That time of year, your NSW Blues team!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lattrine will be in the centres, and Wighton will be in the side somewhere , either 5/8th instead of Luai, or at centre with Turbo to the wing instead of To'o ...
Probably but I haven't been overly impressed with his form and would have Luai in front of him at 6...

Turbo is absolutely wasted on the wing imo and needs to be closer in where he is ball handling....

I would be happy with Wighton in the 4 with Latrine playing left right out...

Fisher Harris is a must for me

Pappy if fit

maybe only player struggling with form is big Papa but he’ll be there.

Unfortunately, Papenhuyzen has already been ruled out & Fisher-Harris is a Kiwi

Papalii is suspended, unavailable for Origin One. Qld may still have the edge in the forwards, though. NSW will be missing some backrowers, so maybe Murray, Yeo or Finucane will be selected in that position or else a debutante like Martin or TPJ.

The Blues strength is their backline. I have a feeling Freddy won't blood new backs in Game One and and will retain players who've performed well in the past, e.g. Tupou on the wing & Wighton at five eighth.

Interesting question: To'o has been playing extremely well for the Panthers, but would Sea Eagles supporters prefer him over Saab in our side?

Last edited:
Probably but I haven't been overly impressed with his form and would have Luai in front of him at 6...

Turbo is absolutely wasted on the wing imo and needs to be closer in where he is ball handling....

Agree , but I was saying what I think Freddy will do ... not should do ..

Interesting question: To'o has been playing extremely well for the Panthers, but would Sea Eagles supporters prefer him over Saab in our side?
Not if Saab holds his current form - i am not saying he is better atm but he sure is on an upwards spiral...

However I could see DCE as our goal kicker if Brian became available... @:D

Papalii is suspended, unavailable a for Origin One. Qld may still have the edge in the forwards, though. NSW will be missing some backrowers, so maybe Murray, Yeo or Finucane will be selected in that position or else a debutante like Martin or TPJ.

The Blues strength is their backline. I have a feeling Freddy won't blood new backs in Game One and and will retain players who've performed well in the past, e.g. Tupou on the wing & Wighton at five eighth.

To answer your question as a sea eagles supporter, no thank you, very happy to sick with Saab, the potential and up side is what’s so exciting.

Funny discussion. To’o is in irresistible form and the better player right now but I wouldn’t swap Saab for anyone, has quickly become a favourite. For me there’s no better sight than him and Turbo accelerating into open space.

Also, is my memory playing tricks or did Freddy give Turbo a licence to roam a bit last year ... didn't he turn up on the opposite side a few times ? .. something I don't think he would get at centre ... maybe? Possibly? .

Also, is my memory playing tricks or did Freddy give Turbo a licence to roam a bit last year ... didn't he turn up on the opposite side a few times ? .. something I don't think he would get at centre ... maybe? Possibly? .
Turbo definitely had that licence when he played wing in 2018, but also to an extent when he played centre in 2019 - remember the try he scored out leaping the fullback (Ponga?) on the left side of the field in Perth in 2019?

Yeah I saw a quote from him the other day saying Turbo would play a "fullback-type" role - whatever that means...

I imagine he will be roaming around behind the ruck when NSW has the ball and trying to capitalise on tired forwards/markers...

Seems more achievable from centre than wing tho doesnt it? Unless he is solely playing wing in defence and Latrine/Wighton would push to the wing in attack?

I’m surprised Chricton from Penrith isn’t being spoken about more. I’d have him and Latrine in the centres, and Tom on the wing with a license to roam.

I’m surprised Chricton from Penrith isn’t being spoken about more.
Playing either fullback or right centre he hasn't shone as much in attack as last year (when was on the left with Luai). However, in the Panthers' games I've watched, his defence has been very strong.

I like both teams named above BUT How the hell does Frizell keep making rep teams? Sorry, I must be watching a different game. He's a good 1st grader but that's about it! Time to move on from him. I'd have Davey, Olakau-atu and Schuster all ahead of him for a backrow spot! And that's just from Manly. Frizell is about the 12th best backrower the blues could pick.
Tell me about it, never understood the obsession with frizell

It's a shame Injuries have ruined pappenhuyzens chance at a run on spot..
Alot of ppl have him on the bench, but the first 5 weeks of the comp he was the form fullback hands down .. the way he single handedly destroyed the Broncos was up their with Tommy's dominant game... Those 2 lads are head and shoulders above the rest imo... Teddy will get the 1 out of loyalty and the fact he's playing "ok" but you could name paps or tom at 1 and i wouldnt bat an eyelid

Papalii is suspended, unavailable for Origin One. Qld may still have the edge in the forwards, though. NSW will be missing some backrowers, so maybe Murray, Yeo or Finucane will be selected in that position or else a debutante like Martin or TPJ.

Couldn't we have both??

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8