The Ashes 2019 in Eng.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I feel it is a huge over reaction about Archer and Butler having a laugh about what could have been anything a couple of minutes after the incident occurred and it was clear it wasn’t serious. Have memories of similar stuff from Mitch Johnson over the years

Fox Sports reporting of everything is tabloid and click bait which is flaming a lot of the opinions on things. Is amusing watching them get upset about the Smith boos but the same organisation had no issues telling everyone to get to the grounds and boo the **** out of Broad because he didn’t walk when he hit one

Absolutely blown out of all proportion mate. I remember when Thommo was cleaning them up, he would just say, duck next time ya fat Pommy c^nt!

3-52

Travis head having all sort of problems in his first over against Leach. Hopefully he settles down. Has been sweeping wildly at everything in his first over.

As quoted:

With that Bancroft dismissal, Australia's openers now average 7.75 in the series - that's their lowest in any series in 100 years, and their second-lowest ever in series of two or more matches.

The last 10 runs, 9 have been extras.

Like his occupational namesake, Archer has fired off his last and only arrow in his quiver (bouncer) and has been given a rest.

Broad back on.

Last edited:
3-96 and second slip just dropped an absolute sitter off stokes. Straight into the bread basket and straight back out again.

lol, a commentator just said "can't catch, can't field" when two balls later the shot goes for four on a mis-field

Draw

Stokes man of Match

Can't believe it wasn't archer the way the commentators fawned all over him.

Bloomin' quick though!

Last edited:
Had a feeling that letting Stokes off the hook would bite us. Anyway we hung on for the draw which is fine. Time to regroup. We might be in a bit of trouble if Smith doesn't pass concussion protocol - not many others in that current line up that inspire confidence at the moment. Do they hang onto the sandpaper pair for one more test or do we give Harris a crack ??

I have come to the conclusion that I hope Steve Smith does not play the 3rd test. I find it hard to believe that he will be 100% by Thursday.
Also I hope that it would make some of the other top order put their hand up and make a contribution without Smith in the team.

Ironic Ashes series and the man of the match is a kiwi. The man of the match should have been a West Indian instead!! Just sayin

Also ironic that one of the chants the "Lamey Babies" sing is "Same old Aussies, always cheating"

and yet

England might have voted to get out of Europe, but they couldn’t wait to get their hands on a little slice of Barbados.

Jofra Archer, the once-in-a-generation intimidator threatening to torment Australia into submission, is only lining in the Ashes because England administrators threw out the rule book in a desperate bid to get him in.

Less than nine months before the start of the Ashes, England slashed their eligibility rules from seven years to just three after realising they had the fearsome Barbadian fast bowler at their fingertips.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...m/news-story/8c0c34f6a994011dd9b6ebea736f0bf9

I find it hilarious all the articles about how Archer is going to serve up more bounces etc, it's like we're supposed to believe that somewhere along the way, Aust asked Eng, cap in hand to "pwease don't hurt or widdle bodies and bwee mean."

Like wtf, but I guess for a nation where you get knighted for winning a coin toss, nothing should surprise.

Bring on the third test!

England have a long history of plundering talent from their imperial domain. They have had many Saffers, Aussies, West Indians and Kiwis playing for Old Blighty over the years. Look at their current set up, best player = kiwi, strike bowler = windies, coach = aussie and director of cricket = saffer. The fact that they have shortened eligibility rules does not surprise me

Smith being ruled out is a big blow. Who is going to anchor the batting now ?? Watching Bancroft bat is painful, Warner horribly out of touch, Khawaja inconsistent and prone to mental lapses. I hope the middle order of Head, Wade and Paine can steady the ship.

Eng win the toss and choose to Field.

2-75 at the moment. A couple of stoppages in play due to the weather.

Khawaja and Harris both failed with scores of 8

Not a big thing but Aust taking quick singles and I think that's led to overthrows. Twice Eng have thrown widly and the ball has gone for four runs (so 5 total).

Aust's 100 is up (noice)

50 for Warner.

Seems like only boundaries now!

2 - 120

Warner gone, caught for 61 by obviously the greatest bowler ever to hurl a red bowl in the history of the universe and multiverses until the end of time...Archer.

3-136

Head bowled for a DUCK as it's only the ASHES and its 4-138

Wade bowled for a DUCK as it's only the ASHES and its 5-139 (archer)

And.... Oops. Glad to see everyone standing up as Smith isn't playing.

Good bowling by England now. Broad and Archer certainly doing better than the last two.

3 wickets in 3 overs!

Last edited:
Marcus Labuschangne has a half century. (on the plus side).

2 overs without a wicket, come back is on!

Must be fun trying to bat in darkness. Light metres broken?

Last edited:
PoisedScornfulDeermouse-size_restricted.gif
PoisedScornfulDeermouse-size_restricted.gif

I thought Archer was over rated in his big bash stints, but he has proven himself now and I can’t remember the last time a bowler completely cooked the heads of an Australian batting lineup

Was surprised to see 60 for Warner, I saw a few overs at the start and Broad had him looking like a number 11, he was bowling beautifully

Nice start to day two. Need to stay patient...
Woo hoo . as I'm typing Stokes gone... you beauty. 4 for 34... Go boys... Yes

OMG, all out for 67? Just woke up and will look forward to seeing those highlights!

3-82 so far in reply, what is wrong with our openers?

@Clint Aust's good luck charm!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7