The block of cheese!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I never heard that Packer bankrolled Manly? It was actually Packer who lured Bobby Fulton to leave Manly and move to Easts.

There's some info about the club's financial history in this thread. It seems the leagues club was our chief financial backer but mismanagement left us vulnerable by the time of the Super League war, during which we possibly spent the last of our reserves in defence of the ARL but were never reimbursed? (I don't have any direct knowledge of all this).
only recall Packer [ Kerry ] offering to bank roll [ or help ] recruit Wally Lewis and Gene Miles at the end of 1986 before the then Q R L boos stepped in with the threat of barring the two from S O O in the short term at least . Mentioned a couple of years ago that glad that did not occur , wouldn 'd have helped Manly 's image at the time and had a good enough side to win in 87 in any case . And yeah . Manly were the only N R L club not to receive any financial assistance during the S L war including the roosters , and yet a couple of season's latter , the Roosters were thriving money wise and Manly on the downhill with the Leagues club starting to struggle financially in the late 90 's or so

Nick Politis and the power at play in Bondi - how the Roosters always get their man​

...."But once again the Roosters prevailed after ‘Uncle Nick’ organised a $30,000 grant for Cronk to apply for a business degree at the prestigious Harvard University."

Yeah. He organised a "grant" from his wallet.

Looks like the Drizzle are still pi$$ed for with the cheese.

Tried to do a swap with the Tigpies for Stefano Utoikamanu which was knocked back.

I’m no fan of Smith,but what about a one year player swap,Smith and Taupau?This would suit both teams needs given the Fainu and NAS situations

I can't believe the level of disrespect these days, Kikau, Smith, none of them show any respect for the clubs who made them the commodity they are, a vastly different world to the one I was born into
Well, to be honest Ron, the word commodity would never have been used to describe a player back in the day. Maybe times have changed.

And, not that I am enamored with the guy, Kikau is copping the bad end of the stick for what happened at the dogs. With the quality of the image released, I have no question believing that it was unknowingly taken from a security camera.

Well, to be honest Ron, the word commodity would never have been used to describe a player back in the day. Maybe times have changed.

And, not that I am enamored with the guy, Kikau is copping the bad end of the stick for what happened at the dogs. With the quality of the image released, I have no question believing that it was unknowingly taken from a security camera.
It’s mostly just “ money ball” these days.

There’s a few rusted on players to their junior clubs but largely it’s just how much they can earn in the limited time they have.

Commodity sounds like a slab of meat , but largely that’s how they are viewed.

I’m no fan of Smith,but what about a one year player swap,Smith and Taupau?This would suit both teams needs given the Fainu and NAS situations
One interesting portion of the article:

There’s a conspiracy theory he wanted to anger the Storm so much that it forced a release from the final year of his contract so he could join the Roosters immediately.

What is more likely is Smith’s comments on the podcast were aimed at certain powerbrokers at the Storm who he believes didn’t treat him with respect when contract negotiations commenced.

Indeed, Smith’s family have angered some Storm officials with remarks made on social media, adding to the tension between club and player.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10