[Resurrected] Taupau being shopped?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Joe will know that better than I Bozo, but will let you know we have 2 dazzling speedsters in Koula and Weekes , but neither are centre's
There is 1 youngster named Feledy who is a gun centre, but maybe 2 years off (I think) ?
The best prospect I believe is a young Fainu playing at halfback - kid is Special imo
Surely Tolu can play centres if he’s played 1 and wing before? I swear i’ve seen him named in centres in juniors before... anyone know?

Surely Tolu can play centres if he’s played 1 and wing before? I swear i’ve seen him named in centres in juniors before... anyone know?
He is predominantly a fullback but has played also on the wing in NSW cup.
There's every chance he would have the ability to play centre snd stated on another thread, he won't be considered at fullback, but players in the 2, 3, 4 and 5 jersey have serious competition in 2022

I understand the cap issues and the so called smart money, but I really do hate the idea of shopping Marty off, same as I hated letting Appi go and that royally screwed us for 18 months.
Specially when we potentially get another plodder and not rid ourselves of the ones we have.

So this will be Marty's 200th and possibly final game for Manly. The guy has never won an nrl finals game. We can't send him out like this. He's been a stalwart for Manly since he arrived. Let's do this for the big hombre lads.
He still has another year to run on 850k I believe, can't see any other club paying this amount for Marty at this stage of his career. And not a fan of subsidising other clubs purchases.

Marty was flat against the Storm, but he wasn't alone.

Marching him in a way that costs us freight should only be used if the player is toxic to culture, a liability to club image, or a freeloader Nasty Nate style.

Marty is none of those, and has ALWAYS been a great clubman.

Some people need to pull their bloody heads in and acknowledge his contribution transcends his minutes on-field.

Missed that interview last week. I know he is on some big coin for next yr but really happy he will be part of the team in 2022. Probably the most professional player in our team besides DCE. That change in diet is just one example of looking for a small advantage that all professional players look for.

He is still our forward leader and a great ambassador for our club.

Not sure how many times Marty has to commit publicly he's staying at Manly, yet everyone carries on and on about him heading elsewhere?
Ahh wasn't it the club who said look around to Marty earlier this year. Nothing has changed as far as the club has said.

can't believe I keep seeing , we need a back up fullback, we already have garrick, he does a good job, there is NO way you are going to get an exact replacement for Turbo cheap or willing to stand in the shadows..

Koula can play centre, wing or full back and is considered one of the most exciting young attacking players coming through NRL ranks. I suspect he'll debut in first grade in 2022, possibly at centre, but he'll certainly be a good back up for Turbo. Its suggested he's faster than Saab and Addo Carr. Only 18 years old.

can't believe I keep seeing , we need a back up fullback, we already have garrick, he does a good job, there is NO way you are going to get an exact replacement for Turbo cheap or willing to stand in the shadows..
If Tom continues his injury susceptibility we really will need someone a bit better than Scarf to fill the void he leaves. Hopefully Scarf can improve a lot with Snake's help in filling that position.

On the Koala subject, I can't see Des blooding him in FG until '23, at the EARLIEST.

If Tom continues his injury susceptibility we really will need someone a bit better than Scarf to fill the void he leaves. Hopefully Scarf can improve a lot with Snake's help in filling that position.

On the Koala subject, I can't see Des blooding him in FG until '23, at the EARLIEST.
Any player with ability between Scarf and Turbo would not want to sit in the shadow, they would want to be first choice..

Any player with ability between Scarf and Turbo would not want to sit in the shadow, they would want to be first choice..
There a quite a few players in the NRL that fit the requirement and are not first-choice FB's. There is a HUGE gap between the abilities of the 2.
I'm GUESSING Koala will be a centre, maybe he will be able to cover FB if needed. I'm also guessing he is also in our Top 30 coz he needs to be paid more than the $60k devel contract money, and not because he is deemed to be playing FG soon. Like I said, guessing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4