[Resurrected] Taupau being shopped?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
$800k is massive overs.

That said Id love to keep him but it would have to be less than this.

If the Donkeys offer him $900k a year he’d be mad to not take it.

Pleased I’m not the recruitment manager.

$800k is massive overs.

That said Id love to keep him but it would have to be less than this.

If the Donkeys offer him $900k a year he’d be mad to not take it.

Pleased I’m not the recruitment manager.

Sounds more like if Donkeys offer 650k we put in 150k.

I hope not and hope we are not trying to fund Forans 2 year extension.

Plenty of others to be moved on before Marty. Jetski, Boyle, Siro all off contract. Suli should be moved on, he is on 650k! Walker is also on 600k.

Would keep Marty hands down before any of them. Our forward platform is one of the reasons the backs are doing so well. We need to keep a strong front row rotation. Sippley and Keppie are not there yet. If we did move him on, we need a like for like, and who else is out there off contract that we can get on the cheap that is as good as marty
I agree, one thing I will say about Suli though, is I thought he put his hand up last night and did the hard yards. He seemed to take the hit ups and at one stage he made several tackles in a row from marker. Would I keep him though? No

Plenty of others to be moved on before Marty. Jetski, Boyle, Siro all off contract. Suli should be moved on, he is on 650k! Walker is also on 600k.

Would keep Marty hands down before any of them. Our forward platform is one of the reasons the backs are doing so well. We need to keep a strong front row rotation. Sippley and Keppie are not there yet. If we did move him on, we need a like for like, and who else is out there off contract that we can get on the cheap that is as good as marty
100% agree Gosiewski, Boyle, Siro should all be leaving first and foremost. Purely hypothetical, as Marty would be a lot more desirable to another club than Suli. I have appreciated everything Marty has done for the club, and would be very happy for him to stay.

An extra few hundred thousand though sounds pretty good IF we could jag a quality FB back up. Truly feel that moving forward our front row depth will be fine, but there is a massive void at our club re quality fullbacks - probably the most important individual position in today's game.

With Croker's progression, now Lawton, plus possible Fainu, and Cust, and future guys like Chan Kum Tong, Birt, etc, we have definitely solved our 9 issue. Centre's looking much better too. But back 3 depth is horrible. Can you imagine turbo, and saab/garrick out at the same time? Everyone keeps harping on about Koula (much in the same way as Hopoate), and Tuipuloto too, but I'm not convinced...

People always rave on about Marty. No doubt he’s a good forward but not some monster like he’s made out to be. I’d take ~200k in cap to spend and Vaughn as a replacement any day of the week.

I personally like Marty as he is one of my sentimental favourites and he has been good for us but for 800 grand we can spend it for better value .

Agree regarding Woods, he is a big no from me but Vaughan surely would have learnt his lesson this time and would definitely get him on the cheap.
Vaughan would be great value now . He will do the job that Marty does for less than half the price
He does have a family to feed and hopefully what has happened to him can be his last lesson to learn

Is Suli on $650 ?

I do no mind Suli but He does not justify that figure on the playing field at all .

Surely we can get better value in our cap for $650

Cap performance value is not all about how cheap or expensive a player is

It is all about getting the players value worth on the field

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8