That time of year, your NSW Blues team!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Needs more fullbacks.

It's a bit of a laugh when seemingly the best centre we can come up with is Campbell Graham (who has never passed a footy in his career), and he is picked as a waterboy anyway.

Looking at the side selected I think Fittler might be......Forwards would go alright if it was reffed like an NRL game.Think NSW might be bashed out of the game if it is reffed like an Origin game.
Why the hell do NSW name their side before QLD names theirs?Allows them to make any adjustments to selections based on what NSW do....Unfair advantage or just effing dumb.

It should be mandated by the NRL.

Each team list should have to drop at the same time

Also, is my memory playing tricks or did Freddy give Turbo a licence to roam a bit last year ... didn't he turn up on the opposite side a few times ? .. something I don't think he would get at centre ... maybe? Possibly? .
Shame he didn’t turn up anywhere yesterday.

Alls I know if I was a selector is I’d be getting as many Panthers players in there. They don’t know what losing is. Their familiar combinations will work. Cleary and Luai for sure. Yeo, Api, Liam Martin, To’o, Chriton. Burton on the bench.

So it’s Townsville

Call me biased but that will mean two years in a row QLD will get to play two games at home!!

That’s just BULL****
So next year you know will never happen but we should Nsw get 2 home games then!!

such a shame if the series is over before game 3.

can you imagine how playing at Townsville and Suncorp is going to under the new rules. One love tap from us high and sent off.

this a huge advantage to QLD now.

Our players won’t be backing up in our Friday night game against the cowboys.

play Wednesday night, chartered flight Thursday and play again Friday I don’t think so at home.

the cowboys unless we get a lot of troops back are going to be very hard to beat.

origin period is going to kill us this year.

Origin 2021: Almost half of the Maroons side to face NSW were born outside of Queensland

Queensland has been pinching, pilfering and calling star players their own – no matter where they were born – since Origin began way back in 1980. This year they’ve taken it to a new level.

Port Moresby, that’s in Queensland; Sydney - that’s in Queensland; Gisborne – that’s in Queensland; Orange – that’s in Queensland; Auckland – that’s in Queensland and Christchurch, yep, that too is in Queensland.

Just when it appeared Queensland may have ingested some much-needed morality, the deceitful Maroons have been sprung again by picking a sham playing squad.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal that seven players - nearly half the Maroons side - were born outside of their beloved Queensland.

Welcome once again to the United Nations of Queensland.

Xavier Coates was born in Port Moresby, PNG; Christian Welch (Sydney, NSW), Joe Ofahengaue (Auckland, New Zealand), Tino Fa‘asuamaleaui (Orange, NSW), Felise Kaufusi (Auckland, New Zealand), Jaydn Su’A (Christchurch, NZ) and Moeaki Fotuaika (Gisborne, NZ).

woot!

Our players won’t be backing up in our Friday night game against the cowboys.

play Wednesday night, chartered flight Thursday and play again Friday I don’t think so at home.

the cowboys unless we get a lot of troops back are going to be very hard to beat.

origin period is going to kill us this year.
I hope not mate but I’m starting to think the same. Mind you Tgey say backing up two days later is better than on the weekend. I can’t imagine Tom will play but dce and Jake will if not hurt

The Blues have all positions covered in case of injury. Fittler plans to use Wighton as a running backrower from the bench. However, if a back is injured, Wighton can cover five eighth & centre. If a winger or the fullback is injured, one of the centres will cover. If the halfback or dummy half is injured, Luai can cover both positions. If two backs are injured, Murray can cover in the centres. Several of the forwards can play edge or middle, so no problems there.

In comparison, the Maroons have much less flexibility. Capewell, usually a backrower, will probably be selected as a starting centre. If Brimson is fit, he will likely be the bench utility & expected to cover positions 1-7 & 9! If he is unfit, it seems Mahoney will be recalled, or else a new player drafted into the squad. This is the original squad: 2021 State of Origin: Maroons

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4