Taufua: Two year contract extension.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Taufua is far too slow for the modern game.. In reality he is a liability and will cost Manly games. Possibly could be of some value in the forwards. I would replace him with Funa immediately.

Jorge has obviously done a lot of work with his catching skills this year. It just shows you that you can show an old dog new tricks. That bomb he caught under severe pressure yesterday almost certainly saved a try against us. He wore the Manly jersey loud and proud for us yesterday.

“Holy f*** Jorge just absolutely murdered him, he’s done well to get back up,” wrote one fan on Twitter.

“Wow … did someone get the number of the truck that just ran over Doueihi,” joked another.

“My lounge chair just shook with that tackle. Stopped him cold.”

773594971a39b346ac0e0e14ded344da.jpg

And for those of you who would welcome a replacement for Jorge just remember that he is ranked 5th in our squad for running metres this season, and he only averages 24 metres less per game than Taupau. He is also ranked 3rd for linebreaks (7).

He’s too slow. Line breaks are only worth while if you have speed to back it up. His defence can be good but he is playing on the wing.Off the mark he is anything but urgent.He is slow in playing the ball and sometimes is way too complacent. As long as he is in his own little world he will cost us.He can’t get to the ball quick enough and other teams know this and have caught him out twice in the
last two games, both resulting in tries for the opposition.We need two good wingers to enter into the finals,not 1.As much as he is a great bloke he would not make my side especially around finals time. Too much at stake.

It's the best Iv'e seen him in a few years....looks energetic and though not a flash, many faster wingers get caught out with kick in behind them.
Personally feel in 2019 he has increased in energy, minimal mistakes and power charges to start sets has been great and has put on a few shots that sap the opposition mentallity and can turn a game in Manly's favour....credit where it's due - Jorge has been great.

He’s too slow. Line breaks are only worth while if you have speed to back it up. His defence can be good but he is playing on the wing.Off the mark he is anything but urgent.He is slow in playing the ball and sometimes is way too complacent. As long as he is in his own little world he will cost us.He can’t get to the ball quick enough and other teams know this and have caught him out twice in the
last two games, both resulting in tries for the opposition.We need two good wingers to enter into the finals,not 1.As much as he is a great bloke he would not make my side especially around finals time. Too much at stake.
True that he isn't the fastest going around, but the work he does with the ball in hand is exceptional. Yes he costs us tries occasionally, but he saves tries as well, by reading the game and putting on massive hits in defence. His carries out of the deep are outstanding, and give us attacking field position that smaller, faster wingers would not be capable of.
Plus, I can't agree that "line breaks are only worthwhile if you have speed to back it up...". A line break can easily make thirty or forty metres for the side, and even if he gets tackled well before the line, the opposition are on the back foot and we make another long raid with the next play.
Give me Jorge and his 105kg line-breaking, defensive brutality any day...plus the way he head-bangs to the team song is totally awesome.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6