Tariq Sims

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I honestly think the Raiders will have one of the top 2 or 3 packs next year. Jnr Paulo, Hodgson, Boyd or Vaughan, Soliola, Fensom, Whitehead and Papalii PLUS if Tapine comes on... ****...
I think they already are mate....would love get Vaughan or Boyd, plus they have that Tapine?? from Newcastle who has mass potential & a host of youngsters coming through the juniors...also like Rapana out wide...would love Manly to snare him.
Actually think with their pack & unpredictable backs, will be 1 team that can scare the top sides in the finals & could surprise.

So if we are looking to sign Mead and Sims at the right price. And Lyon retiring, letting go possibly Matai, Lawrance, Metao, Burgess, Symonds, Hodges, Starling, Leary ect ...
The emergence of Fonua-Blake, Meehan and Knight to come into calculation on the cheap.
We will have another war test to play with at the end of the year.

would be a good buy, purchase a winger first though. Wouldn't mind having hiku back at the club.. great player who can play fullback when tom t is injured

I rate Mead. Especially at fullback. After Wright being signed up, id suggest Carty is being more influential in recruitment then we initially expected.

Just a thought but I can't see Mead coming here to play on the wing, so I'm wondering if club might be viewing Tom T as centre in the future.

David Mead, Tariq Sims, Jordan Rapana.. All good players, I'd be stoked if we signed them up. Mead and Rapana play with heart every game and Rapana has really excelled the last 2 years and recovered the 2 years he spent away on his Mormon mission so his legs had a good rest.

David Mead would be a mix of snakes speed with Robbo's durability and dependability at centre-wing and back up fullback.
Tariq has also saved about 2 years worth of miles in his legs due to injury and suspension and if he joined Manly he would probably regain more of the form he played with at St George, Brisbane and Cowboys. He has so many more dimensions to his game than a Darcy Lussick or Blake Leary type player and he's worked hard on his tackling technique which was never as bad as Darcy's.
I think the second half of Sims career has potential to end up similar to that of Luke O'Donnell when he moved to the Cowboys from the Tigers and if Manly went to cash in on that I would get behind it for sure! :thumbsup:

David Mead, Tariq Sims, Jordan Rapana.. All good players, I'd be stoked if we signed them up. Mead and Rapana play with heart every game and Rapana has really excelled the last 2 years and recovered the 2 years he spent away on his Mormon mission so his legs had a good rest.

David Mead would be a mix of snakes speed with Robbo's durability and dependability at centre-wing and back up fullback.
Tariq has also saved about 2 years worth of miles in his legs due to injury and suspension and if he joined Manly he would probably regain more of the form he played with at St George, Brisbane and Cowboys. He has so many more dimensions to his game than a Darcy Lussick or Blake Leary type player and he's worked hard on his tackling technique which was never as bad as Darcy's.
I think the second half of Sims career has potential to end up similar to that of Luke O'Donnell when he moved to the Cowboys from the Tigers and if Manly went to cash in on that I would get behind it for sure! :thumbsup:
You are mixing your Sims up. Tariq never played for Broncs or Stgeorge.

I would have thought we'd learnt our lesson from recruiting players from teams worse than us: ie. Newcastle (Sims) and the Gold Coast (Mead).
We should be recruiting from teams that have a winning culture, such as Melbourne and Brisbane.

I would have thought we'd learnt our lesson from recruiting players from teams worse than us: ie. Newcastle (Sims) and the Gold Coast (Mead).
We should be recruiting from teams that have a winning culture, such as Melbourne and Brisbane.

Melbourne has a history of buying nobodys from lowly teams and turning them into superstars

Guess

Broncos shouldn't have recruited Milford or Roberts
We shouldn't have picked up Taupau
Bulldogs not got Hopoate
Cowboys probably shouldn't have snapped up Coote
Parra maybe not Scott

Ridiculous statement

Yes your right on the money,look at the last few years both teams have always performed,let's start recruiting at that level.

You are mixing your Sims up. Tariq never played for Broncs or Stgeorge.

No I've got it right, he did play for those clubs just like Ashton. I should specify that I'm including his St George and Brisbane days because at the time he was the best junior forward coming through the system. Form is not exclusive to FG dominance. Korbin played with the Broncos aswell, and infact enjoyed it so much he decided he wanted to become a Queenslan'duhh haha, it makes Tariq and Ashton's blue blood boil!

Okay I'll give you that but Tariq was a winger in the juniors. He would be the first forward picked for Australia without those leg injuries.

Okay I'll give you that but Tariq was a winger in the juniors. He would be the first forward picked for Australia without those leg injuries.

He played NSW under 20's in the back row and Boyd Cordner captained the side.. Good team they had. I remeber him predominantly playing in the forwards in the old Toyota cup teams. I agree he would have been a rep veteran by now without those leg injuries! Hopefully he could return to similar form if we signed him up for next year

Last edited:
Tariq Sims was a player I wish Manly had signed a few seasons back....an absolute powerhouse with speed to boot.....IF - he can regain anything like that form, would be stoked - just not convinced he can get back to that...though at only 26yo - not past his use by date yet.

David Mead has had a lot of knee injuries and no longer has anywhere near the speed he once had. He is on par with a player like FaiFai Loa nowadays.

Mead and sims are not the answer, we would be better of targeting promising juniors like Mitch Barnett and taane Milne.

We should be letter go of our firinge players like symonds, brown, starling etc.

There is little upside to mead or sims and I would have serious concerns if our club think this is sound recruitment.

Just a thought but I can't see Mead coming here to play on the wing, so I'm wondering if club might be viewing Tom T as centre in the future.
I've heard that down the pipeline that apparently word is walker will remain at six no matter the circumstance, Trbojevic is being groomed as a centre, and I can see why, positionally turbo is often caught out. Hence the interest in mead. Honestly I would prefer Hayne but that's long odds we probably aren't even going to approach him

And yes rapana would be on the top of my hit list containing Simona, Sione Matautai, Ma'u, Hayne, Moga, Ponga, Sims, Gillett, SBW, Klemmer and Moses

Tariq Sims was a player I wish Manly had signed a few seasons back....an absolute powerhouse with speed to boot.....IF - he can regain anything like that form, would be stoked - just not convinced he can get back to that...though at only 26yo - not past his use by date yet.

Well said Maxta :handok:

IF- he gets through the Origin period without injury and suspension and shows some form in the process then I'd be happy if Bozo and co stepped up their bid. I'm sceptical of his injuries too but as you said- only 26- and as I mentioned a couple of posts ago, Luke O'Donnell got most of his injuries out of his system at about 26-27 and still had plenty to offer. Except for that wishbone tackle he copped- that was brutal, yet it didn't affect him again once he recovered. Tariq is no LOD 2.0 but if we could do for Tariq what the cowboys did for Luke, I could live with the consequences of such a gamble :praying::rainbow::whew:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6