[Resurrected] Taupau being shopped?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I like that Pack a lot
it's got a very nice balance aye. Lotta mongrel, aggression, and size in that pack all at the same time being mobile and quick which is very handy. Add to a very skillful, ball-playing attacking threat in Schuster in the middle of the park, our attack would be very dangerous and not be lacking in any creativity or strike. Got your hardworking tradesman-like forwards in Jake Keppie and Aloiai, just a really nice balance in the forward pack.

They released Lodge to try to help reduce money spent on middles(even though they are paying a lot of his freight),why would they pay a truck load of money to then sign Marty?
Even if we were kicking in a bit next year it just doesn't seem right, at best for them it would just be trading Lodge for Marty with no cap relief and at worst signing a guy in his thirties and paying more for another prop.
They have people circling Haas because his contract is not as huge as other props of lesser ability,don't think they would be reducing the amount of cap space and risk losing him...

They released Lodge to try to help reduce money spent on middles(even though they are paying a lot of his freight),why would they pay a truck load of money to then sign Marty?
Even if we were kicking in a bit next year it just doesn't seem right, at best for them it would just be trading Lodge for Marty with no cap relief and at worst signing a guy in his thirties and paying more for another prop.
They have people circling Haas because his contract is not as huge as other props of lesser ability,don't think they would be reducing the amount of cap space and risk losing him...
I think they released Lodge because he is pooh!

it's got a very nice balance aye. Lotta mongrel, aggression, and size in that pack all at the same time being mobile and quick which is very handy. Add to a very skillful, ball-playing attacking threat in Schuster in the middle of the park, our attack would be very dangerous and not be lacking in any creativity or strike. Got your hardworking tradesman-like forwards in Jake Keppie and Aloiai, just a really nice balance in the forward pack.
Lacks a tackling dynamo. I'm liking Lawton as a second rower, doesn't have the power or intimidation factor of Watmough (we've got Haumole now for that anyway) but there is something a little reminiscent of Choc in his play.

edit - although I guess Jake is a tackling dynamo!

At the beginning of the year I would have been happy if Marty found a long-term deal elsewhere and we released him from his final year (or two).

Now, I would still release him (if he can secure a good 3 year deal elsewhere you can't stand in his way), but I would not be happy. He has been great for us since Round 4. And I would rather not sign Walker if it meant keeping Marty

I wouldn't be touching Vaughn - he is not the type we need around the young guys. Maybe Woods for low money as he will help Paseka, Keppie, Toff and some of the other young guys continue to develop.
I really don’t think Marty has been that great. He’s had a couple of good games but he’s been outplayed by the other props in the team. Last night he was hopeless. Defence was hopeless. Go forward was average. One good pass was his only good thing. I’d be happy to see him go elsewhere.

I haven't seen the last game so I don't know how he played, but what I've seen of Taupau, he has seemed consistently solid to me and a good defender. To date our most reliable prop in my opinion.

I hate the idea of shopping him around, just the same as I hated Brent Kite playing for Riff, and Glenn Stewart playing for Souths.

These are fine people who have served our club well. I would want Marty there post-playing career to teach younger players how to be a decent human and how to play and train.

Keep Marty for mine, 120 plus games actually means something to me. And when the time comes tap him on the shoulder.

Move on the deadwood, we have our share of that just like any club.

Just announced Haas is looking at signing a 10 million dollar contract. Doesn't sound like they are saving money on middles here ;)

Dumb clubs are gonna do dumb club things.

Pissing large % of the cap on non spine positions is madness....I exclude Jake here, given the keeping Turbo happy factor.

And contracts of that length are even worse, given our current love of snap rule changes.

I hate the idea of shopping him around, just the same as I hated Brent Kite playing for Riff, and Glenn Stewart playing for Souths.

These are fine people who have served our club well. I would want Marty there post-playing career to teach younger players how to be a decent human and how to play and train.

Keep Marty for mine, 120 plus games actually means something to me. And when the time comes tap him on the shoulder.

Move on the deadwood, we have our share of that just like any club.
Here's an idea - keep Marty and sell of Jetski - now if they said Manly was shopping Jetski - you could maybe believe that! Des surely has to move him on!

And sell Suli - please
Siro, Gosiewski and Boyle should probably all go. Suli is taking up quite a bit of cap space for a reserve grader, problem is who would actually buy him?
I think Fainu could bring out the best in Suli IF he is set free. Does anyone know how much Suli signed for? I thought we git him for about 400k?

Siro, Gosiewski and Boyle should probably all go. Suli is taking up quite a bit of cap space for a reserve grader, problem is who would actually buy him?
I think Fainu could bring out the best in Suli IF he is set free. Does anyone know how much Suli signed for? I thought we git him for about 400k?

Allegedly 550k next year. We would have to pay some or most of his freight to get rid of him.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6