Taufua: Two year contract extension.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Reuben Garrick has already shown that he's better than Jorge in just two games of first grade.

I find this hard because I do like Jorge. But the reality is that he isn't first grade standard any more.

Poor old jorge , under pressure to start the season gets 2 of the worst tracks in his career in the wet. No doubt he has never been a mudder. The football gods served up 2 weeks of nightmare on tafua street really. Only phil tufnell has dropped more. Gotta laugh

Or bring in hoppa jr or Anderson hell anyone but horhey. See his piss poor attempt to do anything with that kick from LG.. guys got no clue

Hopoate still hasn't returned from his knee injury and Anderson, are we allowed to play a development player?

He has a weakness under the high ball .

You can’t afford that weakness in the team

2 first up wet tracks , is not a fair way to judge his capability

Damaging runner starting off our sets , strong defence

But due to fact he can be inconsistent under the highball , it puts us under unnecessary pressure. Conceding possession and points.

I think we need to move on from Taufua

I think part of the problem with him dropping catches is his eyesight, he wears glasses off-field so wonder whether he wears lenses when playing or just goes without. Might explain things

Just a thought.
How would he go in the centres? He makes some powerful runs. A centre position would take the catching pressure off him. I believe he's too short for the wing these days. Most teams have tall wingers with great reach. I don't believe any player of normal height has a chance of beating Twopoos for a high ball.
I'd like our scouts to fly to Fiji and scope a big tall winger.
Jorge to the centres?
Thoughts?

I must be the only one that sees every other winger and fullback drop bombs every week ... But After 2 games here is jorges stats V's his opponents last night ... ...

Jorge .. 1 missed tackle ... 3 errors ..
Manu ... 3 missed tackles .. 2 errors ..

and the womderful Topou 4 missed tackles and 5 errors .....

Still doesn’t hide the fact tafua has had his day and is in the middle of a rapid decline. Sure he may compare in cold hard stats like those, but the immeasurable qualities such as urgency, poise, awareness he is well down the ranks.

Yep seriously it is time for life after Taufua. When all fit including Hoppa and assuming the goose Walker is gone this would be my backline.

Turbo
Elliott
Suli
Garrick
Hoppa (young but tough as nails and coming from a big footy family should be ready I reckon)
Api (I really like Fainu at hooker and Elgeys defence is not up to it)
Dce

And we should be looking for a Elliott replacement asap. Aitken would be perfect I reckon for next year if not sooner. Pushing Garrick to wing.

I must be the only one that sees every other winger and fullback drop bombs every week ... But After 2 games here is jorges stats V's his opponents last night ... ...

Jorge .. 1 missed tackle ... 3 errors ..
Manu ... 3 missed tackles .. 2 errors ..

and the womderful Topou 4 missed tackles and 5 errors .....

Yes but Manu and Topou can run fast and score tries. Something we desperately need.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6