The Ashes 2019 in Eng.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Denly never looked like he was going to hang around and then he wastes a review. What a muppet

This may have been mentioned before in this test,
But
There's a Souffs jersey in the crowd.
Something wrong with these people...

Gazza on fire. He'd love to take this pitch around with him - especially for left handers.

They should let these two hang around and make Anderson run a bit to aggravate that calf.

Anyway 1-0 lead will be gold. We have good record at Lords and our bowlers look good so could be 2-0

Woohoo!

What a great win! It was over before I even woke up. As the stats sat, first in Edgbaston since 2001 and first win since being down after the first innings since 1981. 2005 was the last time Aust led and away series ashes,

Nice

I didn't even get to hear how the crowd were. Knowing England, as long as they sing loud they feel they've won. I've never seen such a collection of morons since souths last made a grand final.

I hope it made good viewing for those that saw it. 9 days till Lords!

This may have been mentioned before in this test,
But
There's a Souffs jersey in the crowd.
Something wrong with these people...

Ugh. Even saw a kid wearing a souths jersey with a Manly scarf at the knights game. Trouble is Vossy made mentioned of it a year or so ago and now it's just encouraged them.

Go Aust!

Just watching some highlights and that pitch looked, er, not so good at the end!

oof!

Pat Cummins became the second quickest Australian fast bowler to take 100 Test wickets, reaching the milestone in his 21st match.

350 Test scalps for the GOAT. He'll soon pass the great DK to go 3rd all time for the Aussies.

I'm loving Cummins, so glad he is back, fit and firing. Great all round bowler and no fluke he has got to 100 wickets so quickly. Imagine what he'd be like had he not had all those early injuries.

We have to have our tails up heading to Lords. Maybe Tugger is the lucky charm - masterstroke by Langer to bring him into the fold - just his mere presence scares the Poms

Great start to the series. Think the Poms have gone back to their mentally fragile state of the past and won’t have much fight left in them.

Well no surprise they dropped Moeen - he was ordinary. Archer for Anderson also makes sense, but will be interested to see if they give him a start or if he carries drinks.

Allegedly the pitch is dry and won't have much in it for the seamers. If that's the case I'd be tempted to go Hazlewood for Pattinson - bowl that Ooh Aah 5th stump line and let the slope do the work for you. Cummins can be the blaster and P Siddy does the heavy lifting. Not a known turning wicket, so not sure if Gazza will play a role

James Pattinson has been rested from the Lord's Ashes Test, leaving Josh Hazlewood in line to make his entry into the series at the venue where he delivered his best spells of the 2015 series.

Australia squad:
Tim Paine (capt & wk), David Warner, Cameron Bancroft,
Usman Khawaja, Steven Smith, Travis Head,
Matthew Wade, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc,
Peter Siddle, Nathan Lyon, Josh Hazlewood.

I’m surprised that they’re dropping (resting) Pattinson, I don’t think any of the bowlers from the first test deserve not to play the second test. Even Siddle, who I’ve never really rated, is playing with such consistency that it’s going to be hard to leave him out for the rest of the series. Who would have thought?! I can understand the Starc omission though.

I can’t wait for tonight. Hopefully Warner and Bancroft get some runs to silence the poms and I’d take another hundred in each innings from smith (or 300 in the first dig if he doesn’t want to bat again in the match).

I must say, I haven’t ‘liked’ an Australian team as much as I like this one in a long time. The work the team has done on restoring its image since South Africa has to be commended. Paine, Lyon and Cummins have done a great job imo.

They are resting Pattinson because the nature of his back injury makes it difficult for him to back up in consecutive tests (despite the reasonable break between these two tests) They are being very conservative with the way they manage his injury recovery by their own admission. Anyway I'm glad Hazlewood is getting a crack (hopefully), I like Josh's work and Lords should suit him.

Be a good toss to win and bat first again, Warner to bash Archer out of the attack and ruin his debut. That'll put pressure on Broad and Woakes again. Don't know much about their left arm ortho

I must say, I haven’t ‘liked’ an Australian team as much as I like this one in a long time. The work the team has done on restoring its image since South Africa has to be commended. Paine, Lyon and Cummins have done a great job imo.

I'm loving the pace quartet of Starc, Cummins, Pattinson and Hazlewood finally getting together and all being fit. They are all special talents and the fact that they have all battled injury at some point for what seems like forever it's great that they are all finally fit. Look forward to the day we name 4 quicks and they all get a game together. Might have to wait for a home summer and a juicy Gabba deck for that one, but it'd be great to throwback to the Windies heyday when there was no respite. I like Paine as a Captain and as a person, but I must admit the rest of the batting line up can be hard to warm to. Smith is obviously a freak, and you can't deny his talent but he's an odd one - I don't dislike him, but his OCD is off putting. I'm not prepared to forgive Warner just yet (still has that bully boy image) and Bancroft just bores me. Usman too inconsistent and the rest are just bit players for the moment - although I can see the benefit in sticking with Head, an Ashes century would do him the world of good. Feel like we need a young gun bat to round out the side, we'll have to see whether Pucovski comes on or we wait for Jason Sangha or Austin Waugh.

Yep frustrating English weather, was really looking forward to this test match kicking off.

That's why we got rid of Lords, always looking out for their own!

Shame.

I wonder if all the rain will change the Aussie line up bowler wise? I read both sides can change their team line up. (I guess, I wonder if England will as well.)

I'm still expecting a tough second test, just like I'm expecting a really tough Bledisloe decider!

Still kinda weird that Eng whine about us being bullies but then refuse to shake hands with us at the start of the series.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4