Tariq Sims

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Quick q...many on here have told me that there is little difference in the modern game between 13, 8 and 10....is there something you see?
Well, the 8 & 10 are all middle players, 11 & 12 are wider players, and a 13 can somewhat rove.

Look at Nth Qld, Brisbane and Cronulla right now. They all have speed and mobility in the middle both in attack and defense. Props that can creat second phase.

The day of tbe plodder (Myles, Vave, AFB & Lussick) is coming to an end.

Off the back of speedy play the balls after big mobile units have made good metres, small blokes like Milford, Barba and co. will tear you up, and that's what happens to us, especially early in games.

I dread the point in the game when Vave and Myles are on. We are so clunky and slow in the middle.

Yeah, they try, but pace and mobility can't be taught. It is what it is.

• 📚
Reactions: lsz
David Mead has had a lot of knee injuries and no longer has anywhere near the speed he once had. He is on par with a player like FaiFai Loa nowadays.
Since his debut he's only had one knee injury and that was a few weeks ago, he's no longer the 11sec runner he once was but still has great speed.

He's all class and if you put him outside mr D Walker you'd have a very formidable right side pairing. He's a big game player and I really want him in with good players so he can shine. He's prob the best right winger and backup FB in the game.

It's an absolute disgrace he's getting blocked by William Zillololol for FB

Carty and Barrett love him so Im really hoping for this to come to fruition

Last edited:
Well, the 8 & 10 are all middle players, 11 & 12 are wider players, and a 13 can somewhat rove.

Look at Nth Qld, Brisbane and Cronulla right now. They all have speed and mobility in the middle both in attack and defense. Props that can creat second phase.

Off the back of speedy play the balls after big mobile units have made good metres, small blokes like Milford, Barba and co. will tear you up, and that's what happens to us, especially early in games.

I dread the point in the game when Vave and Myles are on. We are so clunky and slow in the middle.

A couple of your so called 'plodders' in Jake T, Vave & AFB have been 3 of our better forwards this year!! Players like Taupau, Lawrence, Brown, Leary aren't plodders & what have they really done? Taupau has bee strong without much opportunity in attack but as for the rest?

I thought Blocker Roach was the last od the dinosaurs,and now you tell me there are still some in our team.

Not every modern forward is the athletic SBW mould...in fact watch for Matt Scott to lead the Qld SOO team in possibly the fastest brand of rugby league there is.
There's no issue with the big Vave , AFB players having impact missions & can actually win that momentum, quick play balls & 2nd phase plays.
If Manly were to gain this in the form of Aaron Woods for 2017 would be extremely happy, though for now it's time to keep a healthy 17 on the field to attempt to compete the remainder of 2016.

• 🤝
Reactions: R3
A couple of your so called 'plodders' in Jake T, Vave & AFB have been 3 of our better forwards this year!! Players like Taupau, Lawrence, Brown, Leary aren't plodders & what have they really done? Taupau has bee strong without much opportunity in attack but as for the rest?

No, I'm saying Jake is most certainly NOT a plodder. Re-read what I said. I'm saying start him at prop because it's the opposite. It's the basis of this whole discussion.

Use say Trbojevic / Lawrence to start. Big, mobile, and can offload. That way, you can then fit Taupau / Symonds / Buhrer in the backrow, the latter two being tackling machines.

Myles, Vave & AFB are plodders mate. They make the metres. So did daniel Heckenberg, and Martin Lang (as examples). Yes, our guys are good at what thet do, I'm not disputing that.

What I'm disputing is the mobility in the middle of the park.

Since his debut he's only had one knee injury and that was a few weeks ago, he's no longer the 11sec runner he once was but still has great speed.

He's all class and if you put him outside mr D Walker you'd have a very formidable right side pairing. He's a big game player and I really want him in with good players so he can shine. He's prob the best right winger and backup FB in the game.

It's an absolute disgrace he's getting blocked by William Zillololol for FB

Carty and Barrett love him so Im really hoping for this to come to fruition
Mead has lost a ton of pace and is nothing more than an average first grader.

Jake at prop would mean more hit-ups less tackling. I am more than happy to see Jake doing what he is best at. That's hitting hard in defense..

I think we would miss his defense more than his attack..

• 🏆
Reactions: R3
Mead has lost a ton of pace and is nothing more than an average first grader.
He clocked 4.8s for the 40 dash in the offseason, obviously he's no longer lightning but he's still got speed.

Average, pfft he'd be your best winger

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7