[Resurrected] Taupau being shopped?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Suli should have stayed a winger...he debuted there and given his lack of any footballing smarts, he is simply a big body that runs hard. He shouldn’t have to make decisions on a football field. Just play like Sivo and job done.
Wouldn't have agreed with him as a winger earlier, as Suli getting early ball and taking on his opposite number, had some success (zero consistency), without worrying about the sideline....but today's game your centre MUST have the ability to unleash their winger into space and Suli lacks both the vision and ability to do this and also defensively it simplifies his job and lets face it, he often looks like a fish out of water when the opposition shift the ball his way and gets caught basically flat flooted and in no mans land.
As destructive as Suli can be and I have backed his potential in the past....his time to show it must be coming to an abrupt end and I dare say even as a winger is behind both Saab and Garrick and also there are a few young guns who will be snapping at heals by 2022...the line is only getting longer.

You need a good work horse in your team and Marty is that. He gets in there and does his job and does it well.

We dont need something fancy for that position other than the ability to make ground, defend well and off load as often as is available. Its an important role to get the team the ground needed for the players with ball skills.

I think the forward line up is beginning to look pretty decent. Jake holds the centre and has the skills to set play up from the middle of the pack, Schuster (who I think is wasted in the forwards but so be it for now), is the X factor forward to play a little wider and create space and opportunities for the backs (love to see this guy in a year or two with Burbo running off him), Keppie is a Buhrer like work horse with a touch of creativity and safety in defence, Olakau'atu and Paseka monster the opposition up the middle with occasional big runs, Burbo will become a bit of a Menzies type, classic defence and the speed of a centre. Aloiai covers the same issues as Marty, and then great back ups on the bench in Davey, Lawton, Sipley, De Luis.

What more do you want. And there's a couple of kids like Sione Fainu, Saddler etc coming through, if they re-sign them. Manly dont need to spend big in the forwards. In fact we dont really need to spend big anywhere. The team we have and those on the rise are a pretty decent lot.
I love the current set up. Would keep Marty. Need a strong prop rotation ti be competitive, and if he is moved on big hole left. I don't mind Shuster as an edge, have not had a ball playing edge for ages and has already worked up a great combo with dce, foran and Tom. I love Jake in the middle, back to his best recently especially with his combination with his brother in the middle. I would not change a thing.

Wouldn't have agreed with him as a winger earlier, as Suli getting early ball and taking on his opposite number, had some success (zero consistency), without worrying about the sideline....but today's game your centre MUST have the ability to unleash their winger into space and Suli lacks both the vision and ability to do this and also defensively it simplifies his job and lets face it, he often looks like a fish out of water when the opposition shift the ball his way and gets caught basically flat flooted and in no mans land.
As destructive as Suli can be and I have backed his potential in the past....his time to show it must be coming to an abrupt end and I dare say even as a winger is behind both Saab and Garrick and also there are a few young guns who will be snapping at heals by 2022...the line is only getting longer.
Speaking of centres . We have been blessed with premiership winning dynamic and dominating classy centres like Lyon , Matai. etc, etc, etc is there any great young gun centres coming up in the grades @Smokin Joe is our best Man to enlighten us perhaps .

Suli should have stayed a winger...he debuted there and given his lack of any footballing smarts, he is simply a big body that runs hard. He shouldn’t have to make decisions on a football field. Just play like Sivo and job done.

Sivo can jump thou.

Speaking of centres . We have been blessed with premiership winning dynamic and dominating classy centres like Lyon , Matai. etc, etc, etc is there any great young gun centres coming up in the grades @Smokin Joe is our best Man to enlighten us perhaps .
Joe will know that better than I Bozo, but will let you know we have 2 dazzling speedsters in Koula and Weekes , but neither are centre's
There is 1 youngster named Feledy who is a gun centre, but maybe 2 years off (I think) ?
The best prospect I believe is a young Fainu playing at halfback - kid is Special imo

I wonder what Marty's value would be in 2023? As stated earlier, 2022 is backended, so I wonder what his real contract value would have been for 2022, maybe $650k? I wouldn't want to see him gone at the moment and pay $200k of his contract. To replace him we still be paying out about $600k for a comparable prop plus the donation of the backended deal.
The only benefit for Manly to shop him around is that we pay no freight for 2022 if we heave a suitable replacement within or outside of the Club.

@The better Robbo I take it back mate,you might be on the money.
Reports are that Pangai might move to Dogs next year with Dogs picking up all of salary and with us rumoured to be looking at Woods for next year it is a real chance that Marty might end up at Broncos,apologies mate.

@The better Robbo I take it back mate,you might be on the money.
Reports are that Pangai might move to Dogs next year with Dogs picking up all of salary and with us rumoured to be looking at Woods for next year it is a real chance that Marty might end up at Broncos,apologies mate.

From Taupau to Woods, is like going from the boardroom to the basement. Back to Nate Myles days. I'm going to struggle watching us with that bloke running around. If Taupau goes make Saddler a full time player. Or promote Fainu.

Come on Parra, don't make us the latest retirement village.

From Taupau to Woods, is like going from the boardroom to the basement. Back to Nate Myles days. I'm going to struggle watching us with that bloke running around. If Taupau goes make Saddler a full time player. Or promote Fainu.

Come on Parra, don't make us the latest retirement village.
The difference between Myles and Woods is vast. Myles' stats were seriously bad (Origin aside) while Woods is still punching out 120 plus metres each game from 40 odd minutes.

We have a lot of very good juniors coming through who need to be retained. Marty's dollars will help that to happen.

Plenty of others to be moved on before Marty. Jetski, Boyle, Siro all off contract. Suli should be moved on, he is on 650k! Walker is also on 600k.

Would keep Marty hands down before any of them. Our forward platform is one of the reasons the backs are doing so well. We need to keep a strong front row rotation. Sippley and Keppie are not there yet. If we did move him on, we need a like for like, and who else is out there off contract that we can get on the cheap that is as good as marty
suli 550k

pretty sure walkers five eighth contract was 650k but his current one is 450k. if we offered him less i'd assume we offered him 300-400k.

on the prop talk - i would go for a straight swap with canberra for Tapine. He is quality and would be on less than the 850k marty is rumoured to be on. 600k would be decent IMO.

Vaughan, as Cronk said, is not a player you win a comp with. I'd take him if it was severe unders (300-400k) and we had faith that Paseka and Aloiai would be able to step up in the absence of Marty, with Vaughan and Sipley/Keppie off the bench.

If true, I feel for Marty, he has been a good servant to the club since he arrived.
I‘d hate to see Chumley or Vaughn in our side, it’s looking backwards for mine, both are past their best best and wouldn’t improve our side or offer much looking to the future.

We have Aloia, Marty, Keppie, Paseka, Sippers, then there’s Saddler and possibly Jake as an option. I don’t see why we would want another prop especially the two mentioned and I hope we don’t resign Boyle, Jetski or Sirro as possible options.
Last night was like a window to the past, we need to look forward, with regard to a couple of quality new signings, not picking up other clubs rubbish.

If Marty finds a good deal, then thanks for your service, sad to see you go, but there’s no need to rush into the market for a front rower, particularly the 2 mentioned above.
JOE TAPINE.

Had a fall out with Ricky. Is such a good modern day middle.

suli 550k

pretty sure walkers five eighth contract was 650k but his current one is 450k. if we offered him less i'd assume we offered him 300-400k.

on the prop talk - i would go for a straight swap with canberra for Tapine. He is quality and would be on less than the 850k marty is rumoured to be on. 600k would be decent IMO.

Vaughan, as Cronk said, is not a player you win a comp with. I'd take him if it was severe unders (300-400k) and we had faith that Paseka and Aloiai would be able to step up in the absence of Marty, with Vaughan and Sipley/Keppie off the bench.
i would still like to keep Marty for his remaining year and then one extra year on a reduced salary. Move on Boyle, Siro, Jetski, Suli. I still think Marty has a big impact, especially on his second stints. Really gets us going forward. Cannot see raiders letting Tapine go, he is their best forward by a mile, but would be a yes from me if we snagged him but it wont happen, he just signed until end of 2023. You need those quality front rowers in your team, without them, the backs are rendered useless.

i would still like to keep Marty for his remaining year and then one extra year on a reduced salary. Move on Boyle, Siro, Jetski, Suli. I still think Marty has a big impact, especially on his second stints. Really gets us going forward. Cannot see raiders letting Tapine go, he is their best forward by a mile, but would be a yes from me if we snagged him but it wont happen, he just signed until end of 2023. You need those quality front rowers in your team, without them, the backs are rendered useless.
Straight swap Taupau for Tapine reckon they would be interested? Probably not I guess... but maybe Tapine would be? Few kiwi bros in our lineup.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4