Taupau on the move ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That would be me Ryan I'm not embarrassed to say I was wrong. I would say the great changes the club has made in the off season has changed Marty's mind, but yes I was wrong. I'm glad you didn't take me up on the bet :D
In this case mate, not being harsh, kinda glad you were wrong. Love the player, the man, the professionalism, the culture he brings. Everything.

Not surprised Des put him straight into the leadership group.

No matter buddy, kudos for being a man.
It was all journo bullh!t anyways... he was never going anywhere.
Something we both wholeheartedly agree on, that's for sure.

P.S. I'm over the other bitch session we are having. You win, I won't go on about Suli. He'll either prove me right (which would kind of suck), or he'll kill it, and make me look like a fool, but is win in that scenario for me anyways, because we'll be being successful.

Marty looks to be back on deck down at Narrabeen early for pre-season testing (video of him on Sea Eagles twitter). Great to see the big fella ripping in early - Bodes well for his increased role as a leader within the group.

Marty looks to be back on deck down at Narrabeen early for pre-season testing (video of him on Sea Eagles twitter). Great to see the big fella ripping in early - Bodes well for his increased role as a leader within the group.
Not surprised. The man does nothing in half's.

Marty Taupau filthy at suggestion Manly were pushing him to Sydney Roosters
Marty Taupau has never had any intention of leaving Manly, which is why the Sea Eagles enforcer took speculation that he was being pushed to the Sydney Roosters personally.

Dean Ritchie, The Daily Telegraph
Subscriber only
|
28 minutes ago

Manly enforcer Marty Taupau claimed he felt like a “zoo animal” when secretly shopped around by the Sea Eagles last year.

While under contract last season at Brookvale, speculation increased that Taupau would be pushed from Manly mid-contract to the Sydney Roosters.

Taupau said this week he had no intention of leaving Manly and was angry at the suggestions.

The Kiwi front-rower comes off contract after next season but is a free agent to negotiate with rival clubs from November 1.

Pressed on whether he had a desire to re-sign with Manly, Taupau said: “One hundred per cent. It’s the same thing with what happened last year when I was showcased around like a zoo animal, when I wasn’t going anywhere.

“There is a huge desire to stay here at Manly.”

Settled and in career-best form under new coach Des Hasler, Taupau took a swipe at social media posts stating he wanted to leave Manly last year.

“The zoo animal is me, let’s clarify that…and the patrons were on social media,” he said.

“Ideally in a perfect world (he would re-sign before November 1) but I don’t know.

“You (the media) just brought it up. I haven’t thought about it because I’m not going anywhere.

“It’s still a couple of months away but I’m not going anywhere. I know you’ll quote me on that.

“I’m not really thinking anything. You just brought it up then so I can’t really form an opinion in five seconds. I’ll just do my footy and enjoy life.”

Sources close to Manly suggested Taupau was shopped around last year. It wasn’t Taupau or his management who wanted an early release, more Manly’s coaching staff.

Insiders claimed it may have been a member of then coach Trent Barrett’s coaching staff that had made contact with rivals clubs.

Taupau now appears to be “rock solid” at Manly now under Hasler.

There is a strong feel that the ever-loyal Hasler will want to resign Taupau for another two to three years.

One well-placed source said: “I know there was some consternation last year but I don’t think there is any under Des’ watch.

“The club was shopping him around last year. It wasn’t coming from Marty. I think you’ll find it was someone from Trent’s staff.”

Taupau and fellow prop Addin Fonua-Blake have been exceptional this season. In fact, many believe they have been the form props of this season’s NRL competition.

It's easy to blame the guy who has been sacked - classic arse covering 101. Ritchie rarely writes anything without an agenda - maybe some bridges had to be mended so the media puppet gets an "exclusive"

More proof how much of a idiot moron Barrett is.
Tapau was too dedicated at his training and discipline and Twent clearly could not handle that. No doubt Tapau would have told Twent that too.
And Marty doesn't drink so he wouldn't go with Trent on his regular drinking sessions

It's easy to blame the guy who has been sacked - classic arse covering 101. Ritchie rarely writes anything without an agenda - maybe some bridges had to be mended so the media puppet gets an "exclusive"
I thought it was pretty obvious on the field that the players were divided and they’re clearly not now.
What’s changed?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7