, we’ll have a farewell party a couple of days later however, I don’t want them associating with my clients anymore and being involved in any new developments or business strategies.

The same from my perspective is for an NRL player. The guy leaving is going to be exposed to all the plays, the strategies etc. Are they going to share it with their new club? Of course they are.

Money isn’t everything however, aside from a business career, where you can have a 40 to 50 year career, or even more, an NRL player has an average career span of less than 5 years (3 to 4 seasons - some a lot more and some a lot less - it’s an average). So yeah, I get the money aspect for NRL players and how they chase it.

Look at Milford, Barba, Norman, Duggan, Taylor et al. One minute they’re earning $1 mill or close to it a year and two years they are struggling to get $120k. Sure, some have stuffed up and yes, it’s a lot of money for the elite.

If they have a manager like JT has, they’ll end up rich however many just “piss it up against the wall”.

Well, to be honest Ron, the word commodity would never have been used to describe a player back in the day. Maybe times have changed.

And, not that I am enamored with the guy, Kikau is copping the bad end of the stick for what happened at the dogs. With the quality of the image released, I have no question believing that it was unknowingly taken from a security camera.
You're right about Kikau, I think that was a Gould special aimed at squaring up with the Panthers over his inglorious exit from the club although I also think it was naive of Kikau not to smell a rat when asked to put the jumper on, also on Kikau, it was only a matter of days before his joining the Dogs that he announced that he had no intention of playing against his current team mates so I was a bit surprised when this signing took place, as for Smith, he's shown himself on every level to be nothing but a lowlife grub, I'm most happy that the bum didn't end up in our colours

It’s mostly just “ money ball” these days.

There’s a few rusted on players to their junior clubs but largely it’s just how much they can earn in the limited time they have.

Commodity sounds like a slab of meat , but largely that’s how they are viewed.
I can understand players looking for the best deal to set themselves up, their playing lifespan is relatively short but it's the way some of these blokes go about it that irks me, I wouldn't want Smith within a bulls roar of Brookvale and sadly his type is becoming the norm rather than the exception these days

Too long a post, I know.

But why would you keep someone who’s mind is potentially somewhere else? Personally, I think it’s too disruptive to the team.

Drop me coach and that’s fine, because I already have another contract anyway.

I just think it’s sending the wrong message to fans and younger players.

You're right about Kikau, I think that was a Gould special aimed at squaring up with the Panthers over his inglorious exit from the club although I also think it was naive of Kikau not to smell a rat when asked to put the jumper on, also on Kikau, it was only a matter of days before his joining the Dogs that he announced that he had no intention of playing against his current team mates so I was a bit surprised when this signing took place, as for Smith, he's shown himself on every level to be nothing but a lowlife grub, I'm most happy that the bum didn't end up in our colours

You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes or Hercule Poirot to figure out who leaked that "photo" of himse...er...Gould, Kikau and Zoolander.

IMO all Cheese has done is proven himself to be a complete goose.

There is being a character and there is being a dickhead. Smith is proving himself as the latter.

I agree @HoldenV8 . He has done a great job recently of proving just how much of a dickhead he actually is. Hectic cheese has definitely devolved into dick cheese since his last game.

Bellamy will keep him playing for the Sunny Coast for 2022. (that’s what I’d do anyway).
i think manly should offer the storm Marty as a swap for smith 2022.
Marty would cover the loss of nelson thr anti vaxer for them and smith could give us more spark until faniu is back in 2023 we all win

Tis a bit dated...

then again, so are most of you us

“Players Swearing Is Disgraceful” Say NRL Journos Watching Their Industry Become Less Relevant Every Minute

In an exclusive report obtained by watching a podcast that they are loath to name in their story, Rupert Murdoch’s NRL journos can confirm that the off-contract Brandon Smith swore 73 whole times in an interview.

That’s right, hold the phone, a Rugby League player swears!

The shocking news that has blown away the sporting world comes after the Melbourne Storm player decided to give an interview to an independent media organisation rather than the Daily Telegraph or Fox League.

the man known as The Cheese has infuriated egotistical NRL journos who now seem to expect every single news story just handed to them by players and clubs.

That expectation is held despite the playing group growing increasingly frustrated with the behaviour of the NRL gossip columnists who seem to push whatever angle suits them to get as many headlines as they can.

However, now that the in-demand hooker has shown that you don’t need to talk to the people who write **** about you, the fearful journos have confirmed that they are going in on him.

Players aren’t allowed to take control of the media narrative and just give scoops to people who don’t work for massive organisations,” explained one of the furious journos.

“Those are our scoops, scoops that should be just given to us, even if we destroy our relationships with the players”

“So we need to hammer The Cheese for swearing to try and make players scared to speak to people who aren’t us”

“Set an example”

“Hopefully the NRL investigation fines him so we can continue this symbiotic relationship.”

The Cheese is a goose but blokes swear.
I never swear around kids or woman but when with the boys a lot of swearing goes on.

Want to see a lot of swearing, head to the Aurora Surry Hills and watch News Limited's finest, I have no idea how some of these high standard moral journos can even walk out of there at times. They make pirates look like amateurs.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2