[Resurrected] Taupau being shopped?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And off the field. That's worth something too.
Marty is a clear leader of men.

So is Vaughan, I suppose.....just not in a good way.
You are right Marty is a great guy and great role model off the field as well and that is worth a lot

At the Dragons Vaughan was a leader and he led them the wrong way

We have plenty of good blokes /Characters Leaders in our squad and Vaughan wont be one of them
Hopefully our leaders can inspire him to be his best version

It was established earlier in the season that Marty was told he could leave if he found a deal beyond 2022. Who knows whether he is being "actively shopped" but i doubt Manly will pay much freight if at all for him to leave. He's playing well and we need him right now so there is no way he goes during this season.

Geez I hope it’s true.

We can’t afford two props on +$800k - Jake and Kapow.

At least Jake offers some ball playing ability but lately has been used as a battering ram prop.
Jake and Paseka with Schuster at 13 would be amazing.

Would be ecstatic to lose Taupau and gain Vaughn. Same same but with a $400k difference in value given the circumstance.

Marty does have some ball playing ability... putting Sipley into that gap was something that neither of our halves managed to do for most of the night.

But having 2 middle forwards on $800k+ is a really silly situation to be in.

What do u reckon of the idea of, tpj for taupau. Move schuster to lock and Jake to the prop rotation. I believe TPJ would come really good under Des, and the leadership of Chez Foz Jake and some of our other forward leaders. Right now he is a player who can win u a game but also lose you a game, just needs to fix his attitude. Still quite young with huge potential to be an elite damaging backrower.

08. Paseka
09. Fainu
10. Jake
11. Smole
12. TPJ
13. Schuster

14. Walker
15. Lawton
16. Aloiai
17. Keppie

Vaughan does suit the modern game when he plays to his potential. Big motor, mobile, strong yardage and good defence. Chalk and cheese to how Marty acts as a professional compared to Vaughan though. 400k for Vaughan though would be good value under dez coaching. 800k that marty is on is standard for a lot of props going around these days.

Is Suli on $650 ?

I do no mind Suli but He does not justify that figure on the playing field at all .

Surely we can get better value in our cap for $650
I really doubt that $650k figure for Suli, I know the Dragons offered him around $550k a couple of years ago, but decided to stay for less, I reckon 400-450k more likely.
I really doubt any centre, apart from perhaps Lomax, would be on that sort of money, and he's not worth it either.
The Days of the centre being the main man are long gone, as they basically just play on one side of the field

There has been smoke for 4 years now going back to the Twent years.
You are right ! there has been a lot of smoke over the years but the interesting thing is that the smoke has not gone away and it still lingers on feathered friend

Surely we are not that desperate to remotely consider signing Vaughan.
Just because he is a reasonable player doesn't mean he is good for team morale nor sponsors' brands.
He can be born again feathered friend . We just need to pray for him .
Dont forget to have him in your prayers tonight

I really doubt that $650k figure for Suli, I know the Dragons offered him around $550k a couple of years ago, but decided to stay for less, I reckon 400-450k more likely.
I really doubt any centre, apart from perhaps Lomax, would be on that sort of money, and he's not worth it either.
The Days of the centre being the main man are long gone, as they basically just play on one side of the field
I guess you put things in perspective with his contract figure

Still , He is not giving the club 400-450k for his services .

Suli has been living on potential for a while now .

Pretty sure staggs is on 700k

Interesting thought but this selling off Taupau or him heading for another club has been a journalistic item almost yearly. Same with Walker. And yet Walker is being offered an extension and Taupau is still with us, and is signed until the end of 2022. May have some truth to the story, but its been done before a couple of times and each time it turns out just a lot of conjecture

Interesting thought but this selling off Taupau or him heading for another club has been a journalistic item almost yearly. Same with Walker. And yet Walker is being offered an extension and Taupau is still with us, and is signed until the end of 2022. May have some truth to the story, but its been done before a couple of times and each time it turns out just a lot of conjecture
Exactly - surely BS - no way we start dismantling the team now when we are on a possible Premiership charge. We are a real chance this year with everyone fit. Does anyone think we are suddenly much better as a team right now if we offload Marty now??? Dreaming - simply dreaming.

What do u reckon of the idea of, tpj for taupau. Move schuster to lock and Jake to the prop rotation. I believe TPJ would come really good under Des, and the leadership of Chez Foz Jake and some of our other forward leaders. Right now he is a player who can win u a game but also lose you a game, just needs to fix his attitude. Still quite young with huge potential to be an elite damaging backrower.

08. Paseka
09. Fainu
10. Jake
11. Smole
12. TPJ
13. Schuster

14. Walker
15. Lawton
16. Aloiai
17. Keppie
I like that Pack a lot

Team P W L PD Pts