The Ashes 2019 in Eng.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What a shame the weather is going to ruin this test. Good decision by Paine to bowl - these first innings wickets give us a big mental edge for the rest of the series. They seem to have some good plans for most of their bats. Good confidence boost for our bowlers too to get some cheap scalps

Gawd I can't stand the espn commentary.

Eng could be 9-50 and they'd claim that Aust is faltering and Eng are about to make a comeback.

6-201

7-214

A bit of a waster referral by Woakes. I heard the nick over here!

All gone 258! Bit of a wag at the end. Only a 4 day test though so get a wriggle on!

Gawd I can't stand the espn commentary.

Eng could be 9-50 and they'd claim that Aust is faltering and Eng are about to make a comeback.

6-201

Stumps! 1-30

And to explain my cricinfo post...

There we have it, an absorbing end to a hard-fought day in the dirt. Australia will likely be the happier, having inserted England and dismissed them in good time, though add two wickets to the scorecard (especially is one of them is SPD Smith) and things get interesting...

Aust "likely" though add 2 wickets that haven't fallen on a day not yet played and well then eng and anti-aust anti-aust anti aust etc.

these guys really are ****wits and have been for years.

I think Cricinfo is Indian based isn't it ?? that would explain some of the bias

**** Archer and Butler standing there having a joke laughing as Smith is laying on the turf. ****ers.....Bring on Starc....

^Classy Eng.

2-9 but now letting it get away a bit. 2-52.

Warner dropped a difficult chance, Aust didn't review a lbw that would have been out (hard those ones), a couple of balls falling safely in the field. Things just going Eng's way at the moment. tough cricket.

Of course I was away for 3 mins and those two wickets fell! #curse

Oh **** off and **** me.

After posting the last post about me being a curse and wickets only fall when I'm not watching, I legitimately went, 'Ok, I will go to the toilet so a wicket can fall.'

And a ****ing wicket fell. ****

I wanna see wickets fall, not hear about them! stoooopid austraya

How many catches will Warner drop at first slip before being replaced.

3 so far and yet he stays.

woohoo, I finally get to see a wicket.

Siddle, getting burns caught by paine after taking a caught and bowled the over before.

Steve Smith has no fracture in his arm and is back at the ground, icing the injury. Will bat tomorrow if needed.

Rain, and that's stumps. 4-96

Last edited:
Steve Smith has no fracture in his arm and is back at the ground, icing the injury. Will bat tomorrow if needed.

Rain, and that's stumps. 4-96

Thanks GE. That's great news. I must admit I feared the worst . It did not look good when the physio was out there. I was freaking out when Smith got struck, totally missing his helmet. Had vivid flashbacks to Phillip Hughes. Made me so cranky to see Archer and Butler standing there having a joke, laughing.
I do wonder what it will do to Smith psychologically next time he bats. I would suggest the team psychologist is going to have a busy few days.
Oh and whilst I'm ranting, how's about the English yobbos continuing to boo Smith. Majority of the crowd and members clapped Smith, but a section continues to boo him. I bet some cheered when he got hit. As you said GE "classy England".

Thanks GE. That's great news. I must admit I feared the worst . It did not look good when the physio was out there. I was freaking out when Smith got struck, totally missing his helmet. Had vivid flashbacks to Phillip Hughes. Made me so cranky to see Archer and Butler standing there having a joke, laughing.
I do wonder what it will do to Smith psychologically next time he bats. I would suggest the team psychologist is going to have a busy few days.
Oh and whilst I'm ranting, how's about the English yobbos continuing to boo Smith. Majority of the crowd and members clapped Smith, but a section continues to boo him. I bet some cheered when he got hit. As you said GE "classy England".

I missed the hit on Smith but I reckon most of us would have felt sick. Kinda hoped he got his hundred when he came back on. (So does he I guess). I'm think he should be ok psychologically as he has already returned, hit a couple of boundaries, etc.

To try and 'enhance my calm' (demolition man) I'll say that maybe the poms knew he was ok so they felt they could have a giggle.

the other part of me hopes that the favour gets returned (but wothout the ball into the head) - maybe a few sore ribs and fingers.

Has turned out to be an interesting match after all - either team can still force a result with some good bowling. Dropped catches have cost us a fair bit this match, and giving a guy like Stokes a life or two is madness - he is the one guy who can snatch this game from our grasp. Warner just looks consistently too deep at first slip - move up a metre and back your reflexes

Smith will be Ok, not a good look but as Pattinson said, he may have "put a bit of mayo on it".

I missed the hit on Smith but I reckon most of us would have felt sick. Kinda hoped he got his hundred when he came back on. (So does he I guess). I'm think he should be ok psychologically as he has already returned, hit a couple of boundaries, etc.

To try and 'enhance my calm' (demolition man) I'll say that maybe the poms knew he was ok so they felt they could have a giggle.

the other part of me hopes that the favour gets returned (but wothout the ball into the head) - maybe a few sore ribs and fingers.
Exactly GE. I felt sick. I was ranting about Archer and Butler to my wife (she is a psychologist ).
She was saying that is how some people convey their fears. Sometimes they don't know how to react so they smile or laugh. I'm still not convinced. If Archer sought out Smith to enquire as to his well being I can forgive, but until then the jury's still out for mine.
Good to see the pommy crowd coping a pasting in the media for their booing when Smith returned to the crease.

Exactly GE. I felt sick. I was ranting about Archer and Butler to my wife (she is a psychologist ).
She was saying that is how some people convey their fears. Sometimes they don't know how to react so they smile or laugh. I'm still not convinced. If Archer sought out Smith to enquire as to his well being I can forgive, but until then the jury's still out for mine.
Good to see the pommy crowd coping a pasting in the media for their booing when Smith returned to the crease.

Yup, haven't seen all of the fallout but saw a replay (on abc.net) and saw everyone but archer run in and show concern as he strutted back to the bowlers end and eventually strolled down towards smith showing no concern at all.

I hope he is smashed out of the second innings. then he can do he 'hey everyone I am such a barbados dewd, look at me strut' all the way to the nearest hospital. what a wanker.

edit: Better ask your wife not to analyse that, lol.

edit edit: Psssssh Bull!

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...y/news-story/8e87daabeb710278568cc7692d6ce71a

(sounds like your wife is right!)

Last edited:
The only opinion on Archers reaction to hitting Smith that matters is that of Smith himself. No one could know what was being said out there before, during or after the blow.

I feel it is a huge over reaction about Archer and Butler having a laugh about what could have been anything a couple of minutes after the incident occurred and it was clear it wasn’t serious. Have memories of similar stuff from Mitch Johnson over the years

Fox Sports reporting of everything is tabloid and click bait which is flaming a lot of the opinions on things. Is amusing watching them get upset about the Smith boos but the same organisation had no issues telling everyone to get to the grounds and boo the **** out of Broad because he didn’t walk when he hit one

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8